[Spoilers] EP705 Discussion

Ran

Ugghh. . . my interpretation of this episode can be summarized in one word: forced. For me, the two most forced parts of the episode were

1. Jon and Dany's romance. I don't know whether it's due to overacting or the fact that Jon appears to be jealous of Jorah, but their relationship made me cringe in this episode.
  2. Starkbowl. I've mentioned before how D&D have pretty much written Arya as a twelve-year-old in a young woman's body, but the fact that she can't see the logic in not letting the northern lords abandon them (or get beheaded) is insane. The fact that her and Sansa also have this bad of communication is also mind-boggling. Sansa never bothered to say "I didn't want to work with Littlefinger, but if I didn't Ramsay would have won?" And where the hell is Bran in all of this? The Winterfell plot could have been great, but instead it's turning into one of those Bravo dramas.

6 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

I'm going to trust the Stark who was trained specifically to lie and detect lies, even the lies we tell ourselves.  

I'm going to trust the Stark who knows how to rule, has been the glue that's trying to hold her family together since season 6, and isn't exhibiting signs of a sociopath.

Also, if she can detect lies so easily then why is she completely being flummoxed by Baelish?

Also, Arya mainly failed her FM training DUE to her emotions and judgement clouding everything. She's obviously not using any such non judgement-emotional calculations here.

Sansa was taught how to lie and detect lies too.

The look and posture Sansa had after Arya left did not seem like the type of look/posture someone would have if they were found out/guilty.

Just my two cents though.

48 minutes ago, plectrum said:

Dear Jon,

Good news: turns out your family is alive! Bad news: Not for long, since the Night King is marching on Eastwatch. Anyways, tell the dragons we said hey!

Toodles,

Winterfell

Dear Winterfell,

Good news: I'm just kickin' back with my new-found cousins along with my aunt and uncle down here in the balmy south. Uncle was a bit short with me, but I guess he's like that with everybody.

Stay warm,

Cuz

1 minute ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Ugghh. . . my interpretation of this episode can be summarized in one word: forced. For me, the two most forced parts of the episode were

1. Jon and Dany's romance. I don't know whether it's due to overacting or the fact that Jon appears to be jealous of Jorah, but their relationship made me cringe in this episode.
  2. Starkbowl. I've mentioned before how D&D have pretty much written Arya as a twelve-year-old in a young woman's body, but the fact that she can't see the logic in not letting the northern lords abandon them (or get beheaded) is insane. The fact that her and Sansa also have this bad of communication is also mind-boggling. Sansa never bothered to say "I didn't want to work with Littlefinger, but if I didn't Ramsay would have won?" And where the hell is Bran in all of this? The Winterfell plot could have been great, but instead it's turning into one of those Bravo dramas.

Can I just say yes for all of this

1 minute ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

exactly, forced...see my post located some posts before...

Another thought about Drogon and Jon: It could make you re-think the scene from last season where Tyrion removes the collars from Rhaegel and Viscerion. I assumed they didn't roast him because they wanted the collars off. But perhaps they, like Drogon with Jon, recognized Targaryen blood in Tyrion.

2 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

lol. Nothing Dany did equates to her being a mad queen. She executed two traitors after giving them a chance to not only bend the knee but take the black as well.

How are they traitors, at least in regard to Dany's position?  They had conflicting vows, and made their decision (well, Randyll did, Dickon just followed his father's lead).  Randyll even spelled it out, that there are no easy decisions in war. They're on the losing side, thats all.  Now, traditionally, the proper way to execute someone of high birth is, AFAIK, beheading, rather than burning alive.  Its not like she had any shortage of guys that could behead them for her.  Yes, it also convinced a few stragglers (literally less than a dozen of those assembled) that weren't already on her side to bend the knee out of abject fear, but that is hardly a strategic move.

Burning them made her feel powerful.  

4 minutes ago, The Knight of Flours said:

The one Cat burned?  Oh wait - it was signed 'your sister Sansa' anyway, wasn't it?

Yes. It must be the letter Sansa wrote to Robb to surrender to Joffrey after Ned was imprisoned.

Oh, boy... The Stark sisters... It was void of any logical thought.

2 minutes ago, The Knight of Flours said:

The one Cat burned?  Oh wait - it was signed 'your sister Sansa' anyway, wasn't it?

You are totally right. 

"Robert Is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt, ?? Father? ?? Joffrey and tried to steal his throne.  The Lannisters ?? ?? to King's Landing and swear fealty to king Joffrey and ?? ?? Your faithful sister Sansa."

40 minutes ago, Holly Macaroni said:

Ok, I know people like Gendry and all...but what's the point in bringing him back?

Would Davos really be after him?

Because he should actually be the one sitting on the IT?  Cersie obviously is not an option and we just watched the Mad Queen burn innocents alive (I don't care about Randall, but Dickkon????)  From those two choices, yes I would choose the bastard son of King Bobby. 

I was so hoping they got to Winterfell.  I'd have loved to see not only a Jon/Arya reunion but also a Gendry/Arya.