[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

Also, Arya learned to be a great fighter in Bravos, so great that she could defeat Brienne. Ok, seems like a stretch, but go on.

But she didn't learn enough stealth to beat LF? In the house of Black and White? Where the fucking advertisemment is: Come to us and we'll make you faceless so no-one will know you existed?

WHY? OH PLEASE GOD, WHY?

2 hours ago, darmody said:

He wanted to get caught. That's why he did his creepysmirk when he eyed Arya coming out of his room. 

All part of his master plan to turn Arya against Sandra...something, something...sit on the Iron Throne. 

What does he want to do? Make Wolver-Arya so mad at Sandra that she kills her? Maybe LF realized Arya is way better than the lady of his dreams (Sandra aka Mini-Catelyn) because she is an evil faceless badass sometimes.

I enjoyed this episode... Maybe because I'm into GOT fanfics.

Tho I love Jon, that scene were he's petting the dragon was so fanfiction.

Dany is already thirsty. I don't blame her.

Varys and Tyrion discussing Dany like what she did was wrong: IT WASN'T. It's war!

What I did like about this episode:

'' I don't need your permission. I'm a king. "

You sure are <3 

1 hour ago, lidsa said:

- Minor nitpick because I've seen it a few times now on twitter and reddit: no, Sam is not going to be the Lord of the
Reach now, and house Tarly has not died with Dickon. There is still Sam's sister, who is the Lady Tarly now.

- It's already been mentioned in this thread but it's ridiculous that the only army that doesn't need food, sleep, or
training is the one that's been shuffling around beyond the wall for seven seasons now, while every other army has been
zapping across the continent. I don't think 8 episodes is going to be enough to warrant the buildup of the White Walkers
and, sadly, I have the suspicion that's also going to be true in the books.

- I'm sure I'm not alone when I say GoT feels like a chore rather than a pleasure. It has for some time, tbh.

All true!

I doubt Hornhill will ever be seen again, so the Tarlys won't matter much. Sam will just be happy to be with Gilly forever, no matter where they will live. Maybe, when everything is over (and the comet does not hit Westeros wiping out everyone), he might open his own doctor's surgery where he is curing all kinds of rare diseases like greyscale, the flux.... and Gilly will be his desk clerk.

The teleporting of everyone vs. the poking along of the dead men walking (in very slow slow-motion) is devoid of any logic for the last 3 seasons.

And yes - GoT has become my Sunday comedy program rather than a good, watchable historical drama show. Almost like Monty Python meets Benny Hill - but with less fun.

46 minutes ago, PrinceOfTheSummerIsles said:

Is it just me, or whenever someone says "Army of the Dead", you want to start laughing?

"Army of the Dead" is something I would expect to hear in a movie like Zombieland. Just imagine that Jesse Eisenberg is trying to impress Emma Stone, then Woody Harrelson comes and mentions the Army of the Dead and Jesse Eisenberg shits his pants in front of Emma Stone. Everyone starts laughing.

Wtf was wrong with Wight Walkers? "Army of the dead" does not belong in a fantasy series as grand as ASOIAF. It doesn't even belong in a kid's story. I can't imagine Old Nan ever trying to scare the Stark Kids with "Army of the dead". Arya would have laughed.

You, probably, meant White Walkers...no one has ever called them Wight Walkers! Wights are White Walkers' pets. OR are you suggesting another name of Army of the Dead? Probably, Army of Wights would be better?

9 minutes ago, Gala said:

You, probably, meant White Walkers...no one have ever called them Wight Walkers! Wights are White Walkers' pets. OR are you suggesting another name of Army of the Dead? Probably, Army of Wights would be better?

Wights. I mean Wights. Damn you are right. I need to get my terminology straight at least when I am ranting about HBO's lack of respect for it.

31 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

What does he want to do? Make Wolver-Arya so mad at Sandra that she kills her? Maybe LF realized Arya is way better than the lady of his dreams (Sandra aka Mini-Catelyn) because she is an evil faceless badass sometimes.

I think he wants Sandra to be Queen of the North, and somehow translate that into him sitting on the Iron Throne. Maybe married to her; I don't know. (Though I definitely know he wants to do what he didn't get to do with Cat, which is show her his littlefinger, if you know what I mean.) 

Don't quite see how pitting Arya against Sandra helps that cause, but Lord Baelish since Season Five hasn't made much sense. I try not to think about what he's up to, and just enjoy the leaning against walls and smirking for the pure joy of leaning and smirking. 

The real question is why Bran doesn't tell everyone he doublecrossed Ned. 

