[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

2 hours ago, Snormund said:

Cersei being pregnant serves what purpose? Jesus Christ. 

Empeaching Jaime to betray her even if he is scared of her.

2 hours ago, Snormund said:

What on earth was her point in threatening him with Drogon? That was ridiculous.

Wuuuuuut??? She just landed, and Drogon was just roaring as he always does to say "Hello, here is the boss". There was no threat here.

I think you misunderstood a lot of things in this episode!

• Jaime escaping was really unrealistic, but necessary I guess, the story is about to end, they need to shorten the ups and downs.
  • Arya please... You come back home after years, your family was almost annihilated, you could try to help, but you're bitching at your sister like you did when your father was still alive? GROW UP! I just wanted to slap her proud little bitchy face! I don't know why she became like that, I prefered her in S6. I'm complaining about that, but I actually like to dislike her, this was well played.
  • Catching a dead to prove to Cersei and Dany they are real... First, I think Dany is becoming used to it, and Cersei... Why would they want to convince her? Do they think she is going to say "Oh yes you're right, there are much more important things than my throne, I'll help you!"? If she finally believes it, she is just going to let the North struggle with the dead alone!

Btw, Cersei's face and expressions became really scary, don't you think? Every characters evolved a lot in this season!

Why was this called EASTWATCH?  You see Eastwatch for like 3 minutes - and I am being generous here.

WHY is Larry the lapdog still with Cheryl the Vulcan Queen? I understand why he doesn't want to join the fellowship of the other mad broad (the one with the dragons and the burning habit) - but if I where him I would be running... to the North, to Essos, to Yi-Ti....anything really.

Where is Jaime? You know - this brave knight with some conscience and a sort of hatred for cruelty towards innocents - the one who went all emotional in Season 3 because he once had to stop a mad king from blowing people up with wildfire?

What the hell is going on in Winterfell? Two teenage girls bitching about who is a better replacement for their absent king....awful!! It felt like medieval Gossip Girl.

Why this weird meeting between Jaime and Tyrion? Isn't it Tyrion who is supposed to be mad at Jaime - because of Tysha and all....oh, I forgot: Khun khun khun - beetle smashing was more important - because dramatically it made more sense.

Why does Davos know exactly where to find Gendry "after all these years" - looking him up on Facebook? Yellow Pages?

Why don't Jon and Gendry speak about Arya instead of pretending they were best friends forever knowing each other because their beloved fathers had Baratheon-Stark family picnics and such!?!?!?

WHY does Gendry go to Eastwatch? Would he not be more useful in Dragonstone - making weapons with Dragonglass - like a smith might do?

WHY do they keep pretending all the people following "Khalessi Kerfuffle" did choose to do so? What choice do they have? Vote Deadpan or be burned!?!?

WHEN will this romance thing (the Rom-Com that was promised) between Deadpan and Jonny Cardboard be evolving? Will it be offscreen? There is still no chemistry between them whatsoever. And why should he fall for someone like her when all she does is burning people who refuse to bend the knee to her....on Match.com he would reject her profile immediately ("My name is [insert 3 pages of made up titles]. I have lovely 3 dragons. My hobbies are: world dominance, repeating 3 phrases all the time, burning people alive and keeping my face as emotionless as possible..."). Davos seems to be more in love with him anyway...

WHY are there still people/ nobles & smallfolk in the South who support Cheryl the Vulcan Queen (whose stupidass wig looks more and more like an orange flokati rug -  probably also bought at IKEA)? If there are any nobles - who are they? Why have they not been in that exploding sept?

WHY is there still hardly any winter ANYWHERE?!?! Are"Winter is coming" just empty words...?

So.... teleporting is still a thing in medieval Westeros - more than ever....I don't care anymore.

Why does Sam go to Winterfell instead of returning to Castle Black? He is still a sworn brother of the Nightwatch (do they actually still exist? or are they just some long gone myth? So - after quitting his ambition to become a Maester - he should go back to the Wall, right?!?

WHY does it have to be GILLY (of all people!) who finds out about the annulment? WHY WHY WHY?

Biggest WhY and HOW though: so this High Septon Maynard (who lives and works in the Great Sept of Baelor in Kings Landing) travelled all the way to Dorne to annul Rhaegars first marriage and weds him to Lyanna -  but NOBODY ever noticed this High Septon was absent from the Great Sept for some time - because he went to Dorne for whatever reason?

