NFL 2017 Preaseason: Zeke the Freak to Sit 6 Weeks

Manhole Eunuchsbane

2 minutes ago, briantw said:

I just don't really understand how the Osweiler trade was bad for them.  They knew what they were getting.  They were buying a pick.  That was the obvious point of the trade.  They even acknowledged that in the press conference where they mentioned how happy they were to be trading for the pick before they brought up Brock.

Yeah that's actually not even up for debate. It was clear what they were doing from the start. At the press conference to announce the trade they only mentioned the pick.

33 minutes ago, briantw said:

I just don't really understand how the Osweiler trade was bad for them.  They knew what they were getting.  They were buying a pick.  That was the obvious point of the trade.  They even acknowledged that in the press conference where they mentioned how happy they were to be trading for the pick before they brought up Brock.

No, really, I meant to clarify, I don't even think you're wrong. It's that you bother. It's uplifting.

3 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Yeah that's actually not even up for debate. It was clear what they were doing from the start. At the press conference to announce the trade they only mentioned the pick.

I think they also handled Osweiler smartly.  They gave him a shot and let him prove that he sucked so people weren't clamoring for him to get that shot all year.  This also let Kizer win the QB battle, which means they can evaluate him this year to see if they think he can become a franchise QB prior to next year's draft when they'll have a ton of ammo to move around if needed.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

At this point, as scary as it sounds, I think it's pretty clear the Browns will be good in a few years. At the very least they're going to be competent.

I've been saying that for a while. I'm pretty much always down for Full rebuilds and organizations that sustain the will. There are so many easy reasons to bail on The Process, it's a pleasure to watch it not happen. Even if it doesn't work, the triumph of longsighted reason over quickfix $olutions get my vote.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

So the Colts finally activated Luck off of the PUP list. 

Doesn't mean anything. Irsay just wants fans to still show up in the hope that he plays. He doesn't want a repeat of 2011 when the stadium was empty.

Archived