[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

't was an episode that made go, "it looks pretty", and that's the most positive I can overall be?

So, Gendry hid successfully for 4 years in KL, having his own armorer shop, and nobody said, hmmm "you remind me of..." Knights and lords come around to Steel Street to buy their armor and swords, all the time. You know like Tarly, Tyrells, Jaime, Kevan, etc. They know what young Robert looked like FFS. They should have gone with the book plot - Gendry chooses the BwB and remains with them. 't was nice to see him, but the writing of it is appallingly lazy.

Jaime "floating" ashore with armor on, after that drop scene of last episode. The dragon CGI is more consistently and realistically done than basic physics. No - we don't make the Stark children wargs with their wolves, cause it's too much magic, but we have magically sinking but also floating Jaime. :bang:

The whole LF plot is boring. Prom Queen games. It's just stupid and destroys characterization of pretty much every character involved: Sansa, Arya and Littlefinger, Royce (who threatened LF last season). Glover was always shifty in the show. Too bad though. I like the Glovers in the books.

And I don't give a shit about Cersei or her pregnancies nor her lap dog Larry.

The whole extending-lives-of-Cersei-and-Littlefinger-plot is just annoying, as annoying as last season's Ramsay.  

29 minutes ago, Holly Macaroni said:

Jaime swam, like, a mile? underwater?

Yeah...he actually did! Larry the lapdog first fell into a puddle and ended up drowning in the Mariana Trench and now he swam/dived all the way to the end of that puddle. He has gained magnificent skills ever since he lost that right hand! No surprise the queen randomly rewards him with blowjobs and cuddling afterwards.

How could I forget?

perhaps the silliest thing is the idea of having to risk lives just to "prove" to Daenerys that there is a threat. Seems like a potentially huge waste of time and lives and completely unnecessary. If we're supposed to believe Dany suddenly loves and trusts Jon she could at least fucking listen to him. 

2 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

't was an episode that made go, "it looks pretty", and that's the most positive I can overall be?

So, Gendry hid successfully for 4 years in KL, having his own armorer shop, and nobody said, hmmm "you remind me of..." Knights and lords come around to Steel Street to buy their armor and swords, all the time. You know like Tarly, Tyrells, Jaime, Kevan, etc. They know what young Robert looked like FFS. They should have gone with the book plot - Gendry chooses the BwB and remains with them. 't was nice to see him, but the writing of it is appallingly lazy.

Jaime "floating" ashore with armor on, after that drop scene of last episode. The dragon CGI is more consistently and realistically done than basic physics. No - we don't make the Stark children wargs with their wolves, cause it's too much magic, but we have magically sinking but also floating Jaime. :bang:

The whole LF plot is boring. Prom Queen games. It's just stupid and destroys characterization of pretty much every character involved: Sansa, Arya and Littlefinger, Royce (who threatened LF last season). Glover was always shifty in the show. Too bad though. I like the Glovers in the books.

And I don't give a shit about Cersei or her pregnancies nor her lap dog Larry.

The whole extending-lives-of-Cersei-and-Littlefinger-plot is just annoying, as annoying as last season's Ramsay.  

If Gendry stayed with the Brotherhood they wouldn't have had an excuse to show Mel's tits. 

Gah, this whole Cersei and Daenerys "armistice" thing is so unsatisfying! I want to see Cersei toppled from power. I am so done with the Lannister Twins. 

Speaking of being done with people, can they just bring about the downfall of Littlefinger already? This is taking forever - it feels like when Tyrion was cooling his heels in Mereen, waiting for the plot to catch up to him. 

7 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Outside the episode:Is that the thing where they explain what happened in an episode because they are not good at showing what was supposed to happen in the actual episode?

Yeah, they were madly setting up the wight hunt, as if St. Tyrion The Most Moral Man in the Universe hadn't already done that.

Who says the showrunners don't know the story???

