US Politics: Locked, Loaded, Fired Up and Capitalized

Kalbear

21 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Looks like they slapped the Magic Bracelets on Richard Spencer...

/A drop of good news in a sea of shit I spose.

Glad to see Spencer arrested 

5 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Of course you do - because you believe that the police will correctly protect society and should be seen as unbiased. You also believe that Robert E. Lee was a hero and that his statue shouldn't be torn down. 

And when it is demonstrated that this isn't the case, you wring your hands and say that it's really bad that's not the case, but what else can you do?

Well, when the rule of law protects one side but not the other and is unfairly used and does not represent justice, the obvious next step is to reject the absolute rule of law for the sake of justice. If police will not defend people from white supremacist terrorists, there is little choice but to take matters into your own hands. If you don't want that to happen, start being a lot harder on the police and the government that is not doing enough to protect our citizens from white supremacist terrorism. 

Note that all of TWO DAYS AGO Sebastian Gorka went on national TV and said people shouldn't focus so much on white supremacy as an issue. The DHS recently chose to cut money to rehabilitate white supremacists, and delisted white supremacist organizations as terror organizations. The difference between the radical ideology of one group like ISIS and these guys is that white supremacists have been singled out as explicitly not a terrorist organization and are being supported by our government implicitly.

When it is the government that is supporting radical ideology, do you think mocking is the right course of action?

I think removing the Lee statue is a call for that community.  I think that people who engage in violence should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  

I think that if we abandon rule of law and allow everyone to take violence into their own hands we will end up with the libertarian hell hole you've been warning against for years.

3 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Donny immediately condemning "many sides", of course the piece of garbage won't risk offending his base which falls on one side in particular.

Yeah what a disaster of a speech. A nothingburger if I ever saw one. 

Just now, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I think removing the Lee statue is a call for that community.  I think that people who engage in violence should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  

I think that if we abandon rule of law and allow everyone to take violence into their own hands we will end up with the libertarian hell hole you've been warning against for years.

That may be, but the libertarian hell hole looks better than a fascist state that allows violence from one group but not another. The correct solution is to ensure that this doesn't happen, declare this an actual terrorist organization, fight it strongly, and use more than stern words in opposing it. Consider it a source of radicalization and treat it as we do all other sources of radicalization. 

As an example of the one-sidedness of it, one of the unite the right guys pulled a gun on a person at Walmart. Police got him and let him go without any other issue. 

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/896118267651080192

26 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Glad to see Spencer arrested 

I agree with you, but to point out the one digression; no one here is saying let 'everyone' be violent, but rather some are either pretending that you can allow it selectively, somehow, or are too (understandably) angry to think it through. 

1 minute ago, James Arryn said:

I agree with you, but to point out the one digression; no one here is saying let 'everyone' be violent, but rather some are either pretending that you can allow it selectively, somehow, or too (understandably) angry to think it through. 

I am saying that it's better to let everyone be violent than to let one side be violent while telling the other side that they need to be peaceful and use words. 

If the police and the law will not defend the citizens, the citizens have a right to defend themselves. Point of fact, this right has been legally encoded into the constitution and defended again and again. 

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I think that's the fair view of this. This shit has been getting ratcheted up since the Berkeley Riots. Two armed gangs looking to crack heads. Tribal bullshit at its' finest.

I'll put this as delicately as I possibly can: this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on this site, and I fought with Os about the hilliness of the Ottoman empire. 

One side did not run other people over with a car.

One side did not shoot or mace or beat the other side with clubs. 

One side did not deliberately cause the death of someone via automobile.

The notion that this is 'many sides' here is the most mockable, sad thing ever. It is not a surprise that it came out of Trump's mouth; it is incredibly disappointing that you support this view.

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

I am saying that it's better to let everyone be violent than to let one side be violent while telling the other side that they need to be peaceful and use words. 

If the police and the law will not defend the citizens, the citizens have a right to defend themselves. Point of fact, this right has been legally encoded into the constitution and defended again and again. 

Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!

Humungous.jpg

Here's a picture of 'many sides' of people. I mean, think about all the damage that guy flying through the air did to that car? Did he even think to, say, not be quite so dense and damage that fender? 

Many sides are hurt here.

https://twitter.com/JeffLieber/status/896454120768282624

2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I'll put this as delicately as I possibly can: this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on this site, and I fought with Os about the hilliness of the Ottoman empire. 

One side did not run other people over with a car.

One side did not shoot or mace or beat the other side with clubs

One side did not deliberately cause the death of someone via automobile.

The notion that this is 'many sides' here is the most mockable, sad thing ever. It is not a surprise that it came out of Trump's mouth; it is incredibly disappointing that you support this view.

Near as I can tell, both sides engaged in that. The car incident was singular, granted. 

11 minutes ago, Ghjhero said:

Yeah what a disaster of a speech. A nothingburger if I ever saw one. 

Oh come now, he's on vacation!  He had to take off his golf shoes and shower and shave and read this speech that someone else wrote and damnit! he's on vacation!     /s

Poor baby, he's the king and all yet still he has to do this shit.  Does his idol Pootie have to do this?  No he does not, so why does poor Little Donnie Two Scoops have too?

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Near as I can tell, both sides engaged in that. The car incident was singular, granted. 

From police reports this isn't remotely the case at all. Same with news. There's been no sign of actual violence from the counterprotestors until they were physically attacked. 

The wounded knee thing was meant to be absurdly sarcastic and bitter; you know that, right? You do know what happened at Wounded Knee?

5 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I agree that if police will not act the individual under direct immediate threat have the right to defend themselves.  What I don't want to see is a nationwide version of "the Purge" without time limits.

One side used a car to ram a crowd and kill people. Now is time for the rule of law to come and stomp the shit out of that side.  Now it not the time for the peaceful side to resort to using cars as rams. 

16 minutes ago, Mexal said:

I fucking hate this man.

Really, I didn't think it was possible to feel actual hatred for people you don't know in rl. And the only rl I've ever hated was my mom's abusive fucktard boyfriend when I was a kid. But, yeah...I'm getting there. I mean, wait...I thought Karl Rove was the embodyment of cynical idealgically charged evil. Does that count?

2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I agree that if police will not act the individual under direct immediate threat have the right to defend themselves.  What I don't want to see is a nationwide version of "the Purge" without time limits.

Unless they're not polite enough. That would be really bad.

1 minute ago, maarsen said:

One side used a car to ram a crowd and kill people. Now is time for the rule of law to come and stomp the shit out of that side.  Now it not the time for the peaceful side to resort to using cars as rams. 

And if the rule of law does not? If it's told, explicitly, by the POTUS that it shouldn't? 

5 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

Oh come now, he's on vacation!  He had to take off his golf shoes and shower and shave and read this speech that someone else wrote and damnit! he's on vacation!     /s

Poor baby, he's the king and all yet still he has to do this shit.  Does his idol Pootie have to do this?  No he does not, so why does poor Little Donnie Two Scoops have too?

Hey now, it's a WORKING vacation! We must take care not to offend his efforts. 

Every speech he gives makes me cringe. I do not understand how the office can bear someone so inarticulate. 

Archived