[SPOILERS] What did you love about this episode?

Wolves Die Young

5 minutes ago, Infeth said:

she could adapt to anybody, live in any place and use people's motivation to get what she wants, protect those she loves and destroy her ennemies.

You couldn't expect that from Arya, she has no experience of plotting, rulling or politics in general, she'd just cut her banners' head.

I'd say they both have their weapons, but I have always been more interested in intellect than strength, that is why I don't like Jon for example, who is unable to deal with many ennemies of different importance or to accept to be advised.

Are you playing a joke?  Sansa can "adapt to anybody and live in any place?"  Gurlfriend.  Are you baiting me?  Sansa has refused food more than she has cooked anything.  Recall the platter of feast Shay was setting down for her?  Begging her to eat even her favorite lemoncakes?

Can Sansa make a fire?  Can she sleep in the wilderness?  She almost perished when Theon made her cross the river. 

When you say she can "protect those she loves and destroy her enemies" do you mean calling some other LOWER person with a sword to do it?  And WHY are they doing it other than her name is Stark?

You MUST be here as a troll lurker.  :P

Arya's "cut of their head" was a bit ridiculous.  I am not sure even if she was joking with Sansa or trying to make a point of "stop being wishy-washy".

You say Sansa has weapons, but what are they?  You say it is her intellect, but if her last name was "Flake" who would be listening to her or asking her for anything?

Lastly, I really despise that she obtained these "gifts" of being a politician from someone she then almost HAD murdered.  Notice I didn't say SHE almost murdered him........... she brought her SLAVE with her to do it on command.  How is she different from Cersei?  Remember Cersei did the same thing to LF when she commanded the slave goldcloaks to cut his throat then said "oh wait, stop".  If she wasn't the Queen, no one would be cutting anyone at her command.

In Name Only

1 minute ago, goomba said:

I loved that my suspicion that the Dothraki had no trouble against the Lannister army was confirmed :o

Thank you for bringing that up.  It's been a long time since the Dothraki got props for being warriors.  Jaime even says in plain words they were the best he has ever seen.  For the longest time they were just hanging out and not much was shown about them....... they were becoming caricatures. 

I tried to start a thread about WHERE ARE THE UNSULLIED??  Many of them are still in Casterly Rock or on the move to somewhere.  I can't imagine them just being forgotten.  Unsullied combined with the Dothraki and dragons, I cannot see even the Sellswords coming and being a real opposition to that.

35 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Thank you for bringing that up.  It's been a long time since the Dothraki got props for being warriors.  Jaime even says in plain words they were the best he has ever seen.  For the longest time they were just hanging out and not much was shown about them....... they were becoming caricatures. 

I tried to start a thread about WHERE ARE THE UNSULLIED??  Many of them are still in Casterly Rock or on the move to somewhere.  I can't imagine them just being forgotten.  Unsullied combined with the Dothraki and dragons, I cannot see even the Sellswords coming and being a real opposition to that.

No, thank you for being awesome! :D

Yes, the Dothraki, The Iron Islanders, The Unsullied, and even the Dragons have all looked like sh!t in some of the previous seasons. I am glad that this season they have at least improved greatly on these 4 things and are doing them justice.  

I too, hope we get to see the Unsullied return, these unwavering legionnaires combined with the endless sea of Dothraki cavalry, and 3 adult dragons.makes Dany in charge of the most powerfui military that ever set foot on Westerosi soil in the history of Planetos

i cant imagine a sellsword company that would even take up the offer, unless they were planning to switch sides. :ph34r:

if its the Golden Company then i can definitely see them doing that since a number of them would just be happy to be back in Westeros. :D 

48 minutes ago, goomba said:

if its the Golden Company then i can definitely see them doing that since a number of them would just be happy to be back in Westeros. :D 

Wasn't Golden Company originally Blackfyre................lol bastard Targaryens trying to take over other Targaryens?  That would be so stupid to then still be fighting Targaryens again centuries later.  But no one would know that and they would never say that on the show.

What if the show brings the Golden Company Lysono Maar from the books LMFAO and Arianne back from an alternate reality where Dorne existed.

2 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Thats right. She has seen Sansa's petulance and lack of integrity from a very early age so she can recognize it now very easily. Sansa may fool many, but she's not fooling her sister.

And regarding what is she fooling her? That she can't just chop off people's heads. Sansa is doing excellent job in leading the North, whereas Arya's approach is rather idiotic. I am sorry, but telling that Arya has a point in that conversation is a whole new level of Sansa hate :D

God...  nothing. 

There were one or two scenes I enjoyed but the word love is strong even for those.

I liked Jon petting Drogon because I'm a sucker for the dragons. 

And I liked Arya calling Sansa out on being a selfish, powerhungry, conceited, superiority-complex shit, and Sansa calling Arya out on being a mindless animal whose idea of solving problems is killing people. 

And I liked that's Randyll Tarly died the best men in Westeros. Rest In Peace Lord Tarly. Rest In Peace Dickon. 

(And I enjoy the general idea that the starks haven't changed one bit since season 1. I'm not at all sure this is intentional, but I find is so satisfying that the Grand Stark Reunions resulted in no emotional reconnection whatsoever and they are as useless and as divided as they were in season one. *silently gloating*)

oh and I liked the one line about Jon's being short. That was funny. 

*calculating the enjoyable screentime of this episode* 

*results in* 5 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Risto said:

And regarding what is she fooling her? That she can't just chop off people's heads. Sansa is doing excellent job in leading the North, whereas Arya's approach is rather idiotic. I am sorry, but telling that Arya has a point in that conversation is a whole new level of Sansa hate :D

It's not Sansa hate to say Arya had a valid point in that conversation. She did. Arya saw through Sansa. When Lord Glover said "We did not choose you to lead us, my Lady, but perhaps we should have", Arya knew that a part of Sansa was also wishing they'd chosen her to lead instead of Jon.

That doesn't mean Arya thinks Sansa would willingly betray Jon. She doesn't.

The good:

* The raven scene

* Arya getting fooled by LF

* "The big woman?"

* Jon touching Drogon. Maybe he should have talked to him. Big pets like being talked to (At least I think so. Never had one)

* Dany remembering the knife in the heart.

* I know that the maesters at the citadel are meant to be portrayed negatively. I still like the archmaesters style of talking ("I sense a more datailed proposal is forthcoming" "Aaaand?")

It was another great episode from the best show on tv.

My favorite parts were seeing how Sansa has become beloved by the Northern Lords and the Vale.  So much so that they believe she'd be a great ruler for them to follow.  I also liked that she took their compliments and stayed loyal to Jon anyway.

I also loved the way Dany was portrayed as becoming more and more like all the Targ rulers of the past.

I was glad to get Gendry back finally and I loved his having a war hammer instead of a sword.

The Cersie being pregnant was a nice surprise as well.

I was also happy with the way Dany was portrayed when Jon stood up and said he was going to the north and didn't need her permission.  You could just see the feelings Dany has building up when it comes to Jon (she may be full on in love already).

Lots of good stuff in the latest episode.

Archived