Is Jon a real dragon?

Mohenjo Daro

A dragon cannot be burned yes... A real dragon..

Targaryens can be burned.. Many in history died by fire.. Dany is the only one who can't be burned just because D&D decided that. In the books she walked into the fire and gave birth to dragons..yes.. But she is not fireproof... No one is fireproof..only show Daenerys and real dragons..

In the book and show, Dany has some resistance to being burned.  She hasn't been shown to be fireproof in either medium.  It seems more like she has a power she can summon by unknown means at particular times to be resistant to fire. It's not like she touches fire routinely.

An alternative interpretation is that she actually did burn and die in the fire when her dragons were born, and she is now a fire wight.  Not much evidence for that.  But it would be interesting if she and Jon shared that characteristic. 

1 minute ago, Forlong the Fat said:

In the book and show, Dany has some resistance to being burned.  She hasn't been shown to be fireproof in either medium.  It seems more like she has a power she can summon by unknown means at particular times to be resistant to fire. It's not like she touches fire routinely.

An alternative interpretation is that she actually did burn and die in the fire when her dragons were born, and she is now a fire wight.  Not much evidence for that.  But it would be interesting if she and Jon shared that characteristic. 

Sitting in a funeral pile until it has been burnt to ashes is pretty fireproof.  So is walking out of a full inferno in Vaes Dothrak.

Show Daenerys IS fireproof. Period.

They can make ressurected Jon as fireproof. Its convenient now. Since he was ressurected by the lord of light (fire)

But again, that Can never prove Jon as a Targeryan was fireproof since he was burnt.Only undead Jon can be.

Also in such an inconsistent show they might just present Jon as always a fireproof Targeryan

1 hour ago, Illiterati said:

Sitting in a funeral pile until it has been burnt to ashes is pretty fireproof.  So is walking out of a full inferno in Vaes Dothrak.

In the books: funeral pyre was blood magic of Mirri Maz Duur - that's why Dany didn't burn (except for her hair) and dragons were born. Every other time she was affected by fire - she burnt. Although, like her great-grandfather she is highly resistant to high temperatures - sun, hot bath.
In the show: Dany is totally 100% absolutely fireproof, even her hair and brows are resistant.

1 minute ago, Gala said:

In the books: funeral pyre was blood magic of Mirri Maz Duur - that's why Dany didn't burn and dragons were born. Every other time she was affected by fire - she burnt. Also, like her great-grandfather she is highly resistant to high temperatures - sun, hot bath.

"She hasn't been shown to be fireproof in either medium."

I'm not arguing the book viewpoint.  I'm refuting this statement here on the basis of her being shown made of asbestos in show.

4 minutes ago, Illiterati said:
6 minutes ago, Gala said:

In the books: funeral pyre was blood magic of Mirri Maz Duur - that's why Dany didn't burn and dragons were born. Every other time she was affected by fire - she burnt. Also, like her great-grandfather she is highly resistant to high temperatures - sun, hot bath.

I'm not arguing the book viewpoint.  I'm refuting this statement here on the basis of her being shown made of asbestos in show.

I accidentally posted before I completed my post, so probably you answered before I finished editing.
I was trying to say that the books and the show are absolutely different regarding this particular matter.

58 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

There has been no suggestion on the show she can just walk into fire any time she likes.  She has had two exceptional circumstances in which she did not burn.  In the books she has had one exceptional circumstance in which she did not burn.

Furthermore, if "blood magic"--the fact that she burned Mirri Maz Dur in the same fire as herself--explains why she did not burn at the birth of her dragons, it could equally explain why she did not burn in Vaes Dothrak--she burned several Kahls in that fire.  It's not as if, in either case, she was taught or knew a spell to work "blood magic."  S

1 hour ago, robasp2 said:

Show Daenerys IS fireproof. Period.

They can make ressurected Jon as fireproof. Its convenient now. Since he was ressurected by the lord of light (fire)

But again, that Can never prove Jon as a Targeryan was fireproof since he was burnt.Only undead Jon can be.

Also in such an inconsistent show they might just present Jon as always a fireproof Targeryan

Beric was resurrected to is he fireproof.. 

26 minutes ago, Forlong the Fat said:

There has been no suggestion on the show she can just walk into fire any time she likes.  She has had two exceptional circumstances in which she did not burn.  In the books she has had one exceptional circumstance in which she did not burn.

Furthermore, if "blood magic"--the fact that she burned Mirri Maz Dur in the same fire as herself--explains why she did not burn at the birth of her dragons, it could equally explain why she did not burn in Vaes Dothrak--she burned several Kahls in that fire.  It's not as if, in either case, she was taught or knew a spell to work "blood magic."  S

I think that Daenerys will not be burned in the three fires she was meant to light.

In the house of the Undying they told her "Three fires you must light.. one for life, one for death, one to love" i think in this three fires she won't be burned. The fire for life was the birth of her Dragons, the fire for death was the death of the khals, and there is also the fire to love that hasn't happened yet. Maybe in the show she is not always fireproof too..

2 minutes ago, Styl7 said:

I think that Daenerys will not be burned in the three fires she was meant to light.

In the house of the Undying they told her "Three fires you must light.. one for life, one for death, one to love" i think in this three fires she won't be burned. The fire for life was the birth of her Dragons, the fire for death was the death of the khals, and there is also the fire to love that hasn't happened yet. Maybe in the show she is not always fireproof too..

Maybe she burns Jorah's corpse to save him from wightdom.

17 hours ago, Styl7 said:

Is Beric a ressurected Targeryan ?

23 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

Is Beric a ressurected Targeryan ?

No? But what exactly is your point?

You think now because Jon is a reassure red Targaryen is fireproof? Maybe.. But that's only the show..that's why I don't argue..

I'd like to clear out this Targaryen-fireproof conundrum with a SSM dialogue :

"

Granny: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?

George RR Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

Revanshe: So she won't be able to do it again?

George RR Martin: Probably not.

"

I realize Show Dany probably actually is fireproof

For whatever (probably dumb) reason, show-Dany *is* fireproof. Targaryens as a whole has not been said to be fireproof, not even on the show. Dany concludes Viserys wasn't a "true dragon" for this reason, though he exhibited many classically Targaryen traits: Arrogance, belief in his own manifest destiny, cruelty to those he deemed beneath him etc.

So Dany might conceivably think "true Targaryen == fireproof", but she'd be wrong.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say... no.

Dany is because she's pure Targaryen. 

(Show AND Book Dany survived Drogo's funeral pyre while hatching baby dragons. One has hair afterwards. I'd say that's pretty fireproof.)

Jon is half Dragon, half Wolf. He is NOT fireproof. Which is why he has a scarred hand from saving Lord Commander Mormont from the wight.

Archived