Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolves Die Young

[SPOILERS] What did you love about this episode?

Recommended Posts

THE SHOW IS MELTING.

Can anyone else feel it?  For anyone that watched LOST, I feel like there is going to be a Group Hug at the end.  All these poignant moments and Love Alliances and Devastations being set up.

There's going to have to be massive deaths at some point.  Possibly 2 per episode from now on.  Certain people have no place anymore.  Varys is over.  Davos' function is basically over.  There are literally 3 people left in King's Landing. 

Anyone who matters is in the North, at Dragonstone or in King's Landing.  Every other House or Kingdom or Land has been utterly forgotten, wrapped up, destroyed, pillaged or written out.

We will never see Ellaria and her Sand Snake again.  We will never see The Iron Islands again.  There will be VERY brief tie-ups with Eurine, Theon and Asha.

However, all the plots seem to be speeding up or drawn out, characters are lapsing into single dimensions, WHEN DOES DAENERYS HUG ANYONE?, it all seems to be getting cheaper and cheaper with each episode and the important/meaningful moments seem less and less with every episode.  While the budget probably is going up with each one.

Show Is Melting?  Anyone?  Or you could call it Burning.... or crumbling...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

There were a few times I found myself genuinely smiling in this episode. BUT some of those times were simultaneous "YUCK" feeling in my guts.  So I will name them and distinguish:

1) Drogon and Jon.  It was "cool" but still was a saccharine diabetic coma.  And during the moment (if anyone says Drogon "smiled" you will get banned from here) it forced me to begin to hate how long this Jon Targaryen thing is being drawn out.  It's becoming annoying.

2) Gilly reads about "Rag-Ar"'s marriage annulment in Dorne and "replacement" marriage.  This tickled me but then for the same reason above, they are now throwing the most ardent fans easter eggs about this.................. WE DON'T NEED THEM.  That was not for new watchers, they don't know what a "Rag-Ar" is!

3) Arya V Sansa.  THIS WAS A GENUINE MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMG see for everyone that has been upset with me and your hateful messages about my POV toward Sansa, well, Arya just called her out.  Sansa wants power.  She always has.  I thought maybe she had changed from believing herself ABOVE Jon as a "bastard" - she constantly and always referred to him as her "bastard brother" and now she is BEHIND him and doesn't want to be.

OMFG did Arya just tickle the shit out of me with that!

4) Arya V Littlefinger!  Genuine moment(s) because LF is The Best, no one is better.  They had us fooled for a minute, but I knew it was going to happen.  I even paused it when he went around the corner (when Arya was about to sneak into the room) I thought he was smirking.  But it wasn't lol.

I'm so grateful LF is having at least one more game up his  sleeve.  His character deserves it!

 

Yes. Yes. And more Yes. Arya see into her heart and true feelings. It's what she was trained to do. She didn't just pick on Sansa out of nowhere. She has been watching. She watched learned and then addressed the issue. It might seem out of place to some folks but it was just Arya watching seeing and hearing. She was just letting Sansa know "feel however you want to feel, just don't fuck over Jon."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

Yes. Yes. And more Yes. Arya see into her heart and true feelings. It's what she was trained to do. She didn't just pick on Sansa out of nowhere. She has been watching. She watched learned and then addressed the issue. It might seem out of place to some folks but it was just Arya watching seeing and hearing. She was just letting Sansa know "feel however you want to feel, just don't fuck over Jon."

Sister!  I love that was the case.  She learned how to observe and be observant!  I love as much that she's good.... but LF has been doing this a hell of a lot longer..........................

WHAT WAS IN THE VIAL LITTLEFINGER GAVE THAT GIRL IN THE DOG KENNEL?  WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT??  I CAN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING.  I THOUGHT HE WAS TO POISON SANSA BUT IT'S TOO OBVIOUS.  THEN MAYBE IT'S TO POISON ARYA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, pinoyathletics said:

Sam not caring what the Fuck Rhaegars annulment mean as it was in a book about 15,732 shits to the toilet.

Steps. That number was about the steps.

