[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

1 hour ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

I wrote this elsewhere, but I gotta say, I was impressed with Randyll's spot-on impression of your average Trump supporter.

Like, "Yeah, Cersei may have killed the Westerosi Pope and she may have been involved in a bit of domestic terrorism, er, sorry, freedom of speech, and she lets his own brother grab her by the (Bad) Pussy, but at least she's not a DIRTY FOREIGNER!" 

Oh, and like your average Trump/GOP stooge, Randyll is perfectly a-okay with taking old people's healthcare and letting them drink poison instead. 

Oh, oh, and also, like most Trump supporters, Randyll doesn't know the first thing about geography. "At least Cersei was born in Westeros." Is Dragonstone not a part of Westeros anymore?

I had a good laugh, lol

I don't even know where to begin... 

everything was wrong with this. 

Jorah.. what the fuck was that for?

gendry?! So Davos has such strong feelings for this kid he spent a few days in a dungeon with that he's the first person he thinks about when they need recruits? And what happened to this person? He has never seen Robert in his life but he embraced the Baratheon blood better than Daenerys her dragon blood. Look, I wield a warhammer too! Hi, I'm a Baratheon! And really? This old man who helped me escape shows up and invites me somewhere and I throw down my work tools and go with him that instant? Why? And why make the rowing joke? Why? Did you write this script off twitter? Every goddamn line has to be fanservice? 

And speaking of. I know every goddamn scene and every goddamn line before it happens. I'm bran. Or Littlefinger. Or both.  Why is this shit so fucking predictable and when it isn't predictable, why is it so goddamn awful? Your grace, should I bring you something? And in that instant you know. And by the time she puts her hand on her stomach you have scratched your nails raw on the wall. WHY. 

And where the fuck is Missandei? And Grey Worm? And Euron? And Yara? And Theon? Let's kill the first and the last two and we have less plot to worry about, shall we? 

And bran... kid, for an all knowing seer, it's difficult to get more useless than he is. And ARYA. GODDAMN ARYA. Who trained to be a ninja for a year and survived being stabbed and had lying and sneaking and face changing and other - I quote - "cool skills" (do the actors have any idea about their plot at all?) taught to her and Littlefinger fools her around in her own fucking home and she takes the bait?  Is this intentional? That the Starks are as stupid and as useless as they had been in season 1? Because if it is, it's brilliant, but I can't get rid of this itch in back that tells me the writers think they are all super skilled badasses. 

And that plan?!?! Hah, we are winning again. / Okay, but wait, let's split our focus now to give the enemy time to recover and strike again. /Yeah, great! /And, I have another idea! Why don't WE do them a favor too? And make them conscious of a problem the recognition of which is good PR with the people? / Yeah... but I kinda wanna get laid and you're proposing both my admirers go away? / yeah, I know, but we're doing the enemy a favor here! / yeah.. okay. Let's do it. 

HOW is this beneficial for anybody on Daenerys's side? Tyrion is a bloody idiot. And a whining selfish hypocrite. And Varys is hypocrite too. Mister, you sent assassins after a pregnant girl. Daenerys was an asshole but she played fair in her own terms. She offered a choice, people made it, she made the consequence happen. God I hate Tyrion. He's worse than he's ever been and I thought he couldn't be worse than he was in adwd. 

And then meeting Jaime. So how exactly did he get hold of Bronn? And when did the You tried to shoot down my queen, your queen tried to roast me conversation take place? 

And it's so infuriating to watch Sam having to climb a career ladder all over again and I can totally understand he is sick of this shit and I'm thinking why isn't he out yet? And then he goes rogue in the restricted section after curfew and Snape doesn't catch him and he says goodbye to the hogwarts crest and sneaks out with Ron and Hermione because he is brave and ambitions and wants to achieve great things instead of reading about them. Because that's the only thing that makes people cool and interesting and enjoyable. Being brave and ambitious. Everybody else can go die. But in the midst of this highly unpredictable twist of scenario, Sam once again ignored Hermione when she was saying something important. Because this refine Sam, who is brave and ambitious has no regard for books and knowledge anymore, he just wants to save the world and is only interested in stuff that serves his own purpose. All hail to the refined and badass Sam. 

And now that Harry left hogwarts to find the way to defeat Voldemort, it's time for the fellowship to assamble behind the rightful king of gondor and his dead-man-defying sword to a sample of lava from mount doom and bring to denethor to make him understand the throne doesn't belong to him and defeating Voldemort is more important anyways. So he leaves for Mordor with Gandalf and his flaming staff, tom Bombadil with a flask, Beor or Hounor, Gimli and his war hammer and Legolas, his bff who he knew his girl crush and saw him come back from the dead.

And then there's that ridiculous scene in which you know the guards are going down but you have to watch Davos for five minutes trying to... fill screen time?... before they finally go down. Why. And why bring up Davos's son? At least why now? 

