[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

1 hour ago, OldGimletEye said:

1. Too much time spent on Carol and Larry. I’m not really interested in their spats at this point.

Lena Headey is still turning in the best performance. Too bad they have to make Larry a dum-dum for their scenes to work with the story the show is intent on telling. 

This week's scene actually had a purpose, though. Larry was the only one who could carry Olestra's news about Jeffrey, and we just had to see Carol's face when she found out she was wrong about Tyrion. 

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWinter said:

They don't need her, but Dany refuses to fight the NK unless Cersei does the same because she still wants the Iron Throne, so they have to venture on the dumbest mission in the entire series. 

How was it daft? She was a foreigner who was spouting her usual "I am the messiah" crap while being backed by people who has such wonderful cultural traditions such as a khal sharing his khaleesi with his bloodriders and killing at least three of their own at weddings for fun. The Dothraki were unambiguously evil when Dany burned them alive, but now that Randyll doesn't want them as his neighbors, he's being xenophobic? 

Dany was born in Westeros, Randyll fought for her family, Cersei killed his liege lord, his queen and leader of his faith and Dany controls dothraki with dragons and can easily dispose them if they prove nuisance. Tarly should know that this war was over as soon as she landed... you don't fight nukes with rocks.

"Sammy, what is an an- an-ul-ment?"

"Gilly, that's a made up thing that Rhaegar  fangirls dreamed up to let a married guy with two kids, hide a 15 year old girl from her family, in a decrepit abandoned tower and then fuck her until she conceives, without seeming, you know too pedophiley."

"Pedo-pheely?"

"You know, um, what your dad was doing with you without the incest thing."

"So this Rheegar, he was romantic, like my Papa?

"Yea he was a real Prince Charming, and like your dear old dad, he was probably going to sacrifice his kids too.  You know, to "wake the dragon".  I always assumed it was a Targaryen term for a boner, but I guess like The Prince that was Promised, something got lost in the translation.  Listen forget that BS, and read that part about the Maesters bowel movements again.  Does he give any tips?  It's been about two months since I had my last one, and I'm starting to get a little worried."

1 minute ago, Frey family reunion said:

"Sammy, what is an an- an-ul-ment?"

"Gilly, that's a made up thing that Rhaegar  fangirls dreamed up to let a married guy with two kids, hide a 15 year old girl from her family, in a decrepit abandoned tower and then fuck her until she conceives, without seeming, you know too pedophiley."

"Pedo-pheely?"

"You know, um, what your dad was doing with you without the incest thing."

"So this Rheegar, he was romantic, like my Papa?

"Yea he was a real Prince Charming, and like your dear old dad, he was probably going to sacrifice his kids too.  You know, to "wake the dragon".  I always assumed it was a Targaryen term for a boner, but I guess like The Prince that was Promised, something got lost in the translation.  Listen forget that BS, and read that part about the Maesters bowel movements again.  Does he give any tips?  It's been about two months since I had my last one, and I'm starting to get a little worried."

There's no way the Lyanna we saw was 15 or 16. 

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:
  • Absolutely no buildup to the Jon-Drogon scene; Dany, fresh off her victory and roasting the Tarlys, lands in front of Jon, for what? 

I was wondering about that myself. At first I thought maybe she didn't see him. But then she's craning her neck, all "I wonder what's gonna happen." How about you say something like, "Whoa, boy. Jon is our kinda-friend." 

Is she in the habit of eagerly anticipating how Drogon will treat non-enemies up close? 

17 minutes ago, darmody said:

At least the show is being consistent with Arya as a coldhearted, psychopathic barely-human.

But I think the idea is that she's Team Jon. Because "Remember Season One?"

Waaaay back when Arya had feelings, Jon was her favorite sibling, maybe her favorite person. There's residual Jon-love beneath her murderousness. 

Both Jon love and Sansa hate.  Arya was the annoying little sister, Sansa was the older sister who wanted everything Arya despised.  They were jerks to each other probably their whole lives.  And Sansa took Joffrey's side in the whole Micah imbroglio.  Meanwhile Arya loved Jon best of all the Stark siblings.  No question but that Arya is still Arya and not No One.  Perhaps things are being set up for a confrontation in which Arya is claiming something (about a Littlefinger plot one assumes) but Sansa doesn't take it seriously because Arya's still the hotheaded kid who always used to annoy Sansa so.  

