How did Daenerys, Tyrion, and the Dothraki army reach Jaime?

Joshy

Where do you think Daenerys landed in order to surprise Jaime in such a way? Did she simply sail into Blackwater Bay and disembark south of the Blackwater Rush? Did she sail to the sea of Dorne and ride north through the Stormlands? If she did either of these, how was she not spotted by ships loyal to Cersei? Surely Cersei didn't leave the waters of the area unprotected and unwatched. 

Where do you think the battle took place? Was the river that we saw Daenerys flying over, and Jaime falling into, the Blackwater Rush or was it the Mander?

These are good questions that won't be explained.  I don't think there are reasonable answers to any of these questions.  Even Dothraki riding hard would have taken days (weeks?) to reach anywhere that the Lannister army could realistically be.  I suppose Jaime could have the army very near King's Landing, but in that case it would be extremely unlikely that Dany would have surprise.

Oh well, no big deal, great episode.

3 hours ago, Joshy said:

Where do you think Daenerys landed in order to surprise Jaime in such a way? Did she simply sail into Blackwater Bay and disembark south of the Blackwater Rush? Did she sail to the sea of Dorne and ride north through the Stormlands? If she did either of these, how was she not spotted by ships loyal to Cersei? Surely Cersei didn't leave the waters of the area unprotected and unwatched. 

We can only assume, its not something that matters now the whole how did she logistically do it. We are slightly unsure of time scales etc. But again valid points.

3 hours ago, Joshy said:

Where do you think the battle took place? Was the river that we saw Daenerys flying over, and Jaime falling into, the Blackwater Rush or was it the Mander?

Id be more inclined to say the Blackwater Rush, as Randyll said they just need to get the last of the tail through the gates. So assume they were close to KL.

If this map is accurate and we know that the battle took place before the Lannister/Tarly forces had fully crossed the Blackwater Rush, Dany and the Dothraki had to attack from the south as Bronn told Jamie to get to Kings Landing, if Dany and her ships sailed from Dragonstone and hugged the southern coast of Blackwater Bay there are no settlement along that coast so they could sail that way with nobody knowing.  They could have off loaded just outside the Kingswood and Tyrion knowing that the quickest route from Highgarden to Kings Landing was via the Rose Road they had to know that the Lannister/Tarly army was traveling that way and I am guessing that there is only one crossing for the army so that would be the perfect ambush spot. 

Map of Westeros

Great theory! We know she had to ambush Jamie's forces before he got to KL so that's as good as any. I had a feeling (and this is obvious) Jamie was in a valley so all his foreknowledge would be what he got, the sound of horses feet. Ah I gotta watch that episode again.

Judging by the landscape they attacked on the northern border of Dorne ;) I never imagined King's Landing area & the Crownlads in general looking as dray as the Monument Valley. Are there any official illustrations or descriptions of nature near the Blackwater Rush crossing? At least as you say - such location allowed Dothraki get there without teleportation.

4 hours ago, ZombieWife said:

So people really do think this is all teleportation? Seriously?

It's a term that is used sarcastically. People are teleport ing all over the map in this show,  distance and travel time appears to be something the showrunners have decided to ignore. 

On 10-8-2017 at 0:44 AM, Sirielle said:

Judging by the landscape they attacked on the northern border of Dorne ;) I never imagined King's Landing area & the Crownlads in general looking as dray as the Monument Valley. Are there any official illustrations or descriptions of nature near the Blackwater Rush crossing? At least as you say - such location allowed Dothraki get there without teleportation.

Neither did I. My guess is because they used cowboy Western movies as an inspiration for this episode, I think they wanted it to visually convey that vibe.

On 8/10/2017 at 1:31 AM, ZombieWife said:

So people really do think this is all teleportation? Seriously?

This made me laugh, thank you.  

To answer your question, no.  They do not seriously think it's teleportation.  They're being sarcastic since the show runners are playing extremely fast an loose with the passage of time and distance. 

Archived