For me, I was happy about Gendry returning and not keeping his identity a secret. Also happy he's as good with a hammer as his father was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

3) Arya V Sansa.  THIS WAS A GENUINE MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMG see for everyone that has been upset with me and your hateful messages about my POV toward Sansa, well, Arya just called her out.  Sansa wants power.  She always has.  I thought maybe she had changed from believing herself ABOVE Jon as a "bastard" - she constantly and always referred to him as her "bastard brother" and now she is BEHIND him and doesn't want to be.

OMFG did Arya just tickle the shit out of me with that!

Iron Mother, I don't have any hate for you or either of the Stark sisters (although neither is one of my favs), but I read the situation completely differently than you did. Arya certainly believed all those things she said about Sansa, but I'm not sure that she is right. Sansa does have to play the clever politician and keep her allies close. If Jon comes back, he'll need them. If he doesn't, she will. What's wrong with thinking that way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Sister!  I love that was the case.  She learned how to observe and be observant!  I love as much that she's good.... but LF has been doing this a hell of a lot longer..........................

WHAT WAS IN THE VIAL LITTLEFINGER GAVE THAT GIRL IN THE DOG KENNEL?  WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT??  I CAN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING.  I THOUGHT HE WAS TO POISON SANSA BUT IT'S TOO OBVIOUS.  THEN MAYBE IT'S TO POISON ARYA!

Was it a vial? I couldn't see what it was. I thought maybe he was giving her something as payment, to set up that scene of someone bringing him the scroll for Arya to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, I prefer summer said:

Was it a vial? I couldn't see what it was. I thought maybe he was giving her something as payment, to set up that scene of someone bringing him the scroll for Arya to see.

I just looked again, I was wrong I think he was paying her a coin or something.  She looked like an informant.

my bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else think "Reunited" by Peaches & Herb should've been the closing credits song?

 

Gendry & Davos

Jorah & Daeny

Tyrion & Jamie

Jon & Tormund

Sam & His Balls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pretty much loved all of it. I'm at the point where Ive made peace with the show.

I loved the Jon and Drogon moment, I cried shamelessly.

I always enjoy Jaime and Bronn scenes together, also the Tyrion and Jaime reunion all be it too short.

Happy to see Jorah back and Gendry. Especially loved the final moments with all the legends at Eastwatch.

I guess the only thing that irked me somewhat was Sam ignoring Gilly's Rhag- arrrr bomb.

Was nice to not see Missandei this ep actually.  

Cersei is preggers wtaf ?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

I just looked again, I was wrong I think he was paying her a coin or something.  She looked like an informant.

my bad

Was the girl in the stable not Alys Karstark?  It seemed like Arya was spying Baelish meeting w several Northern Lords.  

Not to mention how happy Arya will be to see Gendry - perhaps a romance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Old Blue Eyes said:

Was the girl in the stable not Alys Karstark?  It seemed like Arya was spying Baelish meeting w several Northern Lords.  

Not to mention how happy Arya will be to see Gendry - perhaps a romance?

Alys was a redhead and that girl was blonde so no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Sister!  I love that was the case.  She learned how to observe and be observant!  I love as much that she's good.... but LF has been doing this a hell of a lot longer..........................

WHAT WAS IN THE VIAL LITTLEFINGER GAVE THAT GIRL IN THE DOG KENNEL?  WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT??  I CAN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING.  I THOUGHT HE WAS TO POISON SANSA BUT IT'S TOO OBVIOUS.  THEN MAYBE IT'S TO POISON ARYA!

I don't know.....hmmm I'll have to watch again. it was a nice set up for the last two upcoming episodes. I was able to enjoy this entire season thus far because it's move so far beyond the books and I don't have to keep comparing the two in my head. I can actually just watch and enjoy,

But back to the vial. He's such a damn troll. I hate his guts. I can't wait to see Arya kill him, I know that is how he comes it his sticky end. It has to be. He's been a thorn in the Starks side since they met the rat bastard.

