The Golden Company

Any chance that if Jon's true parentage comes to light next season that the GC will flock to him now that they've officially been brought into the fold?

I don't expect them to go down the Blackfyre route but I wouldn't be surprised if they go through a generalised one of the army simply having blood ties and oath to any Targaryen "bastard".

Could be a potentially great moment next season where Cersei's scheming is all for nowt.

TBH Euron and Cersei should be the last great human threat so I'd be disappointed if the GC were introduced just to give Cersei reinforcement within the ranks.

17 hours ago, Ser Matt Dayne said:

Any chance that if Jon's true parentage comes to light next season that the GC will flock to him now that they've officially been brought into the fold?

Potentially they could but I think its a long shot, also to add a curve ball what happens if Jon a legitimised bastard making him Targaryen there would then make sense the GC joined Cersei against two Targaryens.

I don't expect them to go down the Blackfyre route but I wouldn't be surprised if they go through a generalised one of the army simply having blood ties and oath to any Targaryen "bastard".

Could be a potentially great moment next season where Cersei's scheming is all for nowt.

If anything Cersei will gain the GC, this potentially could bring back Daario Naharis, who may have joined the GC once again.

TBH Euron and Cersei should be the last great human threat so I'd be disappointed if the GC were introduced just to give Cersei reinforcement within the ranks.

For me either we dont see them  or Cersei recruits them.

5 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

The Golden Company is just a regular mercenary company. There is no reason to think it has any connection to what they are in the books.

This ^

There's no way they can introduce and explain, in any reasonable way, the connection the GC has to the Targaryens. 

Archived