MEERA!

Iron Mother

Meera needs mega ups appreciation.  She dragged Bran all over the Always Winter and lost her brother... when Hodor died she got him back to Winterfell totally on her own.  It was so sad to see her sadness when leaving Bran.  Who did not get a pang of heartbreak for her!

@~~*Meera*~~@

That was truly the first  time I was sad about something on this show. She was so brave and strong (she's  one of my three favorite  female charaters). She preformed a daunting task and came out undaubted but  there was literally  no one there to thank her for keeping Bran safe.

9 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

That was truly the first  time I was sad about something on this show. She was so brave and strong (she's  one of my three favorite  female charaters). She preformed a daunting task and came out undaubted but  there was literally  no one there to thank her for keeping Bran safe.

First time?

What about Ned and Rob loosing their head?

That scene was to show Bran was not Bran anymore he is the 3 eyed crow. That may mean more than he just gone all miserable, perhaps he is just the vessel or some such. More likely he just has so much stuff going on. He has basically seen all the misery across time and has no room for emotion. He is as cold as the NK who he must defeat. However Meera, will be seen again as Howland Reed is the only one who was present at the tower of joy to confirm what Bran saw is true. Perhaps there is unfinished business between these two?

7 minutes ago, ERRI8013 said:

First time?

What about Ned and Rob loosing their head?

Yes first time. Does that surprise you? Ned? Nope. He revealed too much too soon to Cersei. Joff gave the order and it surprised Cersei and co. But even if Joff hadn't, I honestly didn't see him leaving Kings Landing alive. Not even making it to the wall. I didn't  expect it to be Joff to give the order.

I was super awed by the Red Wedding. Excellent play of events bold by the writer.Didn't  care for Robb or Catelyn Tully.

Let me put it this way after I read Jaime and Cersei fucking  then Bran a child bring pushed  out that window by Jaime with Cersei watching. I KNEW I was in for a crazy ride. The Lannisters were not to be fucked with. He pushed a child!!!!!

Carry on back  to Meera the awesome 

I really don't care about Meera, but she does indeed deserve appreciation for dragging Bran to safety. Poor girl spent years freezing her ass in the north for a kid who ended up being a creepy psychic with the emotional level of a potato sack. 

10 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

I really don't care about Meera, but she does indeed deserve appreciation for dragging Bran to safety. Poor girl spent years freezing her ass in the north for a kid who ended up being a creepy psychic with the emotional level of a potato sack. 

Very much agreed. I'd guess it's not the last we will see of her though.

Absolutely, a fantastic effort considering the challenges posed by both the landscape and the formidable enemies she faced. The loss of her brother, Hodor, Summer and the Children no doubt weighed heavily on her shoulders as well.

Ellie Kendrick is also great. She put more emotion into those few lines than some others have managed in much more prominent roles. I hope we get to see more of her and Meera before the series comes to an end.

You don't care about Meera?  She's so gentle a soul but fierce and strong.  Her wavering voice as she spoke to Bran.  It's like I want to do something to make her happy.  She makes me want to reach out.  I want to see her smile.  It's so weird how a minor character can carry such weight.  It's her demeanor and voice and delivery of lines. 

She makes me want to care!  And trust me, when they killed Prince Doran, I wanted to choke Ellaria, the actor who plays Ellaria, the person who wrote the script, the producers and ANYONE who signed off on that plot point -- with a Dead Heart for G.O.T. - just D.O.A. for it..  But Meera leaving Bran, for that 30 seconds, I actually cared about something in the show again.

2 hours ago, Anarres said:

Ellie Kendrick is also great. She put more emotion into those few lines than some others have managed in much more prominent roles.

So true!

And I can't believe the Lady of Winterfell didn't even offer her clean clothes, a hair cut and money for a taxi to Greywater Watch…

Meera Killed A White Walker.  She's at the top of the only power rankings that matter (tied with Jon and Sam).

Plus if Bran really is the key to stopping this whole White Walker thing and his survival is so essential that the ends justify all means, then how big a hero is she for being the main person responsible for getting him up there and back?  The Biggest.

[and yes Ellie Kendrick has been acting her pants off even when getting only small windows to show it.]

33 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

So true!

And I can't believe the Lady of Winterfell didn't even offer her clean clothes, a hair cut and money for a taxi to Greywater Watch…

Seriously.  The frustrating part about that is they really want to show off how Sansa is "coming into her own" and flexing as the ruling lord (lady) of Winterfell.  Thanking Meera, referencing the years of leal service of House Reed to House Stark, pledging to honor the sacrifice she and her family have made to uphold that oath, that would totally do that and would be a much cooler and more effective way to do that than just having her talk about grain and telling veteran armorers how to make armor.  Bran may be in robot mode but Sansa sure isn't, I would think she'd want to make a point of expressing gratitude to the loyal banner(wo)man who brought her brother home, and yeah they could even give Howland a shout-out or something.

Plus you could still have Creepofinger slide on up to her and rub one out to how official and natural leader-y she sounds while doing it, so it also accomplishes whatever they're trying to accomplish there.

So yeah I'm pretty bummed that scene looked so much like a Write-Out and that Meera seemed to get the brush-off from the Starks and from the production team (though at least her reason for leaving made sense.  She is, after all, the heir to Greywater Watch now; it is kinda important she gets home).

I felt so bad for her.   She is right,  after all what the group did for him.  But,  has over loaded on info have has become lost.  He I think needed Blood Raven's help.   He told Bran that he wasn't ready, and I think that this is the result of too much too soon without BR guidance.  

Bran did not die in the Cave,  he died on the way to the wall after his uncle dropped them at the edge of the forest near the wall.  I do think that Merrera & her father will show up in Winterfell come next season.

Archived