So who will be the final villain? The Night King or Cersei?

Kaguya

First let me tell you that I DO NOT see Dany was a villain and more as a tragic character that wants to do whats good and also brings a lot of destruction wherever she goes. Dany still have one fire to burn according to the prophecy and now I believe that she will burn down Kings Landing.

What if Dany burns down Kings Landing when the army of the dead is there? we saw it that during season 7 she wanted to use the dragons but was stopped by Tyrion and Jon, what happens when she gets tired of their advices? I can see her trying to save the city with her dragons. Remember KL has tons of wildfire in the underneath of the city, if Dragon fire hit the place then it can all got up flames.

Maybe thats the only way to destroy the army of the dead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 0:28 AM, prettylongclaw said:

First let me tell you that I DO NOT see Dany was a villain and more as a tragic character that wants to do whats good and also brings a lot of destruction wherever she goes. Dany still have one fire to burn according to the prophecy and now I believe that she will burn down Kings Landing.

What if Dany burns down Kings Landing when the army of the dead is there? we saw it that during season 7 she wanted to use the dragons but was stopped by Tyrion and Jon, what happens when she gets tired of their advices? I can see her trying to save the city with her dragons. Remember KL has tons of wildfire in the underneath of the city, if Dragon fire hit the place then it can all got up flames.

Dany is a character with both heroic and villainous traits. There's really no getting around that fact, and there's even a scene where Tyrion and Varys are openly worried about what Dany might become. Really she seems to personify that saying that you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Jon seems to have brought her in line with seeing the Night King as the primary threat though.

I do think Cersei will outlast the Night King simply as she's become a secondary threat. Shei seems like he wants to wait to see how Dany and Jon fare against the army of the dead, perhaps hoping they'll expend their supernatural strength against the dead and win. This might be a bit silly, but I almost want to see her go down by her opening her gates for a Lannister army led by Jaime as the jaws of the Stark and Targaryen forces close around King's Landing. Jaime ending Cersei's threat with a betrayal similar to his own against Aerys.

More I think about it the more I think Cersei goes down last. 

The real villain of the story are not the white walkers. It is humanity and our propensity for warfare. The White Walkers are just the blowback. 

Why were the WW created? Because humans invaded the land of the COTF and they needed to defend themselves. 

Why is the AOTD so big? Because the crow vs wildlings fought and the wildlings did not get over the wall and were butchered. 

How did the WW get past the wall? A chain of events caused by human’s vying for power and fighting each other lead to a dragon being killed north of the wall. 

Feels like Cersei going down last would fit thematically.

Unless episode 6 is strictly for showing what comes after the wars and how the story pans out for everyone, I see no reason why not both Cersei and the Night King should survive until the end and maybe both be defeated in the same episode. I'm guessing King's Landing will be the setting for the final battle, and it could very well become a clash of three parties. It's hard to say with only 6 episodes left because if either one of them gets killed off early it's probably gonna be about halfway through, if not earlier, which only amounts to like 3 episodes tops, which, again, doesn't seem like nearly enough to wrap up either of these two villains' arcs. But then again, I loved season 7, and I'm pretty certain I won't be disappointed by season 8 either. 

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:28 AM, prettylongclaw said:

Dany in the Show is cold, proud and ruthless, and has the makings of a tyrant, but Cersei is worse, and the Night King a much greater threat to humanity.

14 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Given the showrunner love for Lena H. and the Lannister family, I suspect Cersei will be defeated after the NK and the WW are defeated. Probably in Ep. 5, maybe even 6. 

If I had to bet i would say 6. 

Would be genuinely shocked if Lena Heady is not in the final episode of Game of Thrones.

Archived