[Poll] How would you rate episode 705?

Ran

How would you rate episode 705?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

7/10

Bronn is great. Loved his spiel at the beginning. 

I'm not sure why I feel the way I do about Daenerys burning Randall & Dickon. I had much the same feeling as Tyrion but they were enemies & she did give them a choice. It just seems much more humane to hang them or behead them. 

Jaime & Tyrion's meeting sucked. I think they should have spent a little more time on that. 

I really thought I wouldn't like the Dany/Jon falling in love thing but they are actually doing a really good job of conveying it to us without shoving it in our faces. 

I hooray'ed when Jorah got back. 

Gendry/Davos/Jon scene was decent. Davos - "No one mind me, I'm just over here living to a ripe old age" or something like that. Hilarious. 

Rhaegar & Lyanna were married!! So Jon Snow is officially not a bastard & officially the eldest living Targaryen. Wonder what Dany will think of that. 

The Jon/Drogon scene was superb! I never understand people who say Kit is a terrible actor. I think he is phenomenal! 

I generally enjoyed the episode. I giggled a few times & felt like the plot moved nicely. 

But Littlefinger! That sneaky jerk!! I really, really hope Jon gets back & regulates his sisters. He's out preaching to anyone that will listen that they are on the same side he can't have his siblings/cousins back at home fighting. I really hope things don't play out like it looks. It won't be very satisfactory for LF to play yet another game with the Stark family & come out on top. What is he trying to do anyway? I understand he is trying to create dischord between the Stark siblings but he is going to end up getting Sansa killed. I love Arya but I do not think she is above murdering her sister if she feels like she is threatening her pack. 

Edited by Lyanna<3Rhaegar

1 minute ago, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

I'm curious as to how many show only people picked up on how big of a reveal that was.  I'm the only person I know who reads GoT or watches the show.  I loved it because I'm a big fan that Jon is legit, but I honestly don't know if it blunt enough for people not well steeped in R+L

I agree. My mom, sister, & sister in law all watch the show but have never read the books. I would almost guarantee when I talk to them tomorrow they will have missed it completely. 

8/10 is fair.

Some stuff that needed to happen, happened.  Things are moving.

Opening scene was so lame though - good job it happened first up, so you could forget it a bit.

Don't like these off-screen discussions between Qyburn & Cersei at all...

Cersei's pregnant?  Who saw that coming?

Gendry is going north?   You should be on Dragonstone making dragon-armour mate!!

Gave it a 3.

The show has completely lost any inner logic.

The Winterfell plot is as bad and predictable as the Dorne plot. LF is already dead, what a waste of a character.

All the META jokes about Gendry, Stannis etc. just make me cringe. Also Gendry's hammer looks fake like and weightless like a toy...

Jonerys is already irritating the way they try to milk it. "Look at them getting to know each other! DO YOU SEE IT!!! THIS IS ROMAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!!"

Bronn and Jaime was total plot armor bs. They should have been at least been captured for randsom or something.

Sam is just going to learn whatever he needs to learn ONLY when the writers need it... <_<

Ghost might aswell be dead if they are not going to ever show him again.

The Fast-Travel in this episode was OVER 9000! Who needs horses amiright?!?

