Do the lord of light and 3 eyed raven oppose each other?

summitxho

We know that the 3 eyed raven can see into the future, and can influence the past as seen with Hodor. It seems to be suggesting to me in the show that 3 eyed raven will look into the future and set events in motion in the present to bring about the desired outcome.

To my knowledge we do not know about the lord of lights ability to see into the future, but we can assume so based on the fact that the lord of lights involvement with Stannis seems to only serve the purpose to crown Jon Snow King of the North, as well as showing visions in the flames which came to fruition, otherwise that entire story line ends up pointless as to why the lord of light would have assisted Stannis to begin with

My question is why have 2 entities which can see into the future on the same side? Would it not be counteractive having 2 entities messing with the past to change the future? My only thought is perhaps there is 3 parties involved in the end war, not just 2, or perhaps the night king is supposed to be aligned with either the lord of light or the 3 eyed raven, the later being my guess if it comes to that, especially with his new "cold" attitude towards humanity. Only other thought is the 3 eyed raven and lord of light are one in the same.

Any other thoughts?

Archived