Arya can smells certain poisons! remember her blind training in the HoBaW. I know there are some poisons that are tasteless and odorless but she also drank from that black pool too. so might be that she gained an immunity from certain poisons from ingesting the water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, I prefer summer said:

Iron Mother, I don't have any hate for you or either of the Stark sisters (although neither is one of my favs), but I read the situation completely differently than you did. Arya certainly believed all those things she said about Sansa, but I'm not sure that she is right. Sansa does have to play the clever politician and keep her allies close. If Jon comes back, he'll need them. If he doesn't, she will. What's wrong with thinking that way?

It could be right, who knows.

What I DO know is Sans does "like nice things" and she doesn't want to earn them.  And she also is heavily putting to use her "politician" face very heavily.......... and she learned everything she knows about that from someone she loathes for inappropriate reasons.

Arya's calling out of Sansa was revelatory because even I (someone who has honestly called out Sansa) really thought she may have changed.  But her sister knows her very well.  Someone's "core" never changes.  A Rose does not become a Lilly.  It only ever opens and expands further into what it IS.

Sansa has been coveting Winterfell, power and ruling over others since her Ramsey trauma began to wear off.  Sorry, but, as soon as she dispensed Ramsey in all that gore of his dogs, she was up and prancing around Winterfell with the Direwolf on her attire like it was Brand Nike (victory) and ready to start giving orders.  She immediately clashes with Jon over wanting to destroy ancient houses while he says they need to preserve them, and it went from there.

I don't think she cares if Jon comes back -- EVER.  I also think she views Arya as a threat because it's just another STARK who might be able to exert power over the "slave houses" around them.  She isn't too worried about Bran because she's sure Bran doesn't want anything Winterfell.  She's clear on the idea he wants no power or authority.  I believe she doesn't care if Bran is insane, a prophet, a cripple or a Stark so long as the remaining Stark Male does not wish to challenge  her rule of Winterfell.

Harsh?  You bet.  Arya brought all of this to the fore in my head.  She called that shit true.  Sansa is Lady Deadheart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved every word that came out of Tormund's mouth! 

"Isn't it your job to talk him out of stupid fucking ideas like this?"

"How many queens are there now? And you need to convince the one with the dragons, or the one who fucks her brother?"

"How many men did you bring? And the big woman?" LMAO! Anybody else shipping Tormund and Brienne?

After Davis says he'll be staying back because he's a liability out there: "You are."

And the way he just growled at Jonah after their testy exchange about Jeff Mormont!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Anyone else think "Reunited" by Peaches & Herb should've been the closing credits song?

 

Gendry & Davos

Jorah & Daeny

Tyrion & Jamie

Jon & Tormund

Sam & His Balls

yes and vomit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, I prefer summer said:

Iron Mother, I don't have any hate for you or either of the Stark sisters (although neither is one of my favs), but I read the situation completely differently than you did. Arya certainly believed all those things she said about Sansa, but I'm not sure that she is right. Sansa does have to play the clever politician and keep her allies close. If Jon comes back, he'll need them. If he doesn't, she will. What's wrong with thinking that way?

Because you know, wanting power is bad when you suffered power all your life. Because she is a woman too, because she has a proud and noble attitude that bothers ugly losers like Arya, and because she is hated since the beginning because of this stupid wolves stuff.

When Littlefinger wants power, he is the best, everyone admire his talent for plotting, but when Sansa wants power, she is a bitch who wants Jon's seat. Pull yourself together, he is not even a true Stark, only by his mother, and he has 0 talent for ruling, he is just a Eddard bis, but hey, Eddard's head is still rolling! :D I wish I was confortable enough with english to say what I think about him but I'm not, that's frustrating! :angry2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, I prefer summer said:

I loved every word that came out of Tormund's mouth! 

"Isn't it your job to talk him out of stupid fucking ideas like this?"

"How many queens are there now? And you need to convince the one with the dragons, or the one who fucks her brother?"

"How many men did you bring? And the big woman?" LMAO! Anybody else shipping Tormund and Brienne?

After Davis says he'll be staying back because he's a liability out there: "You are."

And the way he just growled at Jonah after their testy exchange about Jeff Mormont!

 

I will Ship Tormund/Brienne.  That's an appropriate Ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×