27 minutes ago, Bosfan said:

Dany was born in Westeros, Randyll fought for her family, Cersei killed his liege lord, his queen and leader of his faith and Dany controls dothraki with dragons and can easily dispose them if they prove nuisance. Tarly should know that this war was over as soon as she landed... you don't fight nukes with rocks.

Dany spent a few weeks on Dragonstone as a newborn baby before spending the rest of her life in Essos. She is a foreigner. 

Cersei did kill all those people, and Randyll clearly didn't care for her, but Dany and her allies don't have a better reputation than Cersei, and the devil you know is better than the devil you don't, especially when the latter is bringing 100.000 Dothraki to Westeros. 

Randyll didn't join the side he thought had the best chance of winning, he joined the side he thought would be better for his people. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

This was the best episode I ever saw.

Gendry with a hammer. Bronn and Jaime practicing in the dungeons. And I honestly thought they would practice there and Tyrion just surprise them there. Since there is no way Tyrion could have contacted Bronn, right? I mean how would he do that before going to the city? Does Bronn has an iphone, or what?

In addition we have Liam Cunningham's tiresome accent talking shit with some dumb red shirts for what felt like an hour.

And then there are the Tarlys volunteering to being burned. Are these two the greatest morons on earth, or what? The fucking Tarlys fought for King Aerys II Targaryen and against Robert in the Rebellion, did they not? Even in the show. I think Robert himself told us about that, did he not?

So now they tell us that they are not fighting for a 'foreign invader' even if she offers to pardon them? And - they say she doesn't have the authority to send them to the Wall? What happened to 'I volunteer to take the black! Please allow me to take the black to save my miserable life!'?

Why on earth would those guys want to die? I mean, good riddance and all, thank you very much, but what was the point?

And then there is 'High Septon Maynard' annulling Rhaegar Targaryen's marriage in Dorne. Right, what comes next? Archmaester Shithead ridiculing Jenny of Oldstones? Shit .. never mind.

Arya becoming a die-hard Jon loyalist. Why should she care who rules in Winterfell? By law Jon Snow is nothing but a bastard and usurper. He is no Stark, and he hasn't been legitimized. She may love Jon more than Bran and Sansa but they - and she herself come first. Neither she nor Bran nor Sansa chose Jon as their king. The idea that a woman like she who was through all the things she was would give a shit about childish intrigues like that is insane. And she sure as hell would have killed Littlefinger on sight, instead of getting outmaneuvered by him.

She can change her face. And she killed quite a few of Freys. Why doesn't she kill Littlefinger?

This whole thing is just a travesty that's essentially no longer watchable

In respect to the burning of the Tarly's D&D have pretty much screwed up the story royally, and are setting the stage for all the good guys to take power and all ride unicorns on rainbows to the wall and destroy the Night King with the power of love (In this case Sam taking Hornhill). GRRM's original outline and ending won't get them the same ratings as tits and dragons and fan service will.

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

There's more than seven guys, but yeah seven important guys, I guess. All the others will probably die, but the question will be who among the seven will die. I won't write my predictions in this thread, even though we know one of them is safe, and a few are definitely dead.

Jon can't die, obviously.

Jorah can't die, because he just recovered and the show isn't that cruel. 

Tormund could die, but I don't think they'd kill him without giving him more scenes with Brienne. 

Gendry would be an awful waste. I think he'll end up ruling the Stormlands. Anyway, he needs a scene with Arya. 

The Hound will meet Arya again and has to fight his zombie brother.

Beric obviously can die, considering we've already seen him die. If he dies for good, I'd hope they give him a meaningful exchange with Jon. You know, resurrected man to resurrected man. 

Topknot can die.

If Topknot and Beric both die, it would be good if Topknot dies first. Then we know Beric's not coming back before he bites it. 

It is just wrong to see Jon going North of the wall without Ghost. Where the h@#$ is Ghost? A dragon won't replace him, cool as they are.

Danerys and her crap about how wonderful she is and then ends it with kneel or die. Yeah, that makes her so much better than what they had before.

Arya being duped by Little Finger, though it fits with her anger issues.

