Someone to make Sansa happy in the end?...

weirwood woman

1 minute ago, Snormund said:

Dany can't have kids. 

That's isn't necessarily the case. She can't have kids until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, or so said Mirri Maz Duur. But prophecies can be tricky and in the books at least it's possible that condition has already been met. 

1 minute ago, Pecan said:

That's isn't necessarily the case. She can't have kids until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, or so said Mirri Maz Duur. But prophecies can be tricky and in the books at least it's possible that condition has already been met. 

Don't ruin the last hopes I have that this show doesn't end with the ultimate message being it's okay to marry your aunt. 

2 hours ago, Pecan said:

Gendry is outside possibility, mainly because he seems like the one that will end up as Lord of Storm's End when the war is over. I'm basing this more on the books than the show, as the showrunners seem to have mostly written him off. But in the books, he still pops up in the background as part of the BWB and I can't imagine that GRRM introduced him without something in mind.

Funnily enough I think he has a better shot of becoming Lord of the Stormlands in the show rather than the books, as the books still have Edric Storm who is a much better bastard to legitimize (noble-born on both sides, raised with a lord's education rather than a commoner like Gendry). But in the show Gendry seems to be the only Baratheon blood left at all. (Then again Edric could die off in the books as well).

If Gendry pops up as Lord of Storms End, theoretically he could be a political match for the Starks. But Gendry doesn't seem like someone who'd go along with an arranged marriage when he doesn't know the woman. And for audience satisfaction there are lots of more interesting Sansa matches with guys y'know, she's actually met before - Tyrion, the Hound etc. not her sister's previous love interest. 

If there's any Baratheon/Stark match it's going to be an awfully convenient "ok look Arya and Gendry, you need to marry your long lost love interest for the good of the realm!" (Which seems oddly optimistic for GoT, if that does happen they'll probably both get stabbed at the altar lets be honest).

Idk, we have no idea what's going to happen with Gendry, but I'd find it utterly bizarre if the writers went against all fan anticipation for Arya and Gendry reuniting and their friendship/romantic interest, and take more interesting matches for Sansa off the table to go with Sansa and Gendry. It would be like hooking Jon up with Brienne after the Brienne/Jaime/Tormund teasing, or Missandei with Tyrion after building her and Grey Worm's relationship. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 8:13 PM, Crona said:

I'm surprised nobody said the Hound, although I don't think it will happen

i would want someone to be with Sansa but I can't think of anyone 

They don't want to jinx it:D

I still hope that SanSan might happen in s8. They had a build up in the beginning. Though with a few episodes left it isn't much time to develop a romance. From the other side look at Dany and Jon! 15 min of screen time and voila! 
I won't be surprised (moreover, I hope for it), that sometime in s8, the Hound will show up in WF: "Hello, little bird"

On 8/27/2017 at 5:07 AM, Ashes Of Westeros said:

They don't want to jinx it:D

I still hope that SanSan might happen in s8. They had a build up in the beginning. Though with a few episodes left it isn't much time to develop a romance. From the other side look at Dany and Jon! 15 min of screen time and voila! 
I won't be surprised (moreover, I hope for it), that sometime in s8, the Hound will show up in WF: "Hello, little bird"

yeah, sansan would be cute to see. I can totally see the "hello, little bird!" sentence......

jonerys proves that any romance is possible in westeros for the rest of the characters. ((Well, let's not take that too literally.....)) romances that have build-up as friendships might happen. I'm confident.

I find this question interestingly timed because this season the only two characters whose personal happiness/state of contentment were directly referenced in the dialogue were Sansa and Sandor. 

For Sansa, LF asks her why she isn't happy and "What do you want that you don't have?" Interestingly, Sandor had been mentioned in that very same conversation (with a subtle blinky reaction from Sansa). 

For Sandor, it was Tormund telling him he has "sad eyes". 

I somehow don't feel like it was coincidence that this mirroring of dialogue around the concept of happiness was done for these two characters specifically.  Especially in a show that rarely pauses to ponder over whether a character is feeling happy with their situation or not.

In answer to the question, I think her reunion with Sandor in S8 will make her very happy (and hopefully give him not-so-sad eyes). :) 

On 9/16/2017 at 7:36 AM, PlayerUp.com said:

My prediction is she is killed off in Episode 2. Whitewalkers attack winterfell and they lose. Sansa is the Stark who dies. Also think Ghost will be another one who dies this episode along with possibly others. Arya/Bran/Jon retreat. 

Sansa dying could make a lot of sense since a.) no one expects her to die so would be shocking and b.) she is not one of the core 5. 

However, I can't see Winterfell actually falling. What is the point of House Stark if Winterfell falls and it can't defend the North? 

On 9/16/2017 at 10:23 PM, The Prince who was not pro said:

The only one who could make her happy is a guy named Sandor Clegane.

Yep.

LF told her about the Hound this season, and she had a reaction with her eyes, keeping that for herself so as that LF doesn't notice. In that same dialogue, LF asks her whether she is safe, she says she is, but he also asks her whteher she is happy, and she doesn't respond. So conveniently, in the same scene in which Sandor is mentioned.

And Sandor ·"hates" gingers!

Archived