Oh god his show. Can I please travel to wherever salladhor Saan is and listen to crappy pirate jokes for 56 minutes instead? Would be much better. 

10 hours ago, AryaUnderfoot33 said:

Um, how the hell did Gendry and Jon not mention Arya??? Gendry talks about Ned, who he spoke to for all of 3 minutes but apparently forgets he spent what, months, years with Jon's little sister? And then the Hound and the Brotherhood don't mention her either? Jesus christ, you've got literally every living character who Arya travelled with in Westeros together and her name doesn't even pop up? (Except Hot Pie, who I assume was excluded because he actually likes talking about Arya). 

LOL  That is a good point, about the only peeps going beyond the Wall who didn't know Arya were Jorah and Tormund.  Hot Pie being excluded because he likes talking about Arya, LOL

10 hours ago, joaozinm said:

I just hope the book doesnt go into this "annulment" thing...

the daeneerys curisioty about "stab in the heart" is bothering me too.

Now I'm hearing Jack Sparrow:  Stab the heart..........live forever?  LOL

6 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

They have very good writers... if you look who wrote each episode you actually see a correlation with excellent episodes and ones with flaws. 

Who are these excellent writers? D&D? IIRC, the last couple of seasons have been mostly written by D&D (bad pussy calibre hacks) or Cogman. I thought Hill did an okay job with the material he had. He has to write in wight hunt, breaker of wheels Dany burning prisoners, teen sisters fight, Larry and Carol's tragic love story, Larry, Carol, and Bronn's plot armor, etc. I mean wight hunt could have been much worse. It's still bad of course but at least it's St. Tyrion (now bad strategist Tyrion) who suggested it. All D&D and the majority of viewers care about is Dragons, badass characters, soapish drama, and shock and awe. 

10 hours ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Yeah...he actually did! Larry the lapdog first fell into a puddle and ended up drowning in the Mariana Trench and now he swam/dived all the way to the end of that puddle. He has gained magnificent skills ever since he lost that right hand! No surprise the queen randomly rewards him with blowjobs and cuddling afterwards.

Wait, wait that reminds me of my Nitpick from last night.

Once Jaime was back in KL, I noticed.........he still had the Golden Hand.  It's bad enough the sink to the bottom of the sea, errr river, didnt' kill him.....but the dead weight of the hand made it, too?

Ugh, I miss Golden Hand the Just. 

Considering all the built in problems at this point this wasn't the worst episode of the season. However, the Gilly "a-null-ment" line was so cringe worthy. It was so on the nose. The writers are so bad that they really can't think of any better ways to deliver Sam's research discoveries without stupid, hammy, totally un-nuanced reading it aloud to the audience.

Also the annulment idea is really stupid in general. Don't know if GRRM is going this route too. But it pushes L+R=J from a cool plot point into ridiculous fan fiction.

"Due to a super secret annulment that nobody knows about, you are actually the legitimate son of the dead prince!"

I'm sorry but that belongs in Princess Diaries 4, not GoT. Also WTF is the point of a secret annulment. Isn't the whole idea making sure it's official and documented with the appropriate governing body?

Finally, the entire plot right now is built around two unbelievable and entirely contrived plot points that are extremely forced:

1. That Dany hasn't taken out Cersei

2. That in a world of teleporting armies, the White walkers have been marching on the wall for years, never getting any closer.

Neither of these is credible in the least and it only exists because the writers are very very bad at pacing out their narratives.

Long time lurker forgive the low post count (as many as the surviving Lanns army)... Bad day, need to rant...

I'm getting bored of minorish characters being reintroduced to be horribly and or pointlessly killed off? Tarly's (+army), Sandsnakes (+any viable links to Dorne now), Tyrell's (+entire army), Frey's... My hopes aren't high for those going beyond the wall...

What's with the 'it took 3 episodes for me to get anywhere' to 'look it look less than three scenes for me to traverse the length of Westeros' time jump. Did Qyburn invent teleportation?

I know it had to be so obvious for non-book readers but Gilly the 'silly' of the Seemingly Insignificant Information, Sam the 'convenient' of Encyclopedia Westerosica and Bran the Plot Device of Weirwood.net are making this exposition of info slow and painful...

I knew this series was going to be setting up the epic death fest that will be season 8 but come on, we have two eps left... i think this one was the slowest of the lot...

It's getting insane now. And not in a good way.

I like  to see the attempts at plot building, reminds me a bit of the older seasons (assuming it pays off later on). 

Happy to see LF scheming again and actually doing something. Happy to see Gendry back and Davos as a comic relief is alright. Since Tyrion is now just moody all the time, the Davos thing kinda had to happen. Still like Bronn interacting with Jamie.

