Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady Fevre Dream

[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Recommended Posts

So .... Gendry knows everything about his dad now, cherishes him and hates "those that killed is father" so much he wants to take revenge. Of course. Him being Robert's son seems to be ok now, probably everyone in Carol's Landing knows but nobody cares. Gendry might have opened his own blacksmith shop naming it "Bobby Baratheon & Son".

26 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AryaUnderfoot33 said:

Yeah, I mean maybe it could be they were both too heartbroken to mention her because they both thought she was dead, but now it's like what? Jon admittedly has no way of knowing Gendry was friends with Arya, but Gendry sure as hell knows Jon' her brother. Why wouldn't be bring Arya up as well as Ned?

It's like literally everything about Arya is relevant: Jon hears she's alive, Gendry who was her closest friend returns, BwB who Arya ran away from because they sold Gendry returns, the Hound who picked up her after the Brotherhood returns....aaaaand no mention of her at all. 

Exactly! And didn't Theon and Jon have some discussion about Sansa when Theon washed up on Dragontone? I only saw clips of that episode, so admittedly I cannot be 100% sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Yeah...he actually did! Larry the lapdog first fell into a puddle and ended up drowning in the Mariana Trench and now he swam/dived all the way to the end of that puddle. He has gained magnificent skills ever since he lost that right hand! No surprise the queen randomly rewards him with blowjobs and cuddling afterwards.

Jaime is a Merman! Confirmed!

The Manderly Plot Awakens!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gendry was the best thing the only good thing about the episode, but looses points for lack of Arya mention.

Show!Arya is just unhinged.  Did she really suggest beheading people as an appropriate response to "insulting" Jon?  That whole conflict was based on the flimsiest of reasons, because Sansa reasserted publically that Jon is king.  And she could have just taken the North too if she wanted.  She had the support of the Northern lords plus the Vale.  But she's supposed to be ruthlessly ambitious right?  I don't know what to make of LF's plan to plant Sansa's letter in his own room.  Doesn't that make himself also a target for Arya?  What was that bribery of that female servant for?  Arya's the worst spy ever if LF knew all the exact moments she was watching him.  Why not use some of that FM training and disguise herself as a servant?         

Jon has zero reaction to leaning Arya and Bran are alive.  He showed more emotion at petting a dragon.  

Davos very casually mentions Tyrion killed his son with wildfire, but whatever.  That's in the past, right?

Eastwatch scenes were so underwhelming for such a fanservicey cast ensemble.  Mostly nothing but meaningless bickering, except for Gendry mentioning he was sold to Melissandre by the Brotherhood.  Tormund brings up Jorah's father hunted wildlings.  That gets brought up, but no mention of Arya or Sansa by anyone.  Can't wait for this road trip.  :thumbsdown:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Yeah...he actually did! Larry the lapdog first fell into a puddle and ended up drowning in the Mariana Trench and now he swam/dived all the way to the end of that puddle. He has gained magnificent skills ever since he lost that right hand! No surprise the queen randomly rewards him with blowjobs and cuddling afterwards.

I was actually hoping for a Patchface, or, Squisher Jaime to be introduced. :dunno:

Anything but lapdog Larry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

I guess we should be grateful that they didn't write dialogue like

Gendry: "Oh, I was with 'a girl'"

Jon : "A girl, he? Yeah, I just learned "a girl" lives."

Gendry to Thoros or Beric: "So, what'd you do with a girl?"

Thoros and Beric pointing at the Hound: "A girl ran away with a man here."

Hound looking sheepishly: "A big girl beat me and a girl left me to die."

Bahaha, "let's all go around and share a story about an interesting person we met on our journey. But don't name name guys! It's more fun this way." 

5 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Exactly! And didn't Theon and Jon have some discussion about Sansa when Theon washed up on Dragontone? I only saw clips of that episode, so admittedly I cannot be 100% sure.

Yeah they did. They have literally 2 minutes of screentime together and managed to mention Sansa. Jon and Tyrion managed to discuss Sansa. But apparently, Jon - who in the books can barely go a chapter without thinking about Arya - doesn't give a crap about his little sister.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I see Littlefinger I can't help but ask why he's still alive? What purpose does the character serve? Just have Arya and Sansa kill him already. Also, don't care about their manufactured drama. Don't see the purpose.

Also, the Northern/Vale lords turning on Jon plot-line is lame. They made him the King by universal acclaim --- but I guess because he's not in the North everything changes. Of course, the very single king without an heir is just off wooing the single most eligible bachelorette in the world to save them from the army of the dead (or, for those unbelievers, to save them from her dragon fire), but that's beside the point.

Also, why the hell didn't anyone suggest Jon and Danearys get married? Why do they need to fall in love? It serves both their purposes to get married --- this is feudal culture, let it just be politics. Why wasn't this the first thing they thought when the two very eligible young people met? Let the show be smart for a change instead of this boring, cliched crap.

Also, why didn't they take a dragon to the army of the dead? When you reach the army, how are you going to transport a zombie that is going to try and kill you the entire way back to King's Landing? WHY ARE THEY EVEN DOING THIS?

WHY DO YOU NEED A TRUCE WITH CERSEI?? You have the largest army, and three dragons. Stop listening to Tyrion and just kill her already. Nuke the Red Keep from orbit --- the war is over. Or just settle down to siege it. Cersei is not going anywhere, and she has no army. Have Grey Worm and the Dothraki camp in front of the walls of King's Landing for a few hours while you fly up to the wall with your three dragons and see if this army is actually real.

I feel like I am going crazy -- there has not been a single, logical reason as to why Danearys should not finish the war, and the way the season is stretching this out is some of the worst writing the show has ever seen. 