9 out of 10 for me

The pros

1. Acting throughout the cast it amazing. CGI, setting, dialogue, and set pieces are amazing. I'm still shocked how life-like those dragons look like considering that this is only a TV show. Watching other TV series or even movies, dragons don't look as good.
  2. Plot moved very nicely. Obviously, the passage of time has always been an issue considering the fact that they have limited time but they did it wonderfully here. The fact that Sam says that Bran survived in the north for years tells you that it's been a long time. It's hard to notice it sometimes without time stamps. I feel like I had to mention it considering some whiners in this forum keep bringing it up 
  3. More hints for characters regarding Jon's bloodline is given to us. The marriage being annulled, Drogon which has taken a liking to Jon.
  4. THANK GOD! Someone is actually trying to  show proof of the undead. This is one of those moments where you don't actually try to gouge out your eyes because of the stupidity of characters. 
  5. Cersei finally coming to the realization that Tyrion was not guilty.
  6. I know Jon and Dany are related but they do match very well. 
  7. The Drogon and Jon meeting was SUPERB.  
  8. The gang is back together. Jon, Jorah, Davos, Tormund, Hound.... This is gonna be great! Is this the A-Team? 
  9. Littlefinger, dude is smart and cunning enough to even fool assassins. clearly, we haven't seen enough the end of him. I can't see how the show can sustain for another season if all the fighting is with the dead. There needs to be more villains. Cersei is the villain of this season but I have a feeling Littlefinger will be the last.
  10. With Dickon dead, clearly it's up to Sam to take it upon himself to rule and lead his house. He will probably help unite the reach to follow Jon.
  11. Characters all contributing in ways that feel authentic. Davos can sneak Tyrion in. Tyrion can relate to his brother Jamie. Jon can lead the wilding. Jorah represents Dany. 

The cons

1. Varys seems to be less and less important. 
  2. Arya and Sansa. I GET IT! Stupid sibling rivalry fueled by Littlefinger. It's getting old! I hope it moves or resolves soon. 
  3. Genry? Why is he back again? It was nice to see him but I don't understand why? Is he suppose to go off with Arya or Sansa? The whole conversation regarding their two houses felt like a callback regarding marriage between their houses.
  4. The reveal regarding Jon's bloodline with Sam and Ginny. We book readers and hardcore viewers can obviously get it but the casual people will clearly miss it. They should have made it a bit more clear. Pronounce the names correctly or get Sam to acknowledge it fully.
  5. The north-men crying about Jon not being there. It's like they forgot that he went to meet the Queen to get supplies to fight the dead.  Littlefinger better be behind this because it's getting annoying. 

9/10 

3/10 on a first viewing since it was a sketchy set up episode. My least favorite episode on a first viewing by far.

This one felt rushed and very flat. I'm hoping they've set up incredible plots and scenes and this was just an awkward stumbling block to get there but between the rapid fire hopping around, the main characters bumping into eachother non stop, and the kind of ridiculous plan they have it feels a little off. If the story plays out strongly then its the kind of episode that will in retrospect be fine and more of a 5 or a 6, or if it is a mess will mark a decline.

While the winterfell story is weird, I do like the idea of Baelish recalculating to deal with the Starks, again if his plans prove interesting this is a cool setup. Why is the old letter Sansa wrote under duress relevant though?

More than anything this episode really set up the knights king being dealt with before cersei, with her being the final villain, or her pulling a mad king when they come to present proof. I did like the cersei being pregnant development, since it gives her something more to fight for. 

Edited by kevinbgwrites

Gave it a 5.  

Mainly deducted points for them making Sam dumber yet again.  He's always been well read and perceptive, but since he's been in Old Town they've made him dumber and dumber.  No reason he would not remember Dragon Glass at Dragon Stone, tonight he's been given work by someone researching the War of the 5 Kings, his wife mentions a Prince going to Dorne for an annulment.  Given this context and the Stark history and his best friend being a Stark there's no reason he wouldn't be interested even if it doesn't seem to relate to the Dead Army et al.  No reason to trash this aspect of his character like they have.

26 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Gave it a 3.

The show has completely lost any inner logic.

The Winterfell plot is as bad and predictable as the Dorne plot. LF is already dead, what a waste of a character.

All the META jokes about Gendry, Stannis etc. just make me cringe. Also Gendry's hammer looks fake like and weightless like a toy...

Jonerys is already irritating the way they try to milk it. "Look at them getting to know each other! DO YOU SEE IT!!! THIS IS ROMAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!!"

Bronn and Jaime was total plot armor bs. They should have been at least been captured for randsom or something.

