Star Wars Ep. VIII: The Last Thread [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

Well it certainly gives the impression that the complaints about Rey's power will at least be addressed by way of explanation of her power, hopefully whatever it is turns out to be sufficient to satisfy people.

Reading reactions elsewhere and

Spoiler

While there is general acceptance that the current time Luke is seeing "this raw power" he is talking about Rey, there is much speculation about who it was when he saw it before and wasn't as scared as he should be. Kylo seems the most likely, and intended, interpretation if you think it is about someone else which means its quite possibly misdirection. I saw someone put this in as part of a crackpot, but I think there is actually a decent chance he's talking about Rey both times and that she's actually the one that destroyed the academy - or at least did something initially that then led to Kylo's actions. She would have done this as a tiny kid at that point and then been mind wiped and left on Jakku as he books it out of there.

6 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Here is the trailer, for anyone who wants to watch it. You know you want to, give into your desires, feel the power of the trailer. :devil:

Bastard.

:P

Trying hard to resist. 

41 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

You know it was directed by Rian Johnson and not JJ Abrams right? 

T'was more of a pun that "The Force awakens" was just "A New Hope". I am aware that both directors and writers changed, but I am also aware that big corporation don't tend to change a winning horse. Both storywise and stylistic.

10 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Hardly, I was pretty good overall, you foresee one thing wrong and everyone holds it against you forever :P.

You could have at least foreseen that a room with a view does not outweigh the dangers of a long shaft that is not sealed off yet.

17 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I don't know what this means.

It means that I think the movie was put together out of a pile of standard blockbuster storytelling pieces to fit the needs of the franchise selling to as many people as possible rather than something created because the people creating it have a story they genuinely love and want to tell.

Archived