This whole wheel thing is stupid when you threaten people with a fiery death to serve you.

Lastly, yo Tarly -- Danearys is not a foreigner. Her family ruled Westeros for 300 years --- why are you so loyal to Cersei all of a sudden? She destroyed the Sept of Baelor, killed the High Septon, and usurped the throne. I just don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Jaime is a Merman! Confirmed!

The Manderly Plot Awakens!

Mmmmh....but can a merman still get blowjobs by his sister/queen? Can he give her more children when this one dies?

Anyway - I was expecting Arielle to come to the rescue - or Ursula the witch taking Bronn & Larry hostage down in that deep water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember in the movie Step Brothers when Rob Riggle is talking to Will Farrell and he's like “I don’t know what it is about your face, but I just want to deliver one of these(holding up fist) right in your suck hole?"  That's what I feel every time I see/hear D&D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the leaked script for this episode, Sansa is supposed to have a moment's pause and almost be tempted by the offer of being QITN, which Arya alone notices. I am pretty sure none of the viewers see this flicker of temptation in Sansa. Instead we get Arya the mindreader accusing Sansa of it. Well, it doesn't matter any which way they show it, the whole WF storyline has jumped the shark. Creepyfinger is lurking around WF to get two teenage sisters to fight and the omniscient Bran could care less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tarly switch might happen for Aegon so DnD tried to incorporate that and decided that Faith was not important. It’s not like Lannister soldiers actually follow that...amrite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it kind of crazy that there are a lot of people online who are saying that Arya was right to want the lords beheaded because "the punishment for treason is death." I guess they missed how killing someone just for criticizing you is the mark of a tyrant (Joffrey, anyone?). Sansa shut them down pretty effectively, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mikeygigs said:

WHY DO YOU NEED A TRUCE WITH CERSEI?? You have the largest army, and three dragons.

Yeah, everything you said, but especially this. The whole season is contrived around the nonsense that she'd squander her advantage for no reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, teej6 said:

In the leaked script for this episode, Sansa is supposed to have a moment's pause and almost be tempted by the offer of being QITN, which Arya alone notices. I am pretty sure none of the viewers see this flicker of temptation in Sansa. Instead we get Arya the mindreader accusing Sansa of it. Well, it doesn't matter any which way they show it, the whole WF storyline has jumped the shark. Creepyfinger is lurking around WF to get two teenage sisters to fight and the omniscient Bran could care less.

OR MAYBE

 

He knows how it will turn out and realizes that he does not need to intervene just yet..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pandean said:

I REALLY REALLY want to slap Arya. Like, IDK if it was just me but she was a really big bitch to Sansa and I believe Sansa handled the lords really well. IDK, she reminded me of Season 1 when she was stabbing her knife into a table when she was angry. Like, IDK why people say Arya would've done better as LAdy of Winterfell when she talked of taking heads and just...ugh.

At least the show is being consistent with Arya as a coldhearted, psychopathic barely-human.

But I think the idea is that she's Team Jon. Because "Remember Season One?"

Waaaay back when Arya had feelings, Jon was her favorite sibling, maybe her favorite person. There's residual Jon-love beneath her murderousness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bosfan said:

Why do they need Cersei actually???? In time that passed in this episode Dany could have defeated her five times very easily.

Now we saw that Randyll turncloacking was pretty daft... he had no arguments except xenophobia.

They don't need her, but Dany refuses to fight the NK unless Cersei does the same because she still wants the Iron Throne, so they have to venture on the dumbest mission in the entire series. 

How was it daft? She was a foreigner who was spouting her usual "I am the messiah" crap while being backed by people who have such wonderful cultural traditions such as a khal sharing his khaleesi with his bloodriders and killing at least three of their own at weddings for fun. The Dothraki were unambiguously evil when Dany burned them alive, but now that Randyll doesn't want them as his neighbors, he's being xenophobic? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Blue-Eyed Wolf said:

Gendry was the best thing the only good thing about the episode, but looses points for lack of Arya mention.

Show!Arya is just unhinged.  Did she really suggest beheading people as an appropriate response to "insulting" Jon?  That whole conflict was based on the flimsiest of reasons, because Sansa reasserted publically that Jon is king.  And she could have just taken the North too if she wanted.  She had the support of the Northern lords plus the Vale.  But she's supposed to be ruthlessly ambitious right?  I don't know what to make of LF's plan to plant Sansa's letter in his own room.  Doesn't that make himself also a target for Arya?  What was that bribery of that female servant for?  Arya's the worst spy ever if LF knew all the exact moments she was watching him.  Why not use some of that FM training and disguise herself as a servant?         

Jon has zero reaction to leaning Arya and Bran are alive.  He showed more emotion at petting a dragon.  

Davos very casually mentions Tyrion killed his son with wildfire, but whatever.  That's in the past, right?

Eastwatch scenes were so underwhelming for such a fanservicey cast ensemble.  Mostly nothing but meaningless bickering, except for Gendry mentioning he was sold to Melissandre by the Brotherhood.  Tormund brings up Jorah's father hunted wildlings.  That gets brought up, but no mention of Arya or Sansa by anyone.  Can't wait for this road trip.  :thumbsdown:  

Book Arya isn't unhinged?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Sheepius said:


Rhaegar's annulment & secret marriage being shouted over about 15.000 shits by a maester, not so much.
 

That was a backhanded wink for those in-the-know. Normal people will be surprised in a week or two when they Sam says, "Wait a minute...Rhaegar? Where have I heard that name before? Gilly, to the scrolls!"

In-the-knowers must suffer through it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×