[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

I really do not like how too many characters have become irrelevant. I'll go down the list ad you can tell me where I'm wrong. I really fear that we might never again hear from some of the following:

Ellaria Sand

Euron Greyjoy

Theon Greyjoy

Yara Greyjoy

Brienne

Grey Worm

I liked this episode the only thing that bothered me was at the end with all those characters in one scene going "hey I know you" , "hey I know your dad" , "hey you did that to me" , "hey I remember you" 

the showrunners are so obviously tying those knots fast so they can concentrate only on the Sansa drama/R+L=J/WW

57 minutes ago, rhaegar_blackfyre said:

In respect to the burning of the Tarly's D&D have pretty much screwed up the story royally, and are setting the stage for all the good guys to take power and all ride unicorns on rainbows to the wall and destroy the Night King with the power of love (In this case Sam taking Hornhill). GRRM's original outline and ending won't get them the same ratings as tits and dragons and fan service will.

Yeah that's how it looks like. That's why Cersei is still on the throne even thou she has no army or anything to help her win but we gonna leave her in power. You see the good guys who are about to take power are going on a lethal mission to prove Cersei, the most evilest of all hags that has little power now, that an army of dead men is coming and she needs to believes them because she's the greatest of them all and will provide them with the unicorns.  i bet if nights king comes begging she'll give him an unicorn too. Hurray, unicorns for everyone, provided by Cersei

this is what you meant right?

Danaerys burning the Tarlys seems like the worst political move: just in case you forgot that I'm the Mad King's daughter, here's your proof for why you should never join my cause. One would think that the Hand of the Queen would have pointed that out.

The idea of convincing Cersei--which cretin thought that one up?

I did enjoy the Gendry/Jon bonding. And the boner pills.

1 hour ago, Lord Varys said:

Since there is no way Tyrion could have contacted Bronn, right? I mean how would he do that before going to the city? Does Bronn has an iphone, or what?

Tyrion installed a Bronn-signal in a deleted Season Two scene. Whenever Bronn sees it in the sky, he knows to meet Tyrion atop a burger stand a coupla blocks away from the spot where Jeffrey got hit with a cowpie. 

Or Tyrion slipped a note into Bronn's cubbyhole at his favorite whorehouse. 

3 hours ago, sastelise said:

I'm really annoyed with Arya. Not one episode after she reunites with her siblings she's already mad a Sansa for what seems like no reason (because Jon left her in charge?). WTF? Hasn't she grown and evolved? I want to like her character, but...

And why is Arya angry that Sansa is sleeping in the rather spartan looking, though large, bedchamber of Lord Stark?  Would she rather Sansa sleep in the stables?  Sansa is the Lady of Winterfell, she should not be dressing in burlap, if "nice things" means she's wearing furs or sleeping under them, I don't see the problem.  Sansa might well have sown her own dress; and she sowed a lordly cloak for Jon to wear.  She had a far more glitzy wardrobe in King's Landing and doesn't seem to miss it.

8 minutes ago, Ordos said:

I really do not like how too many characters have become irrelevant. I'll go down the list ad you can tell me where I'm wrong. I really fear that we might never again hear from some of the following:

Ellaria Sand

Euron Greyjoy

Theon Greyjoy

Yara Greyjoy

Brienne

Grey Worm

All of them - pretty useless by now.

But hey: Greyworm had sex, so he can die soon.

Because they cut so many storyarcs of the actual books, but kept the characters whose arcs they cut, these characters have literally nothing to do in the show anymore other than standing next to one of the mad queens like a sexy smouldering vase most of the time (Larry = the artist formerly known as Jaime), smirking and leaning against some wall in Winterfell (Baelish) maybe trying to blend into said wall like a chameleon, sitting somewhere smiling approvingly whenever an empowered Northern brat talks about girl power (Brienne), replacing Ghost as Jon's ever present pet wolf (Davos), or still being alive with nothing real to do (Beric), standing with one's hands hidden away in their coat looking somehow way too tanned and not being the useful, very well informed Spider they used to be (Varys) etc.

I find The Hound, Gendry and even Qyburn pretty irrelevant too.

1 hour ago, madscientist596 said:

Oh its all legit cause he got an annulment.  News flash can't anull a marriage with kids.  Maybe the laws of Westeros are different, but here we call that a divorce (not Catholic, but pretty sure having kids means you did the deed, so uh...marriage consumated!!).  

I don't know feudal law. I was raised Catholic, but I don't know all their rules, either. In any case, nowadays there are grounds for annulment beyond non-consummation, including:

Being related by blood

Being a minor at the time of marriage 

Getting defrauded or coerced into marriage

Being non compos mentis at the time of marriage

And one of the two suffering from mental illness in the marriage.