It was a good episode.

13 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

WHEN will this romance thing (the Rom-Com that was promised) between Deadpan and Jonny Cardboard be evolving?

Never, I think. They are going to do a Luke/Leia discover like "Oh we were from the same family all this time, that's why we felt so connected!"

It is just wrong to see Jon going North of the wall without Ghost. Where the h@#$ is Ghost? A dragon won't replace him, cool as they are.

Come on it's just a dog...

:D

14 minutes ago, Infeth said:

Empeaching Jaime to betray her even if he is scared of her.

Wuuuuuut??? She just landed, and Drogon was just roaring as he always does to say "Hello, here is the boss". There was no threat here.

I think you misunderstood a lot of things in this episode!

• Jaime escaping was really unrealistic, but necessary I guess, the story is about to end, they need to shorten the ups and downs.
  • Arya please... You come back home after years, your family was almost annihilated, you could try to help, but you're bitching at your sister like you did when your father was still alive? GROW UP! I just wanted to slap her proud little bitchy face! I don't know why she became like that, I prefered her in S6. I'm complaining about that, but I actually like to dislike her, this was well played.
  • Catching a dead to prove to Cersei and Dany they are real... First, I think Dany is becoming used to it, and Cersei... Why would they want to convince her? Do they think she is going to say "Oh yes you're right, there are much more important things than my throne, I'll help you!"? If she finally believes it, she is just going to let the North struggle with the dead alone!

Btw, Cersei's face and expressions became really scary, don't you think? Every characters evolved a lot in this season!

Empeach Cersei! Renly already empeached Stannis. 

10 minutes ago, Infeth said:

Never, I think. They are going to do a Luke/Leia discover like "Oh we were from the same family all this time, that's why we felt so connected!"

:D

Luke didn't stick it to Leia. Dany and Jon are definitely doin' it. 

If Dany says, "That's why we felt so connected," Jon can reply, "Yeah, my ¢¡#! was connected to your $;@"+."

Not a fan of the Winterfell drama. Seems a bit unnecessary at this point. That being said, I actually enjoyed the episode; there was no Brienne, no Missandei, no Grey Worm, Dany's screen time was kept to a minimum, and the show's brought together the few characters I still care about/enjoy watching, while the scrubs will hopefully be kept in the background or somewhere off in the void. Got a feelin' my boy Thoros or Beric will die next episode, but if that's the case hopefully they die glorious deaths.

2 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

The show has completely lost any inner logic.

Bronn and Jaime was total plot armor bs. They should have been at least been captured for randsom or something.

They took all the trouble to sneak Tyrion into King's Landing for a scene with Larry and Bronn when Larry, Bronn, and Tyrion were like a mile away from eachother at the beginning of the episode. (Of course Davos had to fetch Gendry. But couldn't he just show up at Eastwatch for no reason like the rest?)

I realize there are sticky story points involved. Dan wouldn't want to give up the brother-lover and field commander of her greatest enemy (aside from the Night King). Isn't Larry also rightful Lord of Casterly Rock? I can't keep track. Anyway, he wouldn't yield because twinluv, and she is busy burning lords who won't yield alive. 

Then there's Tyrion, who was chastised last episode for possible Lannister sympathies. How does he petition for Larry to be released in the interest of their useless armistice? 

Anything is better than swimming a mile underwater in full armor after escaping a stream of fire one inch from your face. 

31 minutes ago, rhaegar_blackfyre said:

In respect to the burning of the Tarly's D&D have pretty much screwed up the story royally, and are setting the stage for all the good guys to take power and all ride unicorns on rainbows to the wall and destroy the Night King with the power of love (In this case Sam taking Hornhill). GRRM's original outline and ending won't get them the same ratings as tits and dragons and fan service will.

I don't really mind the burning. Dany sure as hell could have made an example out of them, burning them for betraying Olenna. She was apparently their liege in the show, and also Dany's ally. Such things shouldn't go unpunished. But in this show the good guys always have to be nice and can only kill the reeeaally evil people or else they are evil, too. That is ridiculous.

To think that this show began with a Stark executing some poor cowardly lad who more or less didn't do anything or that Robb actually executed Lord Rickard in this show. It is ridiculous.

Archived