[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

15 minutes ago, That Westeros Dude said:

Who wants to bet that Cersei isn't pregnant in episode 7 or whenever they go see her to try to convince her with the wight? Months would have went by because of all the travel. So we will see if they really do keep track of timelines in the show. 

That it's not definitive. Let's say that now she is just 1-2 month pregnant...even if in episode 7 three months have passed she would be 4-5 month pregnant which, depending on the woman, can be hardly seen.

37 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I completely agree with this, but I have feeling at least 90% of the audience would not have made the connection that the green dragon was Rhaegal, and the hint would have been lost on them.

Not only this. I am starting to think D&D will not have Jon ride Rhaegal at all. I think they are going in a direction that I'll put in spoiler bracket even if is a season 8 speculation, but based on some next episodes leaks:

Spoiler

This direction is the one that leads on both Viserion and Rhaegal deaths , so no time for Jon to bond and ride Rhaegal given the pace of the show. Rhaegal will most likely die in a battle with undead Viserion. Then Jon will have to ride Drogon, the only remaining Dragon, also because Dany will not be fit do ride it any more, at least for 9 months....

6 hours ago, Risto said:

Shame Dickon was burned alive. And that Jaime is still into Cersei. Can you imagine the drama ensuing from those emotions? Plus, the fight would be awesome. A melee for Dany.

Let we also not forget the hunky Baratheon bastard :D 

Hunky Baratheon bastard didn't even spare Dany a glance. He ain't into blondes. And he can't wait to go North and impress Jon Snuh.

Ok why there is no snow on Eastwatch land....I mean the whole north is covered in snow, winter has arrived a season ago, it is probably even starting to snow on the vale and riverlands, but then they arrive at the wall and it is not snowing and the land is unconvered...just the castle and the wall. Meh.

3 hours ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

This episode was written by David Hill, who is credited with only 2 other episodes in the series:  "Home" (season 6) and "Sons of the Harpy" (Season 5).  I hope they never allow this guy to write again. Forced lines,  Fake situations.... the show is in a point that they should have only the best writers. Specially because they don't have the books now.

Even the best writers write stupid stuff and hamfisted fanfic lines.

Just now, Marada78 said:

Ok why there is no snow on Eastwatch land....I mean the whole north is covered in snow, winter has arrived a season ago, it is probably even starting to snow on the vale and riverlands, but then they arrive at the wall and it is not snowing and the land is unconvered...just the castle and the wall. Meh.

global warming :dunno:

Gah. Episodes like this make me want to rage. We get the full court press of GoT flaws: bad dialogue, plot armor, contrived story arcs, delayed confrontations until the end of the season, teleporting, unintentionally contradictory writing, unnecessary D&D filler, dumb fan service, Cliff Notes style storytelling. Everything that ASoIaF isn’t, basically.

And unfortunately, unlike last episode, there’s no big battle to distract from the horrible storytelling. 

Still don’t understand why the episode is called Eastwatch when only five minutes takes places there. But, that’s a very, very minor nitpick. Honestly, I would love it if that was the only gripe I had with the episode.

Just a couple things I want to discuss in detail though:

I was right about the non-death of Jaime. It was completely laughable though that Bronn somehow dragged him hundreds of yards downriver in full armor (and apparently all underwater, too). Nikolaj was talking about how difficult it was to move in the tank with his costume on & how heavy it was, and that’s just fake rubber. But we’re supposed to imagine Bronn was somehow able to carry him with 50-100lbs extra weight? And yet the show completely glosses over this fact.

Why was Rhaegar's annulment treated so flippantly, especially by someone like Sam who’s a nerd and obsessed with books and history?

Why was no mention of Arya made by either Sandor or Gendry? Just seems rather odd, given they’d know Jon’s her brother.

My biggest issue, though, is the weird angle they’re going with making Dany Mad King-ish. They could’ve elaborated a little more on what would become of Tarly and his men if they bent the knee (they’d keep their lands and titles, etc), but what she did was no different than what Aegon the Conqueror did, and a great deal different than what Cersei has done. 

The obvious forced character assassination of Tarly was just dumb. He may be a harsh man but he’s fair, and there’s no way he would side with someone who killed her own kin, commits incest and murdered the entirety of his liege lords. Even disregarding all of that, he was one of the few who stayed loyal to Aerys until the end and was the only person to defeat Robert & Ned, if I remember correctly. It just makes my blood boil. The only thing Dany did wrong was to burn them alive instead of a simple hanging or beheading. But, their deaths seemed relatively quick. Can’t understand why Tyrion was so upset about this battle but didn’t even blink when sending the Unsullied to kill hundreds (perhaps thousands) of people he likely knew and probably even related to at Casterly Rock.

I also really hope that either Arya or Sansa (or even both) know what Littlefinger’s up to and are simply playing him. But, just like last season and Arya’s stabbing, there’s likely nothing more to it than what’s onscreen. What you see is what you get with the D’s. I just hate what they’ve done to LF. More so than any other episode he truly became a mustache-twirling “villain” with that stupid shot of him watching Arya. Absolutely ridiculous.