Phhhft! They gave a "still rowing" punchline to Davos toward Gendry. I am surprised that Davos did not look at the camera and wink.

My eye was winking, but it was more like :shocked:

1 minute ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Jon does not need Ghost anymore - he has a Davos now. A much more reliable pet - always by his side!:bowdown:

When he pet Drogon, I was like WHAT ABOUT GHOST? Oh ye fickle friend. Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver, the other gold.

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Who says the showrunners don't know the story???

Phhhft! They gave a "still rowing" punchline to Davos toward Gendry. I am surprised that Davos did not look at the camera and wink.

My eye was winking, but it was more like :shocked:

In the outside the episode they lampshaded the rowing. For three seasons he has been wanting to leave KL.

5 minutes ago, Summer Bass said:

Gah, this whole Cersei and Daenerys "armistice" thing is so unsatisfying! I want to see Cersei toppled from power. I am so done with the Lannister Twins. 

Speaking of being done with people, can they just bring about the downfall of Littlefinger already? This is taking forever - it feels like when Tyrion was cooling his heels in Mereen, waiting for the plot to catch up to him. 

Lena is DnDs favourite actress on the show. They are ready to throw all logic out of a window just to keep her in the story longer.

24 minutes ago, AryaUnderfoot33 said:

Um, how the hell did Gendry and Jon not mention Arya??? Gendry talks about Ned, who he spoke to for all of 3 minutes but apparently forgets he spent what, months, years with Jon's little sister? And then the Hound and the Brotherhood don't mention her either? Jesus christ, you've got literally every living character who Arya travelled with in Westeros together and her name doesn't even pop up? (Except Hot Pie, who I assume was excluded because he actually likes talking about Arya). 

Absolutely true.

And also: last thing Gendry knew Arya was with the BwB. You'd think he'd ask them whether they sold her to the Freys or something, if Jon and Gendry kept absolutely mum about her for the weeks they supposedly journeyed by boat.

This is what fucking happens when you decide to shit around for two episodes trying to show us the "details" of sam and his shit cleaning.

Everything is so rushed now. Too rushed...

Very disappointed with this episode.

Great.. Jon petted a dragon.. So did tyrion. Nothing special.

Kings landing in and out in a minute, traveling all the way to eastwatch.. in a minute.

Jamie conveniently escaping, Cercei as an omnipotent know it all... FUCK..

Nothing of this rushing on with the story would have happened if they had decided the pace much much earlier.

Now it means episodes 1 and 2 were ACTUALLY meaningless.

The show has completely lost any inner logic.

Bronn and Jaime was total plot armor bs. They should have been at least been captured for randsom or something.

The Winterfell plot is as bad and predictable as the Dorne plot. LF is already dead, what a waste of a character.
Jonerys is already irritating the way they try to milk it. "Look at them getting to know each other! DO YOU SEE IT!!! THIS IS ROMAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!!"

Sam is just going to learn whatever he needs to learn ONLY when the writers need it... <_<

Tyrion & Jaime was terrible all the way...

All the META jokes about Gendry, Stannis etc. just make me cringe. Also Gendry's hammer looks fake like and weightless like a toy...

Ghost might aswell be dead if they are not going to ever show him again.

The show has failed miserably to put any doubt in my mind of who lives or dies at the end of this season. I just watch it for the pretty CGI now.

The Fast-Travel in this episode was OVER 9000! Who needs horses amiright?!? AMIRIGHT?!?

I am renaming this episode to Hassle in the Castle.

You guys remember watching Scooby-Doo, and there would be a scene where the kids were chasing the bad guy and they would run between the rooms, and somehow the bad guy would end up chasing them, and then they would get split up and all end up in different rooms, doors opening and closing in the hallway as they all tried to one up each other??? Yeah, that is what Littlefinger and Arya are up to now. Playing Scooby-Doo.

Kinda like this.

Ghost was still  being too ghostly to play :crying:

Archived