What Are Your Choices for the Most Despicable and Unlikable Characters in all of Literature ?

GAROVORKIN

My distaste of Rhaegar is basically born from the fact he's a guy who the narrative seems to present as this flower of chivalry but who kept screwing up in horrible ways if the presumed narrative about him is correct.

* If he knew about the White Walkers, he never told anyone.
* He said he'd do something about Aerys only after his father had ruined the realm.
* He never made any attempt to reveal Lyanna was there of her own free will.
* He did dishonor his wife and their children in a manner that even if it was a legitimate polyamorous marriage with her approval, no one knew about it.
And yet we're still supposed to be genuinely happy about the guy and Lyannna.

He doesn't inspire the kind of HATE which I felt toward the Freys but there's just such an annoyance about him as if the books feel I should still be happy he was so cool.

9 hours ago, C.T. Phipps said:

My distaste of Rhaegar is basically born from the fact he's a guy who the narrative seems to present as this flower of chivalry but who kept screwing up in horrible ways if the presumed narrative about him is correct.

* If he knew about the White Walkers, he never told anyone.
* He said he'd do something about Aerys only after his father had ruined the realm.
* He never made any attempt to reveal Lyanna was there of her own free will.
* He did dishonor his wife and their children in a manner that even if it was a legitimate polyamorous marriage with her approval, no one knew about it.
And yet we're still supposed to be genuinely happy about the guy and Lyannna.

He doesn't inspire the kind of HATE which I felt toward the Freys but there's just such an annoyance about him as if the books feel I should still be happy he was so cool.

Not to mention that he left his father to deal with the resulting mess. That would have been awkward to deal with even if Aerys had been sane.

The chairmaker from use of weapons 

Ramsay Bolton

Gender Palliako

I hated all three of these characters equally; which is to say totally.  It's a hate that I enjoy.

On 12/08/2017 at 1:00 AM, r'hllor's red lobster said:

that's a strange way to spell holden caulfield

Hee hee 

In Moby Dick,  Captain Ahab . In the beginning you feel bad for him and the fact that he lost his leg to Moby Dick  . But as his self destructive obsession of hunting down Moby Dick grow, you  start to lose sympathy for him, especially when it results  in the destruction of his crew( with the exception of Ismael )  and his ship  the Pequod.

21 hours ago, GAROVORKIN said:

In Moby Dick,  Captain Ahab . In the beginning you feel bad for him and the fact that he lost his leg to Moby Dick  . But as his self destructive obsession of hunting down Moby Dick grow, you  start to lose sympathy for him, especially when it results  in the destruction of his crew( with the exception of Ismael )  and his ship  the Pequod.

Whoa whoa who spoiler tag that shit!

Archived