A Traitor amongst Daenarys Group

pinoyathletics

Do you think somebody from Daenarys group gave information to Cersei about the planned invasion of Casterly Rock and the location of Yaras forces.

I mean the Casterly Rock info could have been tortured from Ellaria, Tyene or Yara. But the problem with that is, would there have been nothing time for the Lannisters to abandon Castley Rock and for the Ironborne fleet to reach the other coast of Westeros?

If not this then how did Euron find Yaras fleet without some kind of tip off.

So who is the traitor

Varys, Tyrion?? heck it could even one of the ones we least suspect such as Missandei? I mean why else would Missandei still be kept alive as part of the story. Surely its not Greyworm, or it could because he is afraid to die now. I mean did the scenes between Missandei and Greyworm at Dragonstone have some other point to the storyline?

I don't think there is a traitor in Daenerys' team, like you said there is nothing abnormal about the lannisters' tactics, they knew about the attack of CR and Euron intercepting Yara can be done with the help of scouts

It was clear in this episode when Daenerys made Tyrion shut up and asked Jon for advice : Tyrion failed, he have limited experience in war (Blackwater Bay and the truth is that Tywin and the Tyrells saved Tyrion and won the battle), he is more a politician than a military strategist and can't compete with ones like Jaime or Euron.

And for me, anyone who says Missandei is the traitor is an idiot, a very big idiot, Missandei was freed from slavery by Daenerys and her best BFF

19 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I don't think there is a traitor in Daenerys' team, like you said there is nothing abnormal about the lannisters' tactics, they knew about the attack of CR and Euron intercepting Yara can be done with the help of scouts

It was clear in this episode when Daenerys made Tyrion shut up and asked Jon for advice : Tyrion failed, he have limited experience in war (Blackwater Bay and the truth is that Tywin and the Tyrells saved Tyrion and won the battle), he is more a politician than a military strategist and can't compete with ones like Jaime or Euron.

And for me, anyone who says Missandei is the traitor is an idiot, a very big idiot, Missandei was freed from slavery by Daenerys and her best BFF

My husband and I have been arguing about this very thing since E2 and I tried to start a discussion on it last week but it wasn't approved.  Casterly Rock, heck, Tyrion said Cersei would know they would attack there.  But  Euron catching Yara's fleet by surprise?  Dunno.  I can argue that one either way.  

On the one hand, Euron's surprise attack just seemed way too convenient.  Yara is way too experienced to sail so close to shore that they could be seen by land scouts until they actually reached Dorne.  And looking at the map, it doesn't seem like that would have been hard for her to do. 

On the other hand, it is logical that Cersei (or Jaime) would guess that Tyrell and Dorne would side with Dany.  They damn sure weren't fighting for Cersei. And Cersei could have spies in Dorne that could have sent a Raven and that's how Euron intercepted Yara.

At any rate, if there is a traitor in Dany's camp, I would guess Varys.  No way would Tyrion betray Dany to CERSEI of all people.  I saw a video commentary that suggested Missandei is actually a facless man, which sounds like rubbish to me.

I'd love to hear other suggestions.

Euron found Yara because D & D needed this to happen to shift some power away from Dany.  There is no pausible explanation for this, with the exception of a traitor on Dany's team.  Unfortunately, there is no traitor.  The characters are all too blandly written now for something like this to happen.

I believe the traitor is Yara.   When she met with Dany you could tell she was upset about the 'no more raiding' part of the deal.  I think she contacted Euron and worked out a deal, so that she could continue her lifestyle.  We know Dany is suppose to be betrayed one more time, so it has to be someone, unless they are saving it for season 8.

4 minutes ago, leftside said:

I believe the traitor is Yara.   When she met with Dany you could tell she was upset about the 'no more raiding' part of the deal.  I think she contacted Euron and worked out a deal, so that she could continue her lifestyle.  We know Dany is suppose to be betrayed one more time, so it has to be someone, unless they are saving it for season 8.

Was there any prophecy about Dany being betrayed in the show?  I don't seem the recall this, but I may be wrong. 

20 minutes ago, Rubicante said:

Was there any prophecy about Dany being betrayed in the show?  I don't seem the recall this, but I may be wrong. 

I get the books and the show mixed up in my head, but I'm pretty sure that Danny was told she would be betrayed 3 times.

I want to say no so bad and be 100 convicted with my answer. But...

See Missandi has been bugging the hell out of me. And it was with the Davos each time she bugged me. 

Now I didn't know anything about the deleted scene between her and Dany about never betraying her until after the second scene with Davos and her. 

Like when he asked her where she was from and she goes Naath. He's like oh cool pretty butterflies and palm trees! She just gives him the shut up and stop talking to me halfass smirk and turns away. That really bothered me. He was just trying to break the ice and have a bit of conversation. She could have said something like "from what i can remember it was lovely. But I don't remeber much because I was stolen feom there when I was very young." She sure enough had no problem asking Jon his business about his name and his fathers. She knows of these Naath customs but she as stolen when she was 5? Which she stated a few seasons back to Greyworm. I'm not saying 5 year olds don't know anything. But...hmm maybe it's nothing

1 hour ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

See Missandi has been bugging the hell out of me. And it was with the Davos each time she bugged me.

Missandei is genuinely behind Dany, imo. She is very smart. How many languages does she master? It's no problem for her to learn/know the habits of several cultures. Davos knows people from places too, and taken away at such young age Missandei would easily have lost her accent. Maybe you are picking up Davos' suspicious mind. Why would she tell these men about herself until she got to know more about their motives?

1 hour ago, Deminelle said:

Missandei is genuinely behind Dany, imo. She is very smart. How many languages does she master? It's no problem for her to learn/know the habits of several cultures. Davos knows people from places too, and taken away at such young age Missandei would easily have lost her accent. Maybe you are picking up Davos' suspicious mind. Why would she tell these men about herself until she got to know more about their motives?

No not picking up his suspicious mind. I genuinely thought the interaction weird. Them knowing anything about her is of little to no consequence. He was being nice she was kinda rude.

13 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

No not picking up his suspicious mind. I genuinely thought the interaction weird. Them knowing anything about her is of little to no consequence. He was being nice she was kinda rude.

I don't think she was rude, just cautious. Tyrion was trying to teach Missandei and Greyworm tell jokes. She's not accustomed to Davos type of small talk. Davos does what he's good at, reads people. Missandei is doing her job as a presenter and interpreter, she hasn't really had a personal life or freedom to have one in the past. What does she really have to tell about herself?

I go back and forth on this.  It does seem like Cersei is getting some intel due to the precision of her plans/attacks. Plus there have been hints about a traitor and some suspicious conversations.

But D&D play with time and space so much this season.  The Euron Magic Fleet is able to slip past Dragonstone multiple times to be on different coasts of Westeros very quickly.  Not sure this would be possible even if they had an informer.  So I lean towards it being D&D just inventing some roadblocks for Dany.  

Archived