I've heard of impotence being grounds for annulment. Maybe infertility is, too. 

2 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

I guess we should be grateful that they didn't write dialogue like

Gendry: "Oh, I was with 'a girl'"

Jon : "A girl, he? Yeah, I just learned "a girl" lives."

Gendry to Thoros or Beric: "So, what'd you do with a girl?"

Thoros and Beric pointing at the Hound: "A girl ran away with a man here."

Hound looking sheepishly: "A big girl beat me and a girl left me to die."

This is Magic. And I mean old god's magic, not this new age fire wight bullshit!

Thinking about it - can please somebody kill Davos?

When he said he was of no use during that ridiculous wight hunt (why on earth did he accompany them to Eastwatch?) he was only telling half the truth - he also has no role or purpose on this show. If he reminds us one more time what he did a couple of seasons ago I going to do that job. I'll reach into the screen and strangle him. I have that power.

Oh, Arya being pissed about Sansa sleeping in their parents' bedchamber was also ridiculous. You know, little moronic girl, they are dead, they are not coming back, and all that was theirs once is now yours, too. Even their castle, their lands, their furniture, and their clothes. You don't have to sleep in your old bedchamber. If you want, you can join Sansa in the grown-up bedchamber.

How the Stark siblings are really selling themselves out to Jon there is just pitiful and ridiculous. They are the trueborn Stark heirs. People should care about that. They themselves should care as well as the Lords of the North.

12 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

How the Stark siblings are really selling themselves out to Jon there is just pitiful and ridiculous. They are the trueborn Stark heirs. People should care about that. They themselves should care as well as the Lords of the North.

Good to see you've taken your Jon hate on the road!

Anyway, came to say what I assume has already been said dozens of time over:  An annulment?  Really?  After two kids.  And was that a Maester who was apparently reporting it and performed the ceremony?  Either way, someone was just like, hey, let's send this to the Citadel from a random tower in Dorne for perpetuity.  It will just sit there until a barely literate wilding happens upon it.

2 hours ago, teej6 said:

So Larry is all okay with crazy Carol bringing another one of his kids into their fucked up world. And he stands there and takes constant abuse and threats from her. And why the hell does Dany agree to an armstice when she just decimated the Lannister and Reach armies? Carol's plot armor is so insane. From the looks of it, D&D may even have Carol retire peacefully to Casterly Rock in the end. 

Oh mon dieu! You cannot have anything bad happening to good queen Carol.  She oozes motherly love, kindness and affection (and hatred only to those who wronged her). She is basically the Lady Di of this show-Westeros.

Of course she must live somewhere nice in the end. Something with a Spa nearby and cocktails 24/7. There was no Valonqar-prophecy in the show so she will be fine.

But Larry is soooo not Jaime anymore - he is brainwashed.  A bit like the Branbot9000 (who died beyond the Wall and only returned as an empty shell full of 3eyed-raven-downloads) Jaime might have died on his way jumping from where he was standing around at Joffrey's wedding to the spot where his son/king lay on the floor choking to death in season 4. Now he is just "Larry the lapdog" who is either scared of or completely turned on by "Cersei with the good hair" - he definitively forgot all about his character's development and redemption arc though. SAD.

He also forgot the shows intention to show him falling more for Brienne (that whole sword-thing and the hearteyes when passing Tarth on his way to Dorne):stunned:. He probably forgot Brienne altogether, he has 50shades of Carol now (and probably will get spanked for losing all of her soldiers).

And now for the first time in is live he will be a daddy -  ooooooohhhhh... :love:a proper daddy to an official incest kid born out of wedlock - which will be absolutely ok to everyone in the realm - why not?

43 minutes ago, omegaxx said:

Danaerys burning the Tarlys seems like the worst political move: just in case you forgot that I'm the Mad King's daughter, here's your proof for why you should never join my cause. One would think that the Hand of the Queen would have pointed that out.

The idea of convincing Cersei--which cretin thought that one up?

I did enjoy the Gendry/Jon bonding. And the boner pills.

Mmm, Alexander the great and Phillip, his father, forgave several times thebes, the greek city state, and when they betrayed him a last time, he razed the city, enslaved them and raped the women, a barbaric and terrible choice, true, but the rest of the greek polis came into his pan hellenic league, (sparta nonwhistanding), and he got what he wanted, he used these armies to invade Persia and conquer it, some times a show of force is enough to bring the rest to the fold, and it was stupid for the tarlies to deny the girl with the 30 meter, fire breathing lizard behind her.

