The House of the Undying Ones

Lost Melnibonean

The grateful bloody handed slaves- -

The vision Dany fans most want to come true.  But also the most suspect because the Undying used it as a smokescreen to cover how they were grabbing at her themselves just then.   The energy stolen from Dany was the blood on their hands.   So maybe no future truth there at all. 

The smoking tower from which a stone beast lurched to life- -

Code for the citadel's coming involvment?  The sphinx.    Reference to a dragon falling to Alleras there?   Maybe Hightower releases the magic that's been held back and sets something big in motion.  Or Euron steals that secret of the sphinx for his own use.

Inclusion of Daario as the cool dead sailor- -

I believe the Undying would be deeply offended by this interpretation of their visions.   Prophecy should not stoop to the level of Daario.  Might as well show Daenerys a vision of Tyrion taking a piss.   Let's hold out for new dead characters to take the stage and sport blue eyes.  White Walkers, using boats to circumvent the Wall, or forcing Jon to do so, is more relevant , not to mention more palatable.

The cloth dragon that gets cheers- -

Aegon will be very popular with simple folk.   (The way I know is because I'm an Aegon fan.)    He'll steal all the thunder from Dany as the Doer, and she's like famous but it's a Britney Spears kind of fame.  They won't love and respect her like they will Aegon.  She's the weird cousin It, the fearful monster lady.  If the people were given a choice....

Crones bowing- -

I forgot we were shown the crones actually falling in line.    Not a fan-born concept!    

Three fires you must light: to life, death, love - -

Ideally?    LOVE would be the dragonbirthing pyre to her horselord hubby, DEATH would be immolating the slaver capital to ring in the death of slavery, and LIFE would be whatever fires are needed in the North to save humanity.  Weir fires.   A specific target in winter's heart.  Whatever.

Archived