[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

15 hours ago, Rhodan said:

Just FYI, Show!Sansa actually doesn´t know that Littlefinger caused the war. Not that it would change much much after season 5 events...

She could guess that he betrayed Ned, but she wouldn't know the particulars. She definitely wouldn't know how Littlefinger helped plunge the realm into debt, plotted to assassinate Bran, "fingered" Tyrion for owning the dagger, sent Ned to discover various of Robert's bastards, and a million little things.

(Bran either knows or could know if he bothered to find out.)

I think it would change things if she knew. She would go from hating and distrusting him to having him executed, I think. 

21 minutes ago, darmody said:

She could guess that he betrayed Ned, but she wouldn't know the particulars. She definitely wouldn't know how Littlefinger helped plunge the realm into debt, plotted to assassinate Bran, "fingered" Tyrion for owning the dagger, sent Ned to discover various of Robert's bastards, and a million little things.

(Bran either knows or could know if he bothered to find out.)

I think it would change things if she knew. She would go from hating and distrusting him to having him executed, I think. 

Yes, I just meant that she has a lot of personal reasons.

Jon keeps talking about the "Army of the Dead" . That dead people come back from the dead as wights. So why the fuck do they need to kidnap a wight from the huge army from far beyond the wall? Wouldn't it be simpler to just drag a damned corpse to the other side of the wall and wait until it wakes up?  Or if it only works on people who die beyond the wall, Dany can just tie Randyll to Drogon, fly there and execute him. PROBLEM SOLVED. But I guess logic is for eighth graders.

10 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Jon keeps talking about the "Army of the Dead" . That dead people come back from the dead as wights. So why the fuck do they need to kidnap a wight from the huge army from far beyond the wall? Wouldn't it be simpler to just drag a damned corpse to the other side of the wall and wait until it wakes up?  Or if it only works on people who die beyond the wall, Dany can just tie Randyll to Drogon, fly there and execute him. PROBLEM SOLVED. But I guess logic is for eighth graders.

They don't simply wake up.  They are raised by the NK.  You'd still end up in the middle of the aod if your cadaver WAS raised.

2 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

They don't simply wake up.  They are raised by the NK.  You'd still end up in the middle of the aod if your cadaver WAS raised.

Well didn't they simply wake up at Castle Black at the start of the series? When Jon burns his hand? Or did the Night King sneak into Castle Black to raise them? Am I missing something?

Has team Danaerys just given up on mobilizing Dorne? At least a Raven? 

Why hasn't she burned Euron's fleet with a dragon already? They don't have any defense. 

I am beginning to suspect Tyrion has a deep psychological motivation to save and protect Lannisters to atone for killing his own father. Clearly the logical advise as hand would have been: Attack the red keep with dragon, kill Cersei. Kill Jaime at the battle of the wagon train not allow him to escape by using magic boots of swimming and + 5 Mithril armor. He seems to be working hard to keep them alive. :wacko:

And what was that "capture a wight" plan again? Cuz the way I heard it seemed absolutely ridiculous and I know Tyrion is brilliant so I'm confused.  

Sigh. 

21 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Well didn't they simply wake up at Castle Black at the start of the series? When Jon burns his hand? Or did the Night King sneak into Castle Black to raise them? Am I missing something?

No, he didn't. He was planted outside the gate by the NK in an attempt to assassinate Mormont.  NK raised him once he was inside.

Just now, Deminelle said:

Samwell never said where he was going, did he?

I don't think so, but as a Brother of the Night's Watch, I would assume he would be heading back to the Wall. It was Jon, as Lord Commander, that sent him to Oldtown to become a maester, but again, we do not know for sure.

16 hours ago, Lot Seven said:

That annulment... Seriously?! That was such a big thing, and I appreciate someone stumbling over it by accident... But not like this?! 

And I really hope LF has some genius, logical plan up his sleeve!

This is a world where the crown prince was born and died soon after.  And no one knew...

16 hours ago, Ninerings said:

I forgot about this guy. Funny stuff. (Holly Macaroni and Preston's videos are my weekly go tos also....)

https://imgur.com/a/jbg1r

A ton of sexy bricks... hahahaha... I have such a man crush on Jaime.

14 hours ago, Illiterati said:

14 hours ago, SweetPea said:

14 hours ago, Illiterati said:

No, he didn't. He was planted outside the gate by the NK in an attempt to assassinate Mormont.  NK raised him once he was inside.

6 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Ahh, so he can raise them from a distance? That explains it, thanks.

I'm guessing here, but using show evidence, LOL

I think the show was going with some book facts originally when it came to the wights.  IIRC, wights SHOULDN'T be able to move in the daylight.  That is how, in the books, the NW were able to pick up those wights they brought to Castle Black.  They were already wighted, but in the sun...........they seem to lose power, all power, and just drop like dead bodies.  In the books and show, originally, it was night wasn't it, when they awoke and went after Jeor and company.  It's been as the seasons continue that the show has seemed to drop all reasoning on what the hell the rules are for the wights.  But that first season, it seems they went with the book rules.  Right now, I have no idea what the rules are in the show.  Although.......I always notice and mumble about the wights up in the daylight.  The only way that happens in the books is with the clouds of snow and storm that they or The Others seem to bring.  But.......they shouldn't be mobile in the sun. 

58 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I'm guessing here, but using show evidence, LOL

I think the show was going with some book facts originally when it came to the wights.  IIRC, wights SHOULDN'T be able to move in the daylight.  That is how, in the books, the NW were able to pick up those wights they brought to Castle Black.  They were already wighted, but in the sun...........they seem to lose power, all power, and just drop like dead bodies.  In the books and show, originally, it was night wasn't it, when they awoke and went after Jeor and company.  It's been as the seasons continue that the show has seemed to drop all reasoning on what the hell the rules are for the wights.  But that first season, it seems they went with the book rules.  Right now, I have no idea what the rules are in the show.  Although.......I always notice and mumble about the wights up in the daylight.  The only way that happens in the books is with the clouds of snow and storm that they or The Others seem to bring.  But.......they shouldn't be mobile in the sun. 

It's got to be cold and indeed the sun blocked some way (night, blizzard).

Another thing that doesn't match up with wights: in the books they don't use or carry weapons in the on-page scenes with them. There is only the one time that a headless wight accidentally ended up having his hand around the ranger's dagger, and like muscle memory pulled it out and planted it in the black brother's gut. They just strangle or disembowel someone with their bare hands otherwise. It's something to watch out for with the upcoming episode: whether they carry swords, spears, etc and fight with them. But they're not intelligent tool using beings, except muscle memory reflexes. 

Dragonglass is useless against wights. D&D confirmed that they deviate from that. They're very easily destroyed by fire though. Just stuff glowing charcoal in their mouth and the blue light goes out.

Archived