5 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

I have always hated the trope where the hero has to fight against supervisors who deny what is happening, putting an obstacle in the way of the hero.

Why is that? Because it's dreadfully painful to read or watch?

- Jaime(with armor) and Bronn reaching the far side of Endor the river. This has got to be the greatest escape since "nuke the fridge".

- The repetition of lines from earlier seasons(opinions of sheep, wars to come) are giving me headaches. Not to mention the "still rowing" part. Feels like I'm watching Deadpool.

- Littlefinger. Just put this character out of misery. Royce plotting with Littlefinger makes no sense.

- Why is Robett Glover even in Winterfell when every other northern house is training their men for the coming war?

- The lamest expedition of all time require no horses, carriages, etc. I don't know who is more stupid at planning: Jon or Tyrion.

This is the first time I stopped watching a GoT episode midway. I took a break and completed watching it an hour later.

This is the Season of Reunions, and that Eastwatch jail scene played like a self-parody. "Hey, I know you!" "You're the guy who's the friend of the cousin who once helped my boss's dog's previous owner move his couch."

Has anyone charted their direct and six degrees of separation relationships yet? I can't keep track.

Beric and Jon were both resurrected. 

Jon saw the Hound once. 

Gendry was sold to the Red Witch by Beric and Topknot. 

Tormund and his folk were hunted by Jorah's father. 

Jorah knows Topknot...somehow. 

Gendry and the Hound were both buddies with Arya. 

This was the best episode I ever saw.

Gendry with a hammer. Bronn and Jaime practicing in the dungeons. And I honestly thought they would practice there and Tyrion just surprise them there. Since there is no way Tyrion could have contacted Bronn, right? I mean how would he do that before going to the city? Does Bronn has an iphone, or what?

In addition we have Liam Cunningham's tiresome accent talking shit with some dumb red shirts for what felt like an hour.

And then there are the Tarlys volunteering to being burned. Are these two the greatest morons on earth, or what? The fucking Tarlys fought for King Aerys II Targaryen and against Robert in the Rebellion, did they not? Even in the show. I think Robert himself told us about that, did he not?

So now they tell us that they are not fighting for a 'foreign invader' even if she offers to pardon them? And - they say she doesn't have the authority to send them to the Wall? What happened to 'I volunteer to take the black! Please allow me to take the black to save my miserable life!'?

Why on earth would those guys want to die? I mean, good riddance and all, thank you very much, but what was the point?

And then there is 'High Septon Maynard' annulling Rhaegar Targaryen's marriage in Dorne. Right, what comes next? Archmaester Shithead ridiculing Jenny of Oldstones? Shit .. never mind.

Arya becoming a die-hard Jon loyalist. Why should she care who rules in Winterfell? By law Jon Snow is nothing but a bastard and usurper. He is no Stark, and he hasn't been legitimized. She may love Jon more than Bran and Sansa but they - and she herself come first. Neither she nor Bran nor Sansa chose Jon as their king. The idea that a woman like she who was through all the things she was would give a shit about childish intrigues like that is insane. And she sure as hell would have killed Littlefinger on sight, instead of getting outmaneuvered by him.

She can change her face. And she killed quite a few of Freys. Why doesn't she kill Littlefinger?

This whole thing is just a travesty that's essentially no longer watchable

2 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Why on earth would those guys want to die? I mean, good riddance and all, thank you very much, but what was the point?

So the fandom can argue how Dany is the Mad Queen for the next one week. It's not about story-telling anymore. It's the hype.

3 minutes ago, Ice Walker said:

So the fandom can argue how Dany is the Mad Queen for the next one week. It's not about story-telling anymore. It's the hype.

Well, they failed with me. I'd have killed those morons, too. Idiots who don't want to be pardoned shouldn't be burned alive. They should go to Qyburn.

But I guess he really is a nice grandpa in the shown, isn't he?