12 minutes ago, PrinceOfTheSummerIsles said:

Wights. I mean Wights. Damn you are right. I need to get my terminology straight at least when I am ranting about HBO's lack of respect for it.

I hope I didn't interfer your ranting much ;)
I agree with you about lack of respect sometimes in these matters in the show

2 hours ago, dmc515 said:

If you look at the situation in the show, isn't Jon most equipped to rule?  

Jon is one of a coupla people to kill a White Walker, he's brave, he inspires people, and for whatever reason he was chosen to rise from the dead. But no. Jon "knows nothing." He's kind of a dummy. He should be double-dead, considering the Battle of the Bastards. He committed suicide after Rickon bought it. Luckily, Ramsey was also stupid and his sister effectively committed treason to bail him out. And he had plot armor. 

After next week's episode, he'll probably deserve to be triple-dead. I'm sure they'll get into a major scuffle, and Jon'll be saved by plot armor and someone sacrificing themselves for him or whatever. In any case, their mission is monumentally stupid. The North deserves a king not constantly trying to kill himself.

Oh, the stupid and meme-service is strong with this one.

No, Bronn couldn't pull Jaime out of the water in waterlogged armour.  'Nuff said.

Jaime wants to end the war?  Well, kill your sister then.  Sheesh.

Randall Tarly - the pro-Targaryen now isn't because plot.  

Jon gets a nose boop from Drogon. Did it just purr? :bang:

The Dothraki part so we can view Ser Jorah.  Can you all say "squee"?  Good, please don't.

Archmaester Slughorn comments that Sam's father and brother were "just" burnt alive but he hasn't told Sam yet.  Two things: what a douche to not tell Sam and how do they know?  Anyone would think they have glass candles.

No, Jon, you didn't think Bran was dead - Sam told you he was alive and you only had two dead brothers a couple of eps ago - y'know Robb and Rickon.  Remember Rickon!

Going on a wight hunt. :bang:  Did you do that rhyme when you were kids?:lmao:

Mother and Father's chambers - what, where she was raped? I said it last season and I'll say it this season - why on earth would she want that room?

Davos throwing out the fact Tyrion was responsible for the wildfire that killed his son and that's it? Nothing more to be said on that?  

How did Tyrion contact Bronn? 

"Still rowing" is really stupid fourth wall-breaking.  They spend time on a montage scene of smithing but no build up to Gendry's decision to leave. I would like to point out that Robert had a war hammer but he was supposed to be huge and 6 ft 6.  Gendry's not huge and his hammer looks plastic.  Gah.

Lannister incest pregnancy - at least I don't have to worry about that crap happening in the books.

Gendry clearly trying to buddy up to Jon but doesn't mention Arya - that's weird.

Backwards glance at Dany - let's hope that means Jorah's for it.

WHERE IS WINTER?

High Septon Maynard (why does he have a name?) records the annulment and re-marriage of Prince "Ragger".  No reaction so something else to be remembered later.  Awful.

Did they just re-use the Alys Karstark actress without red hair to be a castle servant?  Do you remember the happy days when Bronze Yohn hated Creepyfinger.  I miss those days.  Arya P.I. slithers around and Creepyfinger slithers too.  I hate every single bit of the Winterfell plot so far.

Jon and team arrive at Eastwatch.  Has anyone updated that Westeros map showing all the improbable journeys - y'know the one with the Others doing a figure of eight in front of the Wall. :commie:

Sandor, Beric and Thoros in the cells. *sigh*  It's so jarring when you have Gendry making a fuss about being sold to the Red Witch when in the real story  he's with the BwB all this time so it's all a farce to get him back to the people he should be with.  (Not that I think there'll be a wight hunt in the books - just sayin'.) 

"We're all breathing."  News for you, Jonny boy, your creator says not.

Oo, look, three red shirts head out with the Super Seven.

WHERE IS GHOST?

Oh how the mighty have fallen. from a very small pittance of an estate, LF raised himself to master of coin.

LF went from manipulating the king and all of his advisors for years on end, bankrupting the kingdom, starting a war 

Now he is left with getting two high school girls to cat-fight over notes passed in history class.

Daenarys is beyond irritating, infuriating and illogical. I'm puking every time I see her around. Jesus christ is she disgusting in her smugness. And what makes her most antypathic is that you know nothing bad will happen to her till the end. Hope she burns to death or is torn apart alive

1 hour ago, PrinceOfTheSummerIsles said:

Is it just me, or whenever someone says "Army of the Dead", you want to start laughing?

