[Spoilers] EP705 Discussion

Ran

On 8/7/2017 at 6:51 PM, the tower of albion said:

I seriously doubt he leaves the tree. If what happened in the show happens somewhat in the books Bran will become part of the weirwood network and of course Summer

On 8/7/2017 at 7:32 PM, Stuart Littlefinger said:

The Arya vs Brienne fight was ridiculous on both sides

I know she was probably using a blunted sword, but the way Brienne was swinging that thing she would've fucked Arya up if she hadn't dodged

12 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

It provides the interlocking mirror effect that Martin so enjoys: now one of Jon's grandfathers slew the other.

There are lots of things like that. Another that's virtually certain now is that Jon grew up thinking he was bastard but secretly wasn't, while Tyrion grew up thinking he was not a bastard but secretly was.

One more is that Jaime slew Tyrion's father while Tyrion slew Jaime's father. 

Martin likes stuff like this. Look for more of it. He's planned all this from the beginning.

Yes. This.

2 hours ago, naqshbandi said:

I just realised who the 3 heads of the dragon will be: Danaerys, Jon Snow AND The Night King himself...

I'm more leaning toward Dany, Jon and Tyrion.

Although I wouldn't at all mind Dany, Jon and Meera.

44 minutes ago, nara said:

Wouldn't it be funny if the wight they find is Benjen Stark (a younger brother) and he proceeds to valonquar the crap out of Cersei?:P

It could very well turn out that Jon is turned back by Coldhands to achieve this very purpose.

The Seven who follow Jon are: Thoros of Myr, Beric Dondarrion, Sandor Clegane, Gendry Waters, Tormund Giantsbane, and Ser Jorah Mormont

The Mother Thoros because She is the equivalent of R'Hllor

The Father is Tormund because of his titles and many children

The Maiden is Jon Snow because he represents his mother and sisters

The Crone is Lord Beric because he has cheated death so many times

The Warrior is Ser Jorah because he has fought so many battles

The Smith is Gendry Waters because of his trade

The Stranger is Sandor Clegane because of his redemption

So, they will simply be The Seven

Also, Ned went to the Tower of Joy with six companions

Edited by Taemlyn Blackfyre
edited for accuracy

13 minutes ago, Taemlyn Blackfyre said:

The Seven who follow Jon are: Thoros, Beric, Sandor, Gendry, Thormund, Davos, Jorah

The Mother is Ser Davos, because he alone rejected R'Hllor

The Father is Tormund, because of his titles

The Maiden is Jon Snow, because he represents his mother and sisters

The Crone is Lord Beric because he has cheated death so many times

The Warrior is Ser Jorah because he has fought so many battles

The Smith is Gendry Waters because of his trade

The Stranger is Sandor Clegane because of his redemption

So, they will simply be The Seven

Love it!

Unrelated: I am really curious how Cersei is going to try to justify getting impregnated by her brother to the public.  "The Targs did it" won't work with the way she's been vilifying Dany. If she's no different from Targs, why not follow the one with dragons?

14 hours ago, Pandean said:

Okay am I the only one who thinks Arya is being a bitch

Nope, I totally agree with you. Arya refused to learn courtly graces when she was in court. Then when she had to run away, she had no opportunity to learn how to win friends and influence people which is necessary for managing large organizations, which is basically what a kingdom full of lords and bannermen are. Arya is looking like a Sandsnake at the moment, pissed off and letting her anger get in the way of her survival/killer instincts and leaving her closed to understanding the nuances of this situation.

3 hours ago, BlackTalon said:

Can anybody tell me what Dany answers at 44:40, when Jon says "at least you won't have to deal with the King in the North again"?

Paraphrasing: "I've grown used to him [the King in the North]".

As for your second question, I can't remember.

49 minutes ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

Paraphrasing: "I've grown used to him [the King in the North]".

As for your second question, I can't remember.

Well, thanks anyway. I have already asked on 4chan and reddit and my questions answered. Btw Tormund says: the big woman?

So did those 7 guys + whoever went with them that went searching for White Walkers at least bring dragon glass with them? Maybe make some weapons out of it? Or are they going out with their useless weapons that only work against wights? 

Also, why isn't this season 10 episodes? Is it because of the budget? Seems like everything is so rushed. Would an extra 3 episodes really drag things out and make them add more pointless stuff?

Edited by BradDoty08

After last night's episode, I am more and more convinced Bran is somehow the Night's King.  Maybe he goes back in time to stop his own advance over and over again and somehow still screws it up each time.  I hate time travel and trying to work out all the inconsistencies in my head, but Bran and the Night King seem very interconnected.  It would explain why he is so emo lately,  and why the Night King can see him...even when he is viewing through his ravens.

36 minutes ago, BradDoty08 said:

So did those 7 guys + whoever went with them that went searching for White Walkers at least bring dragon glass with them? Maybe make some weapons out of it? Or are they going out with their useless weapons that only work against wights? 

Also, why isn't this season 10 episodes? Is it because of the budget? Seems like everything is so rushed. Would an extra 3 episodes really drag things out and make them add more pointless stuff?

Perhaps they have pocketfulls of obsidian stones they will hurl at the wight walkers hahahaha

4 hours ago, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

But she has already had 4 in t.v. GOT. Supposedly she had one child of Roberts that got sick and died. The Maggie didn't get that one.

That scene where she tells Cat about the lost child was odd. It doesn't fit with the character we have of Cersie, but it also doesn't fit because Cat hadn't heard anything about this birth/death.  

Were talking about the Queen being pregnant and the first born son of the king dying of sickness.  Yet Cat, the wife of the King's best friend, had never heard of it?  What?

Even without TMZ I find it hard to believe that the birth of Robert's son wouldn't have sent ravens to the every maester in Westeros. The same with the death of a child prince.  More ravens would have gone out. 

But it was news to Cat?  

Was Cersie lying or did GRRM screw up?

16 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

That scene where she tells Cat about the lost child was odd. It doesn't fit with the character we have of Cersie, but it also doesn't fit because Cat hadn't heard anything about this birth/death.  

Were talking about the Queen being pregnant and the first born son of the king dying of sickness.  Yet Cat, the wife of the King's best friend, had never heard of it?  What?

Even without TMZ I find it hard to believe that the birth of Robert's son wouldn't have sent ravens to the every maester in Westeros. The same with the death of a child prince.  More ravens would have gone out. 

But it was news to Cat?  

Was Cersie lying or did GRRM screw up?

Cat not knowing about the child was completely absurd.

Because this is book stuff I will put in spoilers.

Spoiler

The black haired child who died was not in the books.  He was an invention of D&D.  In fact, in the books, the one time Cersei got pregnant with Robert's child, she had an abortion.

19 minutes ago, nara said:

Cat not knowing about the child was completely absurd.

Because this is book stuff I will put in spoilers.

That's annoying. :(  it's been a while since I read book 1 so I clearly don't remember that, but I do remember the... other bit you mentioned. 

14 hours ago, Kyll.Ing. said:

One issue, though: Tyrion says to the Tarlys: "This war has already destroyed one great house". How is he counting to only end up with one? The Baratheons are goners for sure. And the Tyrells, and the Tullys. You can argue about the Martells. Frey and Bolton were warden houses when their last members died.

Edmure Tully and his son still live.