How much time are we expected to believe passes during travel? Jaime back to King’s Landing (a couple days, probably more without horses), Dany back to Dragonstone (a few hours), Tyrion & Davos to King’s Landing and back (a week or more), Jon & Co. to Eastwatch (several months). Yet we’re to think nothing happens in-between? Or, as shown in previous episodes, some plots magically happen faster than others, even when the timelines overlap? And this coming from a show that used to make traveling these distances matter, where it not only took several episodes or even an entire season to travel that far, but it also impacted the very story of a character and affected the plot. Just sad.

And I can’t stand the fact that the D’s are constantly harping about how they have no time for everything in the books, yet include crap like the Winterfell guards or the Gold Cloaks. Truly mind boggling.

… also, first time poster, long time lurker. Nice to have somewhere sane to rant about the staggering failures of this once great show.

I can't stop..thinking of stupid things. Why Tormund reacts that way toward Jorah? Did Jon hide to him the fact that he fought the battle of Bastard with the Mormonts? Was he paying attention during the war or the northern councils? Did he understand who the little badass girl was? I recall her nominating her family name a couple of times...now I would expected him to stand up and say what he said to Jorah at the time...

I honestly think that this was probably the stupidest hour of television that I ever watched. Seriously, was there even one scene that wasn't absurd? At least one scene that can't be ridiculed for its failures in logic and common sense? The closest I can think of is Tyrion/Varys scene, which is not as evidently absurd as other scenes, but even that one is completely illogical because it relies on the "brilliant" idea that Tyrion (along with Varys apparently) would rather loose the war than kill even one enemy soldier.

Seriously, I'm honestly asking, is there at least one single scene in this episode that isn't based on pure stupidity and doesn't require huge suspension of disbelief?

13 minutes ago, Marada78 said:

Winter came for Stannis, then it took a break. It will be back soon.

Watching the show now you basically have to allow for a total disregard of logic. It's enjoyable if you can do that, but my god is it a struggle.

At least the rag tag team going into the shit is a pretty awesome crew. The Brotherhood/Clegane dynamic is one of the few things that have been done superbly.

1 hour ago, Holly Macaroni said:

After one season of force feeding us the "we don't want to directly attack king's landing because we don't want to hurt innocent lives", we suddenly find out they could just smuggle a couple of crews on the backdoor of the red keep.

i figure they could've smuggled in, like, 40 good men.

Fudge me that's a good point. Apparently Davos could have smuggled Grey Worm and his best Unsullied right into the castle and pacified it with the city being none the wiser. 

Withdrawn The Unsullied left before Davos got there. Still they could have sent a force of men instead of 2. Surely they didn't row that little boat from Dragonstone.

1 minute ago, StepStark said:

I honestly think that this was probably the stupidest hour of television that I ever watched. Seriously, was there even one scene that wasn't absurd? At least one scene that can't be ridiculed for its failures in logic and common sense? The closest I can think of is Tyrion/Varys scene, which is not as evidently absurd as other scenes, but even that one is completely illogical because it relies on the "brilliant" idea that Tyrion (along with Varys apparently) would rather loose the war than kill even one enemy soldier.

Seriously, I'm honestly asking, is there at least one single scene in this episode that isn't based on pure stupidity and doesn't require huge suspension of disbelief?

Well there was that time... oh, wait. No.

And then when Bronn... nevermind. 

How about when Davos... nope, not there. 

Well, Dany said... sorry. Lost the point. 

And Jon and Gendry and the Hound... hmmm, not so logic either. 

But Cersei and Jaime... eh, forget I said that. 

But DRAGUNZZZZ! Did you see Jon pet Drogon??? How expensively bad ass was that?!?! Jon has always wanted a dog :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Holly Macaroni said:

After one season of force feeding us the "we don't want to directly attack king's landing because we don't want to hurt innocent lives", we suddenly find out they could just smuggle a couple of crews on the backdoor of the red keep.

i figure they could've smuggled in, like, 40 good men.

Lol this. Its completely laughable at this point.  Why hasn't she learned from the Sons of the Harpy and moved men into Kings Landing to start causing a shit storm for Cersei to deal with now that she literally only has the Gold Cloaks as an army but I guess that makes too much sense.

3 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Well there was that time... oh, wait. No.

And then when Bronn... nevermind. 

How about when Davos... nope, not there. 

Well, Dany said... sorry. Lost the point. 

And Jon and Gendry and the Hound... hmmm, not so logic either. 

But Cersei and Jaime... eh, forget I said that. 

But DRAGUNZZZZ! Did you see Jon pet Drogon??? How expensively bad ass was that?!?! Jon has always wanted a dog :thumbsup:

Exactly, that's what I'm talking about. Literally none of the scenes make sense. Even Jon petting Drogon: as someone already said, Tyrion petted TWO dragons last season, so why's Jon so special?! And also, what would've happened if Jon wasn't a secret Targ? Drogon would burn him most probably, the way he roared at him. But Dany did absolutely nothing. Drogon's about to eat The King in The North, and yet she just sits there and watches what's gonna happen. Ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Marada78 said:

That it's not definitive. Let's say that now she is just 1-2 month pregnant...even if in episode 7 three months have passed she would be 4-5 month pregnant which, depending on the woman, can be hardly seen.

But Jaime was just at Kings Landing, so when he goes see Cersei only a couple days have passed, Dany has to travel back to Dragonstone, that takes some time, also it takes months just to travel to Eastwatch, so when they return with the wight, she should be ready to have this kid. 

Archived