Is Egg alive? Summerhall murder mystery.

TwiceBorn

Seriously ppl. GRRM clarified that Targs are not immune to fire. But I think Targs have a higher heat tolerance, like Starks have a higher tolerance for cold. Catelyn notices this about Ned during he 1st GOT chapter in her POV. It could be an adaptation thing. Starks have lived in Winterfell for centuries as Targs lived in Valyria and then Dragonstone near dragons. It's only natural that they have a tolerance for high levels of heat/cold than regular people not exposed to that climate. Also, it's about the magic of ice/fire thing. It's possible that Starks have ice magic/white walker blood in them (the Night's King thing). And Targs probably inherited whatever special that was in Valyria that allowed the Valyrians to tame dragons. 

And I think Summerhall thing is connected to the Doom of Valyria. What I remember about the even from AWOIAF is that the fires burned really hot in summerhall, like unnaturally hot. The same happens during the time of the doom. There's very likely a magical connection there. 

Just now, Ghost+Nymeria4Eva said:

Seriously ppl. GRRM clarified that Targs are not immune to fire. But I think Targs have a higher heat tolerance, like Starks have a higher tolerance for cold. Catelyn notices this about Ned during he 1st GOT chapter in her POV. It could be an adaptation thing. Starks have lived in Winterfell for centuries as Targs lived in Valyria and then Dragonstone near dragons. It's only natural that they have a tolerance for high levels of heat/cold than regular people not exposed to that climate. Also, it's about the magic of ice/fire thing. It's possible that Starks have ice magic/white walker blood in them (the Night's King thing). And Targs probably inherited whatever special that was in Valyria that allowed the Valyrians to tame dragons. 

And I think Summerhall thing is connected to the Doom of Valyria. What I remember about the even from AWOIAF is that the fires burned really hot in summerhall, like unnaturally hot. The same happens during the time of the doom. There's very likely a magical connection there. 

What "Night's King thing" are you referring to? 

Just now, Hiigara129 said:

Assuming it is a murder and not what everyone believes it is: a disaster brought on by another Targaryen attempt to revive the Dragons. Either way if he survived he still completely abandoned his family and his nation out of fear. That would make him an even worse King than I thought.

Another Targ or even Egg himself... After all, we have maester Aemon and Jon taking about Stannis and burning children, and Aemon says that "better men than Stannis have done worse things". It is possible he was referring to Egg.

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

What "Night's King thing" are you referring to? 

It was this fan theory I saw in a video. So don't confuse the book Night's King with the Night King in the show. In the book, Night's King is a human lord commander at the wall a very long time ago who one day takes on a bride as pale as a corpse. So people were theorizing that this corpse bride is probably a white walker. It's possible that people and children of the forest a long time ago probably cooperated with the white walkers. In the show, they are clearly evil and bring forth apocalypse. Some fans think that the case may not be so. In AWOIAF, there's mentions of a third species on Westeros. This mystery species is obviously white walkers. The theory goes that white walkers cooperated with humans and children to build the wall. Some type of peace pact was made, possibly at Moat Caitlin, the oldest castle on the wall. Also, it's possible that there's blood mixing between the two people. People have pointed out that the Others "take" people. "May the Others take you" never kill you. And it's always the men they take. Male children, and male watchers who suddenly find beautiful brides who are very pale. So, it's possible that the Starks descend from this Night's King and they may have traces of white walker blood. Hence their tolerance for the cold and all. I thought it was a really interesting theory. 

Just now, Ghost+Nymeria4Eva said:

It was this fan theory I saw in a video. So don't confuse the book Night's King with the Night King in the show. In the book, Night's King is a human lord commander at the wall a very long time ago who one day takes on a bride as pale as a corpse. So people were theorizing that this corpse bride is probably a white walker. It's possible that people and children of the forest a long time ago probably cooperated with the white walkers. In the show, they are clearly evil and bring forth apocalypse. Some fans think that the case may not be so. In AWOIAF, there's mentions of a third species on Westeros. This mystery species is obviously white walkers. The theory goes that white walkers cooperated with humans and children to build the wall. Some type of peace pact was made, possibly at Moat Caitlin, the oldest castle on the wall. Also, it's possible that there's blood mixing between the two people. People have pointed out that the Others "take" people. "May the Others take you" never kill you. And it's always the men they take. Male children, and male watchers who suddenly find beautiful brides who are very pale. So, it's possible that the Starks descend from this Night's King and they may have traces of white walker blood. Hence their tolerance for the cold and all. I thought it was a really interesting theory. 