2 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Anyway, came to say what I assume has already been said dozens of time over:  An annulment?  Really?  After two kids.  And was that a Maester who was apparently reporting it and performed the ceremony?  Either way, someone was just like, hey, let's send this to the Citadel from a random tower in Dorne for perpetuity.  It will just sit there until a barely literate wilding happens upon it.

Yup, after having two children with her and actually liking his wife (and with the possibility of marrying a second wife - as some Targaryens did) "Ragger" decided to ditch Elia and make their 2 children into bastards - which totally makes sends as he believes he needs 3 legitimate children as the prophecy said "the dragon will have 3 heads".

The annulment and the following wedding was supposed to be performed by the High Septon (I suppose:the one from the Great Sept in Kings Landing) named Maynard - who secrectly travelled all the way from KL to Dorne - without anyone noticing his journey or so.

This High Septon apparently kept a neat diary like every teenage girl (or Bridget Jones) does - documenting all of his doings - and all the architectural details of the Great Sept of Baelor (steps, windows etc.) - which might lead D&D to have Gilly rebuild the Sept in the end of season 8 because she read all those important accounts and knows it all.

17 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

And was that a Maester who was apparently reporting it and performed the ceremony?  Either way, someone was just like, hey, let's send this to the Citadel from a random tower in Dorne for perpetuity.  It will just sit there until a barely literate wilding happens upon it.

Gilly talked about it like it was the Memoirs of Maester [Blank]. He wanted a record of his entire life and all his experiences to stay at the Citadel. That includes an annulment he once granted, plus all the craps he took. Really, the existence of that record is one of the less ridiculous things in the series. 

As for Gilly--a laywoman cohabitating with a sworn brother of the Night's Watch who's studying to be a maester--just happening to find it and read it out loud to the best buddy of the child who ended up benefiting from the annulment, that's another matter. 

17 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Oh mon dieu! You cannot have anything bad happening to good queen Carol.  She oozes motherly love, kindness and affection (and hatred only to those who wronged her). She is basically the Lady Di of this show-Westeros.

Of course she must live somewhere nice in the end. Something with a Spa nearby and cocktails 24/7. There was no Valonqar-prophecy in the show so she will be fine.

But Larry is soooo not Jaime anymore - he is brainwashed.  A bit like the Branbot9000 (who died beyond the Wall and only returned as an empty shell full of 3eyed-raven-downloads) Jaime might have died on his way jumping from where he was standing around at Joffrey's wedding to the spot where his son/king lay on the floor choking to death in season 4. Now he is just "Larry the lapdog" who is either scared of or completely turned on by "Cersei with the good hair" - he definitively forgot all about his character's development and redemption arc though. SAD.

He also forgot the shows intention to show him falling more for Brienne (that whole sword-thing and the hearteyes when passing Tarth on his way to Dorne):stunned:. He probably forgot Brienne altogether, he has 50shades of Carol now (and probably will get spanked for losing all of her soldiers).

And now for the first time in is live he will be a daddy -  ooooooohhhhh... :love:a proper daddy to an official incest kid born out of wedlock - which will be absolutely ok to everyone in the realm - why not?

Carol and LF's expiry date is past due. Carol has Valyrian steel plot armor and LF has become the creepy lurker in WF whose grand scheme is to get two teenagers to fight. How will this get him closer to his goal of sitting the IT? And LF should at least suspect from his conversation with Bran that he's dealing with an omniscient being. But no, they have the great manipulator of Westeros turn into a complete idiot.

I did however enjoy Tormund's remark to Jon on whether he brought the big woman and Jon's smile in response. 

8 minutes ago, darmody said:

That includes an annulment he once granted, plus all the craps he took. Really, the existence of that record is one of the less ridiculous things in the series. 

The existence of such a record is plausible, sure.  What's not is that an annulment was granted, that a Maester apparently performed the ceremony, and nobody else had bothered to mention or identify such a sensitive piece of information within the Citadel.

Tarly to Dany:
You weren't born in Westeros

What?

Overall not a bad episode, but kind of boring because i am not invested in characters at all.

The wight hunt and Littlefinger getting caught is quite stupid. Like literally, why would he not burn the letter right away?

8 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

The existence of such a record is plausible, sure.  What's not is that an annulment was granted, that a Maester apparently performed the ceremony, and nobody else had bothered to mention or identify such a sensitive piece of information within the Citadel.

It doesn't bother me that there is a record of it or even that no one knew/cared after the fact considering Rhaegar died in battle shortly after and the woman was said to have died in child birth not much after that. But why the hell of all the books in the citadel did Sam choose to take that guys personal journal home with him?

Archived