Littlefinger's Game

Joshy

12 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

After rewatching the scene, I wonder if LF was really trying to manipulate Arya, or whether he was just trying to find out who is spying on him. Or if he just thought that the person is probably someone important and / or close to Sansa if the person cares to follow him around Winterfell, so he wanted to both identify the person and create discontent between the person and Sansa...

Why would LF think anyone is spying on him??

Hes purposely lured Arya into find the scroll....

The nature of whats in the scroll makes its pretty clear what he was doing......

11 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

It was clear to me by the contents of the scroll that he meant Arya to find it.

Very much clear....

27 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Why would LF think anyone is spying on him??

Hes purposely lured Arya into find the scroll....

The nature of whats in the scroll makes its pretty clear what he was doing......

If he didn't know that someone was following him how could he intentionally lure that person into his room?

11 hours ago, Illiterati said:

What I can't make sense of in this game is that she has at least one anonymous face, the one she used to serve Frey, and she doesn't use it to spy on Pete.  Why hide in shadows when you are faceless?

Keep in mind that every face Arya wears means someone has to die. 

So... she killed some serving girl to get to the Freys?  That's... horrible. 

Shes also horrible at hiding in the shadows.  Considering she was hiding in an open doorway with bright sunlight backlighting her. 

Derp. 

1 minute ago, Lurid Jester said:

Shes also horrible at hiding in the shadows.  Considering she was hiding in an open doorway with bright sunlight backlighting her. 

Derp. 

But once that person has died, the face can be used indefinitely.  It is almost a disservice to that victim to have killed her and then only use her face once.

Just now, Illiterati said:

But once that person has died, the face can be used indefinitely.  It is almost a disservice to that victim to have killed her and then only use her face once.

Can it?  What proof do we have of that?  

Also... a disservice to someone you killed if you don't use their stolen face enough?  Lolwhut?

Just now, Lurid Jester said:

Can it?  What proof do we have of that?  

Also... a disservice to someone you killed if you don't use their stolen face enough?  Lolwhut?

Jaqen was shown using the same face multiple times.

And yes, a disservice.  If I am to be killed for a cause, I don't want my face to serve that cause once and then be discarded.  And we don't know Arya killed her.  People die every day.

4 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

This is the part which pretty much foils the Arya is the waife and she is wearing her face, hence seeing the Waifes dead face.

4 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

Derp. 

It doesnt make sense, its like it was pointless she went to the house of black and white. Shes possesses all these skills and shes using none other than showing everyone how dangerous she is. 

4 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

That was another thing that bugged me. However, since a dead body is shown wearing Arya's face... I'm going to assume that some sort of illusion magic was used to get that effect. 

Another thing is that Jaqen had access to the temple that seemed designed to store faces.  I doubt Arya has a pocket that accomplishes the same thing. 

Overall the showrunners kind of crapped all over the faceless men.  

10 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

And yes, a disservice.  If I am to be killed for a cause, I don't want my face to serve that cause once and then be discarded.  And we don't know Arya killed her.  People die every day.

Due to the nature of not fully knowing how things work and why.... we are left only to wonder why Arya isnt using her faceless abilities.

We see from the show the Faceless men have access to a hall of faces to use at their own free will, as we know all of dead people. It seems Arya has still retained all the attributes and training from the faceless men but has not followed the believe, she follows her kill list. 

So what do  we know, well looking at the scene of Walder Frey, we see her literally pealing back the face to reveal hers. We can see in the Hall of faces they are actually dead peoples faces not like a made mask. From this we can assume its not just a case of placing it over your own face but something magical is involved. The face literally fuses with hers.

Not only this but she was able to speak exactly like Walder, could we go as far as saying she could see memories of the persons face she is wearing.......? 

So due to the fact of not knowing how it works properly we can only speculate about whether she has to be in possession of the dead persons face to wear it? Obviously the person needs to be dead to be able to steal their identity.

As we can see Arya was using a serving girls face, now we know the girl is dead, did Arya kill the girl, was the girl already dead, did she bring a face with her? Id like to think it was pretty out of character to murder a girl to use her face. So we can only assume she brought it with her or she has access to the hall of faces no matter where she is in westeros/essos.

In season 6 Arya removes multiple faces from 'Jaqens' face and does reveal hers in the process. We can see they can wear multiple faces and be change in a very flowing manner quickly.

Im not sure if this will be addressed in the show but I'd like to see Jaqen H'ghar again at some point probably in season 8.

20 hours ago, Illiterati said:

What I can't make sense of in this game is that she has at least one anonymous face, the one she used to serve Frey, and she doesn't use it to spy on Pete.  Why hide in shadows when you are faceless?

So that the viewers know it's her.  Some people might not readily remember what her anonymous face looks like.

I think the way they show the whole Arya-LF part, means it is LF who is in control here.

they start of by showing Arya spying on him, but he catches glimpses of her. Then he gets this "secret special" scroll, and you are led to believe that Arya's spying has worked out, she's about the find out his plan.

when she's done and gone, you see littlefinger lurking and smiling. That shot is there to show that he got "tha last laugh".

plus, think in what direction will the scroll lead and who will benefit from this?

It is pretty much there to give Arya fuel to the idea that her sister isn't, hasn't and won't going to be an "honorable stark".

On 8/14/2017 at 5:13 PM, The Sunland Lord said:

That is a good one. It suits him better than running around telling everyone the great truth he discovered. It also explains Maester Wolkan's servility to LF, and the latter thanking him in Sansa's name. 

Yes, it would make LF look oh so loyal to Sansa in addition to driving a wedge between Sansa and Arya.

Someone presented a theory that Sansa and Arya's altercation was a show for the chambermaid and that they are playing LF while he is playing them, but I watched that scene again, and I didn't see a chambermaid in Sansa's chamber with them.  So as much as I like that theory, it seems to me the only part of the conversation she could have heard was the beginning of it when they were still in the corridor, and it is more likely that LF made a deal with the chambermaid to keep her eyes and ears open and report back to him.

For someone who was trained as an assassin, Arya did a poor job of keeping herself hidden while she was spying on LF.  I agree with the others who say that doesn't make sense.  Good job once again, D&D.  :wacko:

On 8/15/2017 at 7:44 AM, Daemos said:

Arya is gaming Little Finger who thinks he is gaming Arya but he has for the first time (second if you count the Bolton marriage) utterly miscalculated. 

She is not Arya. 

Spot on! Masie Williams is using some weird & untypical facial expressions this season. The Look on her face at the end of the "sparring session with brienne"  gives it away.  

2 hours ago, Northern_Star said:

Spot on! Masie Williams is using some weird & untypical facial expressions this season. The Look on her face at the end of the "sparring session with brienne"  gives it away.  

I've given that thought, too....but why would "not Arya" want to revenge the Freys?

Archived