Sam is just going to learn whatever he needs to learn ONLY when the writers need it... <_<

Ghost might aswell be dead if they are not going to ever show him again.

The Fast-Travel in this episode was OVER 9000! Who needs horses amiright?!?

I agree but by now I'm use to the lack of detail stuff and such. This season is way better then the last several and I've finally been able to separate it from the book story. In my mind and can enjoy the TV show for what it is. I gave it a 8

Gave it a 6 but not a even a strong 6. Everything felt rushed and messy. There's no reason to have Jamie escape when it's damn impossible with all his armor plus they ended doing a cease fire anyways. Couldn't the showrunners just have Danny capture Jamie and force him to help Jon get a white walker? At least it set up some cool dialogue. And jorahs back... why? He has to die now unless they do some weird three way love triangle. The forced sibling rivalry between arya and Sansa rivalry is terrible. Just doesn't seem believable to me.

Edited by tallTale

19 minutes ago, no_one_... said:

Gave it a 5.  

Mainly deducted points for them making Sam dumber yet again.  He's always been well read and perceptive, but since he's been in Old Town they've made him dumber and dumber.  No reason he would not remember Dragon Glass at Dragon Stone, tonight he's been given work by someone researching the War of the 5 Kings, his wife mentions a Prince going to Dorne for an annulment.  Given this context and the Stark history and his best friend being a Stark there's no reason he wouldn't be interested even if it doesn't seem to relate to the Dead Army et al.  No reason to trash this aspect of his character like they have.

I enjoyed it but yes I wonder if its the genus of George are is it just they don't have the time resources to take care of the side stories. I've always not understood why they make the show so short. Its not network TV and a 1:05 long episode or more is fine. They have put stupid stuff in and then sped through other stuff. It now that they don't have dialogue from the books to follow its become more and more noticeable.  

Awful. Again, it does not make sense within its own world. Meaning, even though they have been way off from the books since season 3 (at minimum) and it is now its own story, it does not make sense within itself.

1. Where is Ghost?
  2. How did Dany not send people after Jaime and Bronn, the guys who literally just tried to kill her and Drogo, and only fell about 15 feet away from her?
  3. How did Bronn find Jaime's hand?
  4. How did Jaime not drown in that heavy armor, and Bronn with him, or left Jaime behind?
  5. I guess Cersei will die in childbirth as the "other queen with a golden crown"-thing comes along? Or, will it be Asha Yara?
  6. The Tyrion and Varys bookend show is lame and pointless.
  7. Where is Ghost?
  8. Why are Arya and Littlefinger playing Scooby-Doo castle tag? Isn't Arya supposed to have magic skills now?
  9. Is Arya really suggesting beheading people? THIS is what the showrunners have decided to do with Arya?
  10. The frickin' White Walkers and wights should be sunbathing in the Reach by now!!!!! Last season they were right on top of Bran and Meera... that door did not hold for THAT long. And you are telling me that a young girl (Meera) can outrun the White Walkers while she pulls a living graveworm Bran??? She looked pretty exhausted and worn out when She got to Castle Black for the first time.
  11. Gotta love me some first time in all of Planetos history that greyscale can be cured in 10 1/2 hours so Jorah can make it back to Dany just in time to leave her again. All of this travel which is practically right next to King's Landing, and NO ONE notices this? Is Euron sleeping off his leather coma?
  12. So, is no one gong to talk about Arya? During the Eastwatch dungeon scene almost everyone in that room had time with Arya, and they know Jon is a Stark... so what's up everyone???
  13. The dialogue from everyone is like a giant exposition machine. Let's just crank out every fanbased internet meme joke we can, "keep rowing", and then have the characters hamfist every detail in season 7 that should have been included all along.
  14. Sam, who is so intent on discovering overlooked details, overlooks the big detail about Rhaegar in favor of "shit" dialogue.

So, if I do my regular start neutral at 5, and rank one way or another from there, then that puts me at -9 for this episode.

Edited by The Fattest Leech