Danny is just annoying. I am going to break the wheel but if you don't agree with me I will kill you. That's not breaking the wheel. She seems to be more of the same. The sexual tension building between her and Jon is just not genuine and feels rushed. Doesn't make sense in my mind.

Cersei is pregnant, stupid. Just stupid. 

They are going to capture a white walker and bring it down to King's Landing? Oh FFS, that's the stupidest thing ever. Dany's had enough with the "Clever Plans" last episode but now she is going to listen to them? Why? Why would Dany even do this, doesn't make sense. The whole plan doesn't make sense. 

What's interesting to me is that we now have a timeline working almost together with two different POV characters. Arguably the time Jamie got back to the caste and when Jon got a raven from Bran about the White Walkers is roughly the same. At that time Cersei knew she was pregnant which means she is about 2 months along. Maybe a month and a half-ish. So now the time it takes Jon to sail up to Eastwatch (BTW, why didn't Euron know he was sailing out and kill him. Euron has known about everyone else sailing about and destroyed the boats, but not this time?) then catch a WW (somehow...) bring it back down to the wall, sail back to Dany, schedule a time to meet Cersei, go to the castle to meet Cersei, she should be ready to pop out a kid soon. Or at least really showing. Be interesting if the writers actually do that or they just don't care about time anymore. 

I can't stand the whole annulment thing either, seems like a weird way to reveal that. I also don't get why legitimizing Jon is such a big deal right now but I assume that will pay off later. Also, they are really stretching out this Jon Targaryen thing. Move it along. 

Sam picks random things off the shelf, of course he picked important things I am sure....

The list can go on for a while ...

Wouldn't it just be easier to send some Cersei decides to believe and have them SEE the Army of Darkness?  I realize she is paranoid, but have her pick the person (IE Jaime).  This troll in a box... err wight in a cage plan is silly, just to have beloved character xxxxx be a zombie.  Jorah I guess, but Hound would work here.

D&D and their checklist of forum rants.  It is better to shrug and ignore these dropped plotlines than to fumble through tying them up with bad writing.

I heard the Night's Watch has switched to wearing colors since the rest of the realm now wears black exclusively. The star bellied sneetches sold them a device which will transform their blacks to floral prints.

Dany has routinely murdered and kidnapped people who have come to negotiate with her.  Now add murdering people who surrender to her.  They are prisoners and should be treated as such until the war is over.  I hope they setting her up to be a horrid ruler.

The Jon/Drogon scene would have been more impactful with Dany witnessing the Rhaeger dragon interact with Jon.  It would have tied nicely with the secret wedding video Gilly found.

The Council of Eastwatch Prison scene should have been given 10 minutes that was given to montages of poop and Urine smirking.  That is a huge scene and is leading to hero moments and deaths for several favorite characters (guess, I know no spoilers).

30 minutes ago, S. OF HOUSE STARK said:

Has Jorah seriously not recognised Jon's fancy sword yet...?

Not sure if he could, as the original bear pommel was replaced by the white wolf pommel. But Jon should probably say something, or maybe Jorah will realize it's Longclaw only once Jon reveals the blade.

1 minute ago, Corvinus said:

Not sure if he could, as the original bear pommel was replaced by the white wolf pommel. But Jon should probably say something, or maybe Jorah will realize it's Longclaw only once Jon reveals the blade.

Good point, I forgot he replaced the pommel! I can't imagine that will please Jorah in the slightest. 

6 minutes ago, legba11 said:

The Jon/Drogon scene would have been more impactful with Dany witnessing the Rhaeger dragon interact with Jon.  It would have tied nicely with the secret wedding video Gilly found.

I completely agree with this, but I have feeling at least 90% of the audience would not have made the connection that the green dragon was Rhaegal, and the hint would have been lost on them.

Most stupid part is the Jamie rescue, even more stupid than having Bronn shoot the scorpion twice in field full of Dothrakis that apparently don't care about their queen.

1) Bronn pushes Jamie in the lake by at most a meter and he already fall in what seems the westerosy edition of Mariana Trench.

2) Dany has been attacked by the enemy general and apparently she doesn't care to get him captured but just let them swim away. Even if she cared more for Drogon to bother she would at least mention him later. 

3) Jamie is apparently going down just for the sake of episode cliffhanger. Then after not even getting rid of his armor and golden hand is able to swim for what...a mile?  Probably that is not gold but an inflatable plastic yellow hand-shapen life vest.

4) But swimming away is not unrealistic enough, so actually to make it dumber (probably they are trying to win some prize that I am not aware of here), it is hinted that Bronn just rescued Jamie underwater and then teleported him on the shore a mile away.

The teleporting devices are becoming more and more common in Westeros and also more versatile in use since now they work also underwater...I don't understand why they don't teleport themselves all in Naath to spend life on the beaches fucking Missandei-alike-womans and just leave the shitty westeros to the NK to make his own ice bar.

Archived