its official

VenezuelanLord

So long as we're talking about officiality, I apologize but must point out it's not officially official until we hear that Rhaegar married Lyanna. Sam cut Gully off before she could get to that.

And I suppose for some people it'll have to be spelled out that Lyanna was a maiden and didn't sex anyone else, and that Rhaegar eloped with her and stuck her in that tower. I'm not sure the show has made it clear enough to casual viewers. 

1 hour ago, Illiterati said:

That is actually the mark of a good academic.  Not knowing r+l=j, this info means nothing to him.  A good academic has a laser focus on the study at hand, in this case how to defeat the Wight  Walkers.  Bear in mind that he also cured stoneman and persuaded grandmaester that the wights are something to be investigated, even if grandmaester was too arrogant to take heed.

Academics isn't magically knowing everything about everything.  It's learning all possible about a thing.  I dare say his mission was more noble than finding out who Jon Snow is.

Okay, fair point. It is however very unsatisfying that this is the second time sam is offered vital information to process and save in his hard drive and he ignores it because he's too busy with something else. In this sense, he isn't that different from those maesters who dismissed the idea of the walkers because they don't know they exist and have better things to occupy themselves with at hand. 

And if we are at that, I really hated that last line when Sam said he is tired of reading about the achievements of better men. That's sooooo not the reason he's leaving the citadel and so not Sam's character. He's leaving  because he's fed up with the maesters ignoring the real world and he's leaving because he's fed up with being a doormat again after spending years in the NW to finally have a standing and doing shit work, literally, for the maesters instead to being allowed to work on the task Jon gave him. And Sam never minded reading about the achievements of better men and he's never been the kind of person who obsessively wants to "achieve things" and make his mark on the world. He should have said something like "Until I found out what these maesters are like" or "until I understood what it is to be a maester" or "until I met these maesters" or something along the lines... it was just off. 

6 hours ago, HTN02 said:

During the siege on pyke, Jorah was second trough the breach. he got knighted for that. first trough the breach was Thoros...

its reasonable to assume they met, as they at least fought side by side :-)

that is very true, i stand corrected, yet., the other line with beric and sandor, unless they are really referencing the hands tournament, it has to be the tourney at harrenhall.

dude come on, we know at this point that Rhaegar and Lyanna had escaped together, we know that Lyanna is Jon's mother, we know that to get to Lyanna Ned had to fight 3 KG wich sole purpose is to protect the royal family, and now, we know that ¨Raggar¨ got an anullment and a secret wedding AT DORNE wich happens to be the very place where Ned found Lyanna in her bed of blood... anyone that tries to deny that Jon is in fact a Targaryen, not only one, but the true heir of the Targarye dinasty, has to be blind... i only listed the facts i didnt even started theorizing on how.why,when.. that its the only debatable point right now, was lyanna really in love or was she kidnapped and raped? what was raeghar's plan?was the wedding before a weirwood, if so, can bran take a look?

Archived