"Army of the Dead" is something I would expect to hear in a movie like Zombieland. Just imagine that Jesse Eisenberg is trying to impress Emma Stone, then Woody Harrelson comes and mentions the Army of the Dead and Jesse Eisenberg shits his pants in front of Emma Stone. Everyone starts laughing.

Wtf was wrong with Wight Walkers? "Army of the dead" does not belong in a fantasy series as grand as ASOIAF. It doesn't even belong in a kid's story. I can't imagine Old Nan ever trying to scare the Stark Kids with "Army of the dead". Arya would have laughed.

Reminds me of this

This episode was written by David Hill, who is credited with only 2 other episodes in the series:  "Home" (season 6) and "Sons of the Harpy" (Season 5).  I hope they never allow this guy to write again. Forced lines,  Fake situations.... the show is in a point that they should have only the best writers. Specially because they don't have the books now.

13 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

This episode was written by David Hill, who is credited with only 2 other episodes in the series:  "Home" (season 6) and "Sons of the Harpy" (Season 5).  I hope they never allow this guy to write again. Forced lines,  Fake situations.... the show is in a point that they should have only the best writers. Specially because they don't have the books now.

But then, who would write anything in GOT?

44 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Oh, the stupid and meme-service is strong with this one.

No, Bronn couldn't pull Jaime out of the water in waterlogged armour.  'Nuff said.

Jaime wants to end the war?  Well, kill your sister then.  Sheesh.

Randall Tarly - the pro-Targaryen now isn't because plot.  

Jon gets a nose boop from Drogon. Did it just purr? :bang:

The Dothraki part so we can view Ser Jorah.  Can you all say "squee"?  Good, please don't.

Archmaester Slughorn comments that Sam's father and brother were "just" burnt alive but he hasn't told Sam yet.  Two things: what a douche to not tell Sam and how do they know?  Anyone would think they have glass candles.

No, Jon, you didn't think Bran was dead - Sam told you he was alive and you only had two dead brothers a couple of eps ago - y'know Robb and Rickon.  Remember Rickon!

Going on a wight hunt. :bang:  Did you do that rhyme when you were kids?:lmao:

Mother and Father's chambers - what, where she was raped? I said it last season and I'll say it this season - why on earth would she want that room?

Davos throwing out the fact Tyrion was responsible for the wildfire that killed his son and that's it? Nothing more to be said on that?  

How did Tyrion contact Bronn? 

"Still rowing" is really stupid fourth wall-breaking.  They spend time on a montage scene of smithing but no build up to Gendry's decision to leave. I would like to point out that Robert had a war hammer but he was supposed to be huge and 6 ft 6.  Gendry's not huge and his hammer looks plastic.  Gah.

Lannister incest pregnancy - at least I don't have to worry about that crap happening in the books.

Gendry clearly trying to buddy up to Jon but doesn't mention Arya - that's weird.

Backwards glance at Dany - let's hope that means Jorah's for it.

WHERE IS WINTER?

High Septon Maynard records the annulment and re-marriage of Prince "Ragger". Do the writers understand that an annulment means the children from the annulled marriage become illegitimate?   An annulment is not a divorce.  Elia and her children were clearly still alive or an annulment wouldn't be necessary so if Jon is called Aegon, as speculated, that would make no sense whatsoever!  I hate these writers.

Did they just re-use the Alys Karstark actress without red hair to be a castle servant?  Do you remember the happy days when Bronze Yohn hated Creepyfinger.  I miss those days.  Arya P.I. slithers around and Creepyfinger slithers too.  I hate every single bit of the Winterfell plot so far.

Jon and team arrive at Eastwatch.  Has anyone updated that Westeros map showing all the improbable journeys - y'know the one with the Others doing a figure of eight in front of the Wall. :commie:

Sandor, Beric and Thoros in the cells. *sigh*  It's so jarring when you have Gendry making a fuss about being sold to the Red Witch when in the real story  he's with the BwB all this time so it's all a farce to get him back to the people he should be with.  (Not that I think there'll be a wight hunt in the books - just sayin'.) 

"We're all breathing."  News for you, Jonny boy, your creator says not.

Oo, look, three red shirts head out with the Super Seven.

WHERE IS GHOST?

Jaime is a tool. Words cannot describe how I hate Cersei. She needs to die soon, but Jaime would stay loyal until the end. Bronn was wrong to trust Jaime, he should've defected to Tyrion. Cersei would execute him and Jaime won't say a word against his beloved. 

I don't understand Bronze Yohn either. Or Sansa and Arya for that matters. They spent years waiting to be reunited and now that they are, they fight, playing into Creepyfingers hands. 

Ghost is keeping Edmure Tully and Roslin Frey entertained. It is known.

Archived