Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Risto

Discussing Sansa XXXI: The plot thickens...

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Risto said:

The thing is that last year, during the first meeting with Lyanna Mormont, she called her Sandra. That is when it started, Lyanna said "You are Snow, and Lady Sandra is a Bolton... Or Lannister?"

Lol, Lyanna Mormont said Lady Sansa not Lady Sandra, so that isn't true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

Lol, Lyanna Mormont said Lady Sansa not Lady Sandra, so that isn't true.

No, I have listened that many times. She did say Sandra.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Risto said:

The thing is that last year, during the first meeting with Lyanna Mormont, she called her Sandra. That is when it started, Lyanna said "You are Snow, and Lady Sandra is a Bolton... Or Lannister?"

How did that make it past the edits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pandean said:

How did that make it past the edits?

I have no idea. I suppose they didn't want to reshoot the scene for that lapse. Perhaps no one noticed it. But it is glaringly obvious she said "Sandra".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Risto said:

I have no idea. I suppose they didn't want to reshoot the scene for that lapse. Perhaps no one noticed it. But it is glaringly obvious she said "Sandra".

She says Sandra, I've watched it over and over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Risto said:

The thing is that last year, during the first meeting with Lyanna Mormont, she called her Sandra. That is when it started, Lyanna said "You are Snow, and Lady Sandra is a Bolton... Or Lannister?"

I remember that... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone listen to Preston Jacobs?  He talked about the Arya/Sansa scene on his podcast and analyzed how nothing about it really made sense.  I didn't even think about how Arya's insult to Sansa about her liking nice things because she thinks she's better than everyone didn't even make sense in context of her Season 1 character.  I was upset because it was such a childish petty thing to complain about after everything they've been through and Arya is just automatically assuming that Sansa is the same as she was 6 years ago when she was 13.  But it's worse than that.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSnBZXXSLmA&t=30m40s

Quote

“Littlefinger’s scheme doesn’t make any sense because any idiot knows that when she wrote that letter in Season 1 to Robb, she did it at the Queen’s behest.”

“Right, there’s no blaming her.  But then again, right now, Arya is you know, crazy.  That scene where she calls Sansa materialistic for taking her parents bedroom is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.”

“She’s the lady of Winterfell.  How dare she settle in the lady of Winterfell’s room?”

“Keep in mind when she moved in, she was literally the heir.”

“I don’t understand the idea of Arya saying ‘You always liked nice things.’  That’s not really Sansa’s character.  Sansa’s character was the dreamy girl who wanted the fairy tale.  Not that she was obessed with material things.  She didn’t want to be queen because she wanted riches.  She wanted to be queen because that’s the fairy tale thing.  It’s like when you ask a 8 year old girl if she wants to be a princess.  She doesn’t want all of the riches that comes with it, she just wants to be the princess.  That’s what Sansa wanted.  So it’s just an odd thing.”

“And it came out of nowhere."

Yeah, it's kind of like insulting a woman because they wanted to be a princess when they were a kid.  Everything about it would be dumb and bad.  I don't know if D & D are seeing Sansa's Season 1 character wrong or they're really wanting us to think Arya is this terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Anyone listen to Preston Jacobs?  He talked about the Arya/Sansa scene on his podcast and analyzed how nothing about it really made sense.  I didn't even think about how Arya's insult to Sansa about her liking nice things because she thinks she's better than everyone didn't even make sense in context of her Season 1 character.  I was upset because it was such a childish petty thing to complain about after everything they've been through and Arya is just automatically assuming that Sansa is the same as she was 6 years ago when she was 13.  But it's worse than that.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSnBZXXSLmA&t=30m40s

Yeah, it's kind of like insulting a woman because they wanted to be a princess when they were a kid.  Everything about it would be dumb and bad.  I don't know if D & D are seeing Sansa's Season 1 character wrong or they're really wanting us to think Arya is this terrible.

I love Preston Jacobs. I need to watch/listen to more.

 

TBH I have no clue what D&D are doing. Literally none.

 

I've always thought Arya was terrible whoops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pandean said:

I love Preston Jacobs. I need to watch/listen to more.

TBH, I have no high opinion of Mr Preston's work as it is often derivative and lacking any sort of literary analysis. That said, I understand why some people like his well-presented arguments (even though in 95% they are nonsensical).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Risto said:

TBH, I have no high opinion of Mr Preston's work as it is often derivative and lacking any sort of literary analysis. That said, I understand why some people like his well-presented arguments (even though in 95% they are nonsensical).

I don't necessarily believe them.

I just enjoy the theories, whether or not they're nonsensical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Risto said:

TBH, I have no high opinion of Mr Preston's work as it is often derivative and lacking any sort of literary analysis. That said, I understand why some people like his well-presented arguments (even though in 95% they are nonsensical).

I like his episode reviews more than his theory videos.  Do you watch those?  With the theories, I feel like he's kind of making crazy stuff up that has no chance of happening (and maybe that's part of the appeal, maybe he's just having fun seeing what could be) but I feel like every GoT fan should watch his episode recap and QA videos.  He's so knowledgable and he articulates the flaws of the shows and things the writers don't think about in a funny way.  He's a decent person too.  There's a video where he meets GRRM and he's self deprecating and it's pretty funny.  There's a sweet video where he's saying his wedding vows to his wife.  He said he was feminist on a recent video and acknowledged that a part of his fanbase would turn on him for it but said "Oh well."  Preston is cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lothar said:

I like his episode reviews more than his theory videos.  Do you watch those?  With the theories, I feel like he's kind of making crazy stuff up that has no chance of happening (and maybe that's part of the appeal, maybe he's just having fun seeing what could be) but I feel like every GoT fan should watch his episode recap and QA videos.  He's so knowledgable and he articulates the flaws of the shows and things the writers don't think about in a funny way.  He's a decent person too.  There's a video where he meets GRRM and he's self deprecating and it's pretty funny.  There's a sweet video where he's saying his wedding vows to his wife.  He said he was feminist on a recent video and acknowledged that a part of his fanbase would turn on him for it but said "Oh well."  Preston is cool.

fuck yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×