Is there anyone else who hates Tyrion's arc this season?

Jcat

I think your right Pecan.  Although I am not a book reader, the scope of the literary format permits far more detailed exposition.  It also seemed that earlier seasons of the TV show tended more carefully to the intricacies of the plot line.  Now it seems D & D are in a mad dash to finish and a lot of the detail is left behind in their haste.

53 minutes ago, Jcat said:

I think your right Pecan.  Although I am not a book reader, the scope of the literary format permits far more detailed exposition.  It also seemed that earlier seasons of the TV show tended more carefully to the intricacies of the plot line.  Now it seems D & D are in a mad dash to finish and a lot of the detail is left behind in their haste.

It is a bit of a mad dash, isn't it? It's honestly surprising to me that HBO is letting the show end so soon, but it'll be interesting to see what direction they go with the spinoffs. I think HBO is in the Westeros business for the long haul. 

You should try the books. They're fun!

I am just watching a Youtube GoT feedback show by Phil the Issues Guy w/ Azor Ahype gueststarring.  They are talking about the show, but they digressed into book issues and the differences seem significant.  I respect book readers and their much greater span of knowledge about the world of Ice and Fire.  Ideally, I would like to approach each as their own thing.  And while the show is still airing 'I don't want to cross those streams.'

I do not think book Tyrion will be such a bumbler as Daenerys' Hand as he is in the show.

The main difference is that the books are so much richer and in-depth and you get a lot more backstory about characters like Rhaegar from the stories people tell about him. There's just a lot more in the books.

I think Tyrion is being set up to abandon Dany's cause for another option if it presents itself and no, not for Cersei but it is worth keeping an eye on. I actually think Varys may be the instigator on this. "The Golden Company" has me wondering, this late, would they or would they not?

21 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I think Tyrion is being set up to abandon Dany's cause for another option if it presents itself and no, not for Cersei but it is worth keeping an eye on. I actually think Varys may be the instigator on this. "The Golden Company" has me wondering, this late, would they or would they not?

I started another post on the season 7 episode 4 subforum on just that subject.  I want Tyrion to go north, as kind of a Samwell Tarly substitute.  Maybe there he can recover his Mojo.

I miss the old Tyrion.

8 hours ago, Jcat said:

I started another post on the season 7 episode 4 subforum on just that subject.  I want Tyrion to go north, as kind of a Samwell Tarly substitute.  Maybe there he can recover his Mojo.

I miss the old Tyrion.

I do not know where up North he would find his mojo. Dwarfs also are very slow running in the snow. I think he goes where the Golden Company goes. Wink, Wink.

3 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I do not know where up North he would find his mojo. Dwarfs also are very slow running in the snow. I think he goes where the Golden Company goes. Wink, Wink.

To Cersei? lol.  Look the Golden Company on the show is not the same Golden Company in the books. It is just a mercenary army who in show universe Jorah used to be employed.

5 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Tyrion fit in alright with the Watch in season 1.

Maybe he wouldn't find his mojo again going north, but he sure doesn't have it down south in Dragonstone.

10 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Tyrion is addicted to "the good life". The nights watch is not for him.

Sorry I was not suggesting Tyrion join the Nights Watch.  I was implying that he is adaptable enough to make it and be of some use in the north.  

In anycase, I really doubt Tyrion will go north, except eventually with Daenerys if she moves to ally with Jon against the White Walkers.

22 minutes ago, Jcat said:

Sorry I was not suggesting Tyrion join the Nights Watch.  I was implying that he is adaptable enough to make it and be of some use in the north.  

In anycase, I really doubt Tyrion will go north, except eventually with Daenerys if she moves to ally with Jon against the White Walkers.

I would love him to be an ambassador sent to negotiate with the nights king.

Archived