Westeros Fantasy Football: Thunderdome 2017-18

Bronn Stone

My team:

QB: Brees (DeShone Kizer - plays the Jets in Week 5 in a game the networks are DYING to televise in prime time)

RB: L. Miller, M. Gillislee (D. Martin, J. Charles, A. Morris, J. Williams)

WR: Julio Jones, B. Marshall, K. White (A. Hurns, P. Dorsett)

TE: T. Eifert (no backup required, Eifert is a man of STEEL)

K: Blair Walsh

DT: Buffalo (facing the Jets Week #1 - plan to stream)

The schedule is 'final'.  I don't think I have any errors.  Rivalry week involved a few new pairings.  Could not pair the n00bs as rivals because they're in the same division.  One got me.  Lucky him. 

Crap.  Gotta redo the schedule.  I think I went off 2015 results.  Tonight.  Week 1 is correct though as is Week 13.  Everything else is wrong.  Will highlight here when done.

It's still wrong for weeks 4-12.  I'll take care of it Saturday.
Here's the algorithm if you are curious.

Thunderdome schedules shall be set according the following algorithm.

Teams shall be assigned a number equal to their finish within the division in the regular season the preceding year.

Each division will play six games against division managers and four against one division on a rotating basis. Teams will play two additional games – one against a team from the division they faced in the preceding year and one against a team from the division they play the following year. Matchups for the previous year will be based on same finish Matchups for the teams faced in the following year will be based on inverse finish (1v4, 2v3).

Each team shall be assigned one rival outside of his or her division. Rivalry games shall occur in week 13. The regular season will end with that game – as was done with many college rivalries for many years.  Rivalries may evolve over time at the discretion of the commissioner.

Week 1 – Division game – 1v2, 3v4
Week 2 – Division game – 1v3, 2v4
Week 3 – Division game - 1v4, 2v3
Week 4 – WildCard Game vs team from division played in the previous year - 1-1 2-2 etc
Week 5 – Rotating Division game 1-1, 2-2 etc
Week 6 – Rotating Division game 1-2, 2-3, etc
Week 7 – Rotating Division game 1-3, 2-4, etc
Week 8 – Rotating Division game 1-4, 2-1, etc
Week 9 – WildCard game vs team from division to be played the following year. 1-4, 2-3, etc
Week 10 – Repeat week 1 schedule
Week 11 – Repeat week 2 schedule
Week 12 – Repeat week 3 schedule
Week 13 – RIVALRY WEEK!

The rotations for the divisions were/will be:

2011 – NvE, WvS
2012 – NvW, SvE
2013 – NvS, WvE
2014 – NvE, WvS
2015 – NvW, SvE
2016 – NvS, WvE
2017 – NvE, WvS
2018 – NvW, SvE
2019 – NvS, WvE

Jaxom and I have a trade:

Kings Landing gets  Austin Hooper

Starfall gets Jared Goff

I was worried that I only had one QB and that someone else would get to Jaxom first, so I definitely overpaid, but 2 Targets does not make a stud TE.  I have Ebron who did nothing last week, but I remember Hooper had a couple good games last year but a lot more with only 1 or 2 catches.

I pushed through the approval.

For the record, in this league I'll approve trades I think are non-controversial right away.  Trades involving me will wait as will those that I think might generate objections.  The only potential objection I could think of is that Jared Goff's mom thinks her son is a very good boy and worth more than Austin Hooper.  Sadly, Hooper's mom thinks her son is a bit of a prat and feels the same as Mrs. Goff.  But that wasn't enough to block the trade.

The schedule is finalized.

The Commish is not pleased.

Bartertown needs a Westeros name.   This is Westeros Thunderdome, not film Thunderdome.  The Commish promises to not use the Commissioners tools to mock Bartertown.  Yet.  But that day is coming.

18 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

The schedule is finalized.

The Commish is not pleased.

Bartertown needs a Westeros name.   This is Westeros Thunderdome, not film Thunderdome.  The Commish promises to not use the Commissioners tools to mock Bartertown.  Yet.  But that day is coming.

Alright, fair enough. I'll try to cook up something that is division specific ASAP.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Alright, fair enough. I'll try to cook up something that is division specific ASAP.

I dub ye the Mole's Town Mistresses. Missionaries and Baby Mamas are also acceptable. This is not a matter that's up for debate.

Archived