Arya and Podrick?

So, we have the most badassed women in the show sparring in the winterfell yard. After watching Brienne get her ass handed to her, Pod gives Arya a look. 
Could no one and the impaler hook up? Could the greatest assassin and the greatest member (sorry tormund) become a thing? It would take Pod away from Brienne and let her get some alone time with Tormund. 

You see, it's all about the looks. Im glad you picked up on that because no good shipping match would make sense without it.

Like, did Podrick stare at Arya's lips? Did you count the seconds? If it was anything less than 3.76 seconds, sorry my friend, all bets are off.

And did they go spelunking together first? Nothing says future romance like the smell of sulphuric gas in a tight space. Foreshadowing for the marriage bed, amirite? 

Pod "the tripod" does have his talents, but I don't know if he is fast enough to catch Arya. He could find himself in some weasel soup. 

14 minutes ago, direwoofwoof said:

I actually love this suggestion! Pod and Arya would be adorable together. And he can clearly deal with a woman who is a better fighter than he is and one who is smarter than he is. Pod could be Arya's "spoils of war." Haha!

The thought occurred to me too but I quickly dismissed it.  I don't think Arya could have enough respect for Pod to ever discover his magic member.  I'm holding out for Arya and Gendry....

23 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

The thought occurred to me too but I quickly dismissed it.  I don't think Arya could have enough respect for Pod to ever discover his magic member.  I'm holding out for Arya and Gendry....

Yes! Love that match too! Can't wait to see Gendry again. And since they travelled together, they know each other. She was a kid the last time they were together and now she's grown up. Ok... I'm switching from the Podya train to Aryendry. 

24 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

I'm not so sure. I don't want Arya and Podrick together, but I seriously doubt respect is what would prevent that from happening.

Of all the Starks, Arya has the most respect for commoners and is least likely to judge a person based on their wealth or station. Arya would choose someone based on how she feels about them personally (or perhaps as a ploy to help her achieve a specific mission whether personal or set by Faceless Men, etc).

1 hour ago, Gaz0680 said:

I'm not so sure. I don't want Arya and Podrick together, but I seriously doubt respect is what would prevent that from happening.

Of all the Starks, Arya has the most respect for commoners and is least likely to judge a person based on their wealth or station. Arya would choose someone based on how she feels about them personally (or perhaps as a ploy to help her achieve a specific mission whether personal or set by Faceless Men, etc).

I meant because of his poor fighting abilities.  Arya puts great store by such abilities.  And she is very smart and clever and Pod, although lovable, seems to be a bit of a slow thinker.

1 hour ago, direwoofwoof said:

Yes! Love that match too! Can't wait to see Gendry again. And since they travelled together, they know each other. She was a kid the last time they were together and now she's grown up. Ok... I'm switching from the Podya train to Aryendry. 

LOL  Remember when Arya was trying to convince Gendry to stay with her and not the BWOB? Gendry said something about never having had a family and Arya says in a pleading voice "I could be your family".  Gendry says something about they will be family and she will be his lady.  I know their relationship then was more of a brother/sister affection, but hey, it could always develop into more.

Arya and Gendry sittin in a tree...K I S S I N G  :wub:  Yes, I just reverted to being 10 years old.

1 hour ago, Gaz0680 said:

Arya is still a Lady Stark and could easily wind up in an arranged marriage.

7 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

So, we have the most badassed women in the show sparring in the winterfell yard. After watching Brienne get her ass handed to her, Pod gives Arya a look. 
Could no one and the impaler hook up? Could the greatest assassin and the greatest member (sorry tormund) become a thing? It would take Pod away from Brienne and let her get some alone time with Tormund. 

I watched it back twice.  It was a long shot of Pod and he wasn't giving Arya any particular look.  He actually looked rather bored, but that's likely because the shot was too wide to show any facial detail.

1 minute ago, Illiterati said:

I watched it back twice.  It was a long shot of Pod and he wasn't giving Arya any particular look.  He actually looked rather bored, but that's likely because the shot was too wide to show any facial detail.

I thought he was trying to hide his amusement.

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

He was prehensile pod was def into no one and her delicate  nimble dexterity 

In what way do you mean prehensile? Could be one of two ways, but I think I can guess from your comment about her delicate, nimble dexterity. LOL

22 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

At least it would give Pod some relevance to the story. He's been pretty much dead wood for the last two seasons at least.

17 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

Pod is a noble and for all we know, possibly an heir to House Payne. I don't think it's (tri)Pod's station in the hierarchy of families the poster was referring to about Arya not respecting him. I think it had more to do with his personality.

Archived