12 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

This was the best episode I ever saw.

Gendry with a hammer. Bronn and Jaime practicing in the dungeons. And I honestly thought they would practice there and Tyrion just surprise them there. Since there is no way Tyrion could have contacted Bronn, right? I mean how would he do that before going to the city? Does Bronn has an iphone, or what?

In addition we have Liam Cunningham's tiresome accent talking shit with some dumb red shirts for what felt like an hour.

And then there are the Tarlys volunteering to being burned. Are these two the greatest morons on earth, or what? The fucking Tarlys fought for King Aerys II Targaryen and against Robert in the Rebellion, did they not? Even in the show. I think Robert himself told us about that, did he not?

So now they tell us that they are not fighting for a 'foreign invader' even if she offers to pardon them? And - they say she doesn't have the authority to send them to the Wall? What happened to 'I volunteer to take the black! Please allow me to take the black to save my miserable life!'?

And then there is 'High Septon Maynard' annulling Rhaegar Targaryen's marriage in Dorne. Right, what comes next? Archmaester Shithead ridiculing Jenny of Oldstones? Shit .. never mind.

Arya becoming a die-hard Jon loyalist. Why should she care who rules in Winterfell? By law Jon Snow is nothing but a bastard and usurper. He is no Stark, and he hasn't been legitimized. She may love Jon more than Bran and Sansa but they - and she herself come first. Neither she nor Bran nor Sansa chose Jon as their king. The idea that a woman like she who was through all the things she was would give a shit about childish intrigues like that is insane. And she sure as hell would have killed Littlefinger on sight, instead of getting outmaneuvered by him.

She can change her face. And she killed quite a few of Freys. Why doesn't she kill Littlefinger?

This whole thing is just a travesty that's essentially no longer watchable

Wholeheartedly agree except the last sentence. It's certainly watchable, it's just painful to physically see the gaps where someone who actually cared could have operated in. It's on total autopilot with individual scenes not adding up to the whole. Just fast-forward already, might as well.

Because this is in the Fantasy genre, a Seven-Man Band (plus assorted Wildlings) must go north of the Wall to capture a zombie. Let's assume Jon has to go, even though he's a king, because show reasons. Let's also assume Jorah has to go to represent Dany because no reasons. Why can't Jon bring soldiers he trusts and whom he has commanded in the field before? Why that motley crew of weirdos/people he doesn't trust/people who've never been to the Real North/a person who so far as we know has never really fought before? 

What was it people used to say about this being a genre-bending, gritty, realistic take on fantasy? Next week will be a lighter, horror-y take on the Dirty Dozen. 

Bronn/Jamie plot armor now with underwater propulsion!

Where did all the smiths come from to mine the dragonglass?

DId they really just toss the annulment out there.  Deus Ex much?  Oh its all legit cause he got an annulment.  News flash can't anull a marriage with kids.  Maybe the laws of Westeros are different, but here we call that a divorce (not Catholic, but pretty sure having kids means you did the deed, so uh...marriage consumated!!).  Secret Marriage would have been better (Targs get 2 wives--now with twice the nagging! /male privilege)

LF/Arya--so clumsy.  This aint SVU/CSI/Sitcom plot of the week.  I need me some Dune--plots within plot within plots--like book varys/littlefinger.

Arya/Sansa.  DEY SAID MEAN FINGS!!!  Look i know arya was not keen on the life of a Lady, but one would think she'd understand about keeping the vassals happy.  More meh sloppy.

Only minor warping but Jon got to eastwatch FAST.  Plus Davos in and out of KL  faster than Tyrion in a whore house!

Tyrion hooks up with Bronn.  I guess they were just hanging at the pub for a drink and ran into each other....

A Lannister pays his debts, cept to Bronn! (still)

Next Week: Game of Thrones: Suicide Squad (shamlessly ripping this off).

Taking odds on deaths:

Jon 1000:1

Gendry: 3:1

Thoros: 2:1

Red Sword Guy (Denadrion?) 2:1

Tormund 5:1

Hound 10:1

3  or more extras on screen north o da wall: 1:5

Archived