I would never in a million years confuse book info with fanfiction show stuff...

Btw, show stuff shouldn't be posted here, not even in spoiler tags, just so you know. Moat Cailin is in the Neck, not the Wall. The oldest castle at the Wall is the Nightfort. 

As to the WWs always taking males... we don't actually know what is going on w/ Craster's sons and the WWs; I'm waiting until we have more actual reliable book info before I jump on that bandwagon. As to the black brothers, they're all male because the NW has no females, so it doesn't really prove anything. 

49 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I would never in a million years confuse book info with fanfiction show stuff...

Btw, show stuff shouldn't be posted here, not even in spoiler tags, just so you know. Moat Cailin is in the Neck, not the Wall. The oldest castle at the Wall is the Nightfort. 

As to the WWs always taking males... we don't actually know what is going on w/ Craster's sons and the WWs; I'm waiting until we have more actual reliable book info before I jump on that bandwagon. As to the black brothers, they're all male because the NW has no females, so it doesn't really prove anything. 

yes, nightfort *facepalm* 

as i said, it's just an interesting theory.

I'm not sure what the night watchmen being all male have to do with it. There are wildling women there too. And there's Mole's town with women. The point is, the book hints at white walker females (probably) taking off with human males. That indicates relations between the two species other than inherent enmity (like lions and zebras or something). Perhaps the peace pact or whatever agreement the people had with WW has been lost in history. The "song" of ice and fire, it's made together, probably. The theory ends with saying that may be the end of the book is not about going to war, but something much tougher, coexistence. 

The books don't really give much about WW. We still only know very little other than their appearance, superior warring power, and dragonglass weakness. They are a total mystery 5 books on. But interesting stuff appears in the legends. 

On 30.08.2017 at 11:45 AM, Modesty Lannister said:

Although I personally believe that both Egg and Dunk survived the tragedy of Summerhall and I also believe Varys could be a descendent of a Targaryen, the timeline is merciless. Aegon V (Egg) was born in 200AC. If Varys = Egg that would mean Varys was 82 during Robert's Rebellion. That is just not the case. However, he can be a descendent of a Targaryen of that generation.

Just how old Mel is? How old Bloodraven is?

He can be using magic to prolong his life and hide his true age.

On 28/08/2017 at 11:53 PM, Hiigara129 said:

OK to me the think the idea of Aegon V's survival is completely ridiculous. If he survived then he remains the King. Period. As far as we know there's no reason to think he would go into hiding and treat it as a de-facto abdication. It would also, as stated by others, cheapen the tragedy at Summherhall. Now the idea that it was a murder is quite interesting, though personally I discount the Maester's conspiracy idea. It have been Lords opposed to his reforms (which seems to be most of the Realm) or it could be closer to home, like an assassination attempt by a Targaryen Prince.

Also, I haven't read the Dunk and Egg books but can't seem to find anywhere online that cites Aegon V having any kind of fire resistance. Was he able to stand hotter baths or hold his hand over flames? I think it's likely that some Targaryens have higher heat resistance than normal people but t the only one that's survived walking into fire is Dany. Until and unless something else its revealed, Dany's survival s utterly unique and should be considered a one-off, unrepeatable action, like GRRM has implied.

When Jon has one of those convos that go nowhere w/ Marsh and Yarwick he says LC Mormont left a cautionary list of the worst the Watch has. Iirc, he mentions two: the guy who raped septas and carved stars on his body for each he had raped, and the guy who locked his whole family inside his father's house and set it on fire killing everyone inside. :eek:

Does anyone know anything about Betha Blackwood?  I don't remember anything from the text, haven't read Dunk and Egg, and there's nothing about her on the wiki.

Anyway, in lieu of real evidence I'm going to default to blaming evil scheming wife.  Bloodraven was a Blackwood and they have ties to the Old Gods.  I'm going to go with Egg and Betha having a Stannis/Mel type relationship.

Archived