Westeros Fantasy Football: Thunderdome 2017-18

Bronn Stone

24 minutes ago, Week said:

Where is BARTERTOWN in the SOUTH OF WESTEROS? You cretin.

To be fair, Bronn did say he was going to re-jigger the geographic divisions -- still. At least give me a Moletown Blasters (though I do find that name concerning -- granted, less so than the (RIP) Trader Apes).

Eh, I find the Westeros theme to be a bit tiring after awhile. This is Thunderdome after all, so it seems to draw more inspiration from Mad Max World.

31 minutes ago, JJ Lannister said:

Your both screwed cuz your in the same division as the Kingslayers. Just saying. 

28 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I ain't no king, so I'm not sweating it.

Hmm...good point.  After all, what's a lowly prince like me (I'm...like...27th in line for the throne) have to fear from Kingslayers?;)

2 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Sorry, double post.  But are the divisions set or did I read that Bronn was going to move teams around, etc.?

I'm not sure, to be honest. I know he said that he's putting me and Tywin in the same division as we are rivals. Not sure if that's been done yet or not.

44 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Eh, I find the Westeros theme to be a bit tiring after awhile. This is Thunderdome after all, so it seems to draw more inspiration from Mad Max World.

THEN FIND A NEW PLACE TO PEDDLE YOUR WEAK FANTASY SKILLS! THE FANS OF THUNDERDOME COME TO SEE WESTEROSI PLAYING THE GAME AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED -- NOT SOME UPSTARTS IN A LOT OF LEATHER AND CHROME (...that's reserved solely for the "fans" Tywin's Deviants).

God, some people think this is a democracy here. For SHAME! RESPECT THE MONARCHY!

...I'll hang up and listen. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Week said:

THEN FIND A NEW PLACE TO PEDDLE YOUR WEAK FANTASY SKILLS! THE FANS OF THUNDERDOME COME TO SEE WESTEROSI PLAYING THE GAME AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE PLAYED -- NOT SOME UPSTARTS IN A LOT OF LEATHER AND CHROME (...that's reserved solely for the "fans" Tywin's Deviants).

God, some people think this is a democracy here. For SHAME! RESPECT THE MONARCHY!

There has been too much violence. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your WR1, the QB, the TE, and the RB2, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the wastelands. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

[Head Coach Humungus peruses the waiver wire]

I await your answer. You have a full day to decide.

9 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I'm not sure, to be honest. I know he said that he's putting me and Tywin in the same division as we are rivals. Not sure if that's been done yet or not.

Hey, all I know is the original conception of...ASoIaF, I suppose...Thunderdome was to have the team names be associated with cities and then the divisions would be somewhat geographical.  So, for example, the North Division has always been Bear Island, The Eyrie, Winterfell, and Greywater.  It's fine if something else is done, though.:dunno:

4 minutes ago, Week said:

Gotta say, I'm already liking the trash talk that's beginning to take place here.  Sadly, we crannogmen aren't really much for trash talk.  We're more the type to sneak up behind ya and shiv ya right in the kidney (just ask ol' Artie Dayne;)).   

1 hour ago, Week said:

The pick or the liveware issue with your bubbler? :)

All of the above.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Your biggest mistake was being in the same division as me. ONCE AGAIN, YOU HAVE STUCK YOUR NOSE INTO BUSINESS THAT IS NOT YOUR OWN! YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE, PERVO! STAND DOWN OR FIND YOURSELF AT THE MERCY OF THE BARTERTOWN BLASTERS! 

Empty threats from an even emptier man. You're now this league’s Trump.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

All of the above.

WHO RUNS BARTERTOWN?

https://i.imgflip.com/1j4mv7.jpg

And as far as the Westeros theme goes, I think maybe I can be counted as an exception?

http://imgur.com/ZVWHffF

If the league insists, I'll change my name to a more appropriate venue.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Confession: I've never fully understood the name Manhole Eunuchsbane.

The Manhole is the Bane of Eunuchs in like a anatomical sense?

Your NAME is Manhole and you are the Bane of Eunuchs?

What do you have against Eunuchs? What do you have against Manholes? What do you have against Banes?

I demand answers because I am VERY CONFUSED (no change there).

1 minute ago, Week said:

Confession: I've never fully understood the name Manhole Eunuchsbane.

The Manhole is the Bane of Eunuchs in like a anatomical sense?

Your NAME is Manhole and you are the Bane of Eunuchs?

What do you have against Eunuchs? What do you have against Manholes? What do you have against Banes?

I demand answers because I am VERY CONFUSED (no change there).

It was a goofy name that I happened to use for an old D&D character. He was a Dwarven Barbarian/Cleric. He began life as Manhole the Violator, but was then re-nicknamed Eunuchsbane after almost single-handedly wiping out a cohort of Harem Guards, who were of course eunuchs. 

3 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

It was a goofy name that I happened to use for an old D&D character. He was a Dwarven Barbarian/Cleric. He began life as Manhole the Violator, but was then re-nicknamed Eunuchsbane after almost single-handedly wiping out a cohort of Harem Guards, who were of course eunuchs. 

Almost single-handedly? Was he trying to figure out how to fondle the guards while the rest of the party took care of business? TYPICAL MANHOLE.

That said -- D&D is a great source for old, bizarre, great names that last for far longer than they seem they ought to. Amarok - or Sir Amarok, if you will - was mine which was always a bit too on the nose for fantasy to be particularly entertaining.

Feast your heathen eyes on what glory looks like:

QB - Wilson, (Cutler, Watson)

RB - Murray, Fournette (Samage Perine, Jalen Richard)

WR - Benjamin, Lockett, Wallace (Lee, Taylor Gabriel, Torrey Smith)

TE - Henry

K - Vinatieri

D - Atlanta

28 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

WHO RUNS BARTERTOWN?

https://i.imgflip.com/1j4mv7.jpg

And as far as the Westeros theme goes, I think maybe I can be counted as an exception?

http://imgur.com/ZVWHffF

If the league insists, I'll change my name to a more appropriate venue.

I RUN IT. I RUN ALL THE TOWNS. SOME MIGHT ASK ,"WHY?" I'LL TELL YOU WHY. BECAUSE I HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLAYERS. THE BIGGEST PLAYERS. THE BEST. I KNOW IT. YOU KNOW IT. WEEK KNOWS IT. EVERYONE KNOWS IT. AND THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT DENY IT ARE FAKE FANTASY FOOTBALL PLAYERS. 

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I RUN IT. I RUN ALL THE TOWNS. SOME MIGHT ASK ,"WHY?" I'LL TELL YOU WHY. BECAUSE I HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLAYERS. THE BIGGEST PLAYERS. THE BEST. I KNOW IT. YOU KNOW IT. WEEK KNOWS IT. EVERYONE KNOWS IT. AND THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT DENY IT ARE FAKE FANTASY FOOTBALL PLAYERS. 

RUN 'EM.

FAKE FANTASY FOOTBALL PLAYERS = FUCK BOYS = MANHOLES -- IT'S A TRANSITIVE PROPERTY MOTHALOVA!

The draft genie likes the top half of the Highgarden Lancers draft better than I do...hopefully they are right, Will have to constantly tweak the back half if I hope to make the playoffs and I've finished 2nd the past two years in the South.  I'd like the think that with Lee moving on to a better division, I might have a glimmer of hope this year.

QB - D.Prescott (A.Luck)

RB - M.Gordon (T.Gurley, B.Powell, T.Rawls, W.Smallwood)

WR - K.Allen, G.Tate, C.Hogan (K.Wright, C.Conley, T.Williams)

TE - E.Engram

K - W.Lutz

DEF - NYG

I'm holding out hope that Luck will fully recover and I got a bargain.  A very young team overall....that could be good or bad.

2 minutes ago, Dunknegg said:

The draft genie likes the top half of the Highgarden Lancers draft better than I do...hopefully they are right, Will have to constantly tweak the back half if I hope to make the playoffs and I've finished 2nd the past two years in the South.  I'd like the think that with Lee moving on to a better division, I might have a glimmer of hope this year.

QB - D.Prescott (A.Luck)

RB - M.Gordon (T.Gurley, B.Powell, T.Rawls, W.Smallwood)

WR - K.Allen, G.Tate, C.Hogan (K.Wright, C.Conley, T.Williams)

TE - E.Engram

K - W.Lutz

DEF - NYG

I'm holding out hope that Luck will fully recover and I got a bargain.  A very young team overall....that could be good or bad.

Damn, that's not bad at all. Best team posted up here thus far. Two legit RB1s and 3 legit WRs. If Luck comes back strong you are going to be tough to chase.

Archived