Discussing Arya: Ninja watching

The Bastard of Summer

I believe Arya has been watching Sansa. Like she has been trained for the past few years to do watch,observe, and learn. Then she confronted Sansa and READ her. She saw through Sansas lies that were ger diplomatic answers. 

1. Was Sansa right in her diplomacy? Absolutely. She was. She knows gow to handle such affairs becuase this is what Littlefinger has groomed her to be able to do. Arya isn't a diplomat. She's a fighter a warrior. Sansa is skilled with courtesy and flattery that's her sword and shield.

But Arya saw through the ploy of a diplomatic answer and told her she could see her true feelings by READING her. Sansa supports Jon but not whole heartedly. She secretly wishes the power was hers. She wants Jons position. Plain and simple. 

2. Will Sansa try and take the position? NO. She won't.

Her wanting it and coveting it is different from actually betraying her family. 

She DIDN'T deny anything Arya said about her TRUE thoughts and feelings.  She was just as shocked by Aryas ability to READ her as she was shocked by Aryas ability to handle a sword and fighting skill. 

In that moment Sansa was scared of Arya. Scared of be confronted with how she truly felt. Scared that someone else knew. Someone she knows is firecely loyal to Jon. 

I'm afraid since Littlefinger is causing a rift between them. He lead Arya to find the letter Sansa wrote in season two, the one that condemned Ned Stark as a traitor. :o  Please don't let them die :[ Arya is my favorite character, alongside Jon Snow, and I need them alive. The rest can perish :D and they would get their bittersweet ending.

6 hours ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

But Arya saw through the ploy of a diplomatic answer and told her she could see her true feelings by READING her. Sansa supports Jon but not whole heartedly. She secretly wishes the power was hers. She wants Jons position. Plain and simple. 

Yes, she wants to be in charge. IN CASE SOMETHING HAPPENS TO JON. Is she a villain for that? Absolutely not. 

1 minute ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

I never said Sansa was a villan. Not once. Calm down.

Sorry, I always forget that people can't actually get the tone over the Internet... I wasn't riled up, I just wanted to emphasize. Sorry if it looked like I am yelling :D 

It wasn't just in case something happens to Jon. Arya read Sansa like a book. She could see the part of her that took delight in Lord Glover's comment about "we did not choose you to rule us my Lady, but perhaps we should have" and was also wishing that had been the case.

Wishes and desires do not make a villain. Actions do. 

Arya I think was reading Sansa and trying to get her to face a truth about herself. I think Sansa may do the same for Arya before season is over.

I don't believe Arya really had doubts about Sansa betraying the family or anything and nor did she accuse Sansa of such.

Arya was so feisty. But them again, they don't know eachother anymore. Arya comes home and what she sees in Sansa is:

-  LF walking behind her all the time.

- Letting people talk shit about Jon (and Sansa wasn't fond of Jon when she was younger, Arya remembers that. Even tho Sansa was right in just listening to the lords, to Arya she was undermining Jon)

- Sansa '''''''claiming''''''' Ned's room.

I hope that once LF is out of the picture, they can trust each other again.

5 minutes ago, Fexyr said:

Arya was so feisty. But them again, they don't know eachother anymore. Arya comes home and what she sees in Sansa is:

-  LF walking behind her all the time.

- Letting people talk shit about Jon (and Sansa wasn't fond of Jon when she was younger, Arya remembers that. Even tho Sansa was right in just listening to the lords, to Arya she was undermining Jon)

- Sansa '''''''claiming''''''' Ned's room.

I hope that once LF is out of the picture, they can trust each other again.

I am not convinced Arya actually doubts Sansa's loyalty or thinks she will betray Jon or their family. She has picked up on the lust for power that Sansa has and brought it to Sansa's attention for a reason, but I think that reason was more to have Sansa reinforce her own loyalty, not to doubt it. Littlefinger is the one Arya doubts....and on that score, I think her and Sansa are on the same page.

Im betting at the end of this season after LF is taken down, the two sisters will be closer than ever before.

I agree with most of you all. Sansa isn't the villan nor is anyone painting that picture of her. She does desire power. That is plain to see.This is FACT! She doesn't just want Lady status she wants queen status. BUT will she actively try to remove Jon? NO!!!! Arya just wanted her to stand up more for Jon. She had plenty of opportunity to do so. First dude: we should have chose you picking him was a mistake" SHE should havr replied to him immediately: Thank you my Lord but you chose Jon for a reason. He's a good leader and you would not have chosen him if he wasn't. I am here leading in his absence becuase he trusts me to lead you as he would. 

Second dude:" he should be here with us in the North! " SHE should have said: "Jon is away making sure we have the best chance at survival he is doing what is best for our realm. He is not absent because he wishes to be" INSTEAD she said "He's doing what HE thinks is best." She should have spoken to show she was on board with him by speaking of and making show like a team effort. Instead if singleling him out.

8 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

I agree with most of you all. Sansa isn't the villan nor is anyone painting that picture of her. She does desire power. That is plain to see.This is FACT! She doesn't just want Lady status she wants queen status. BUT will she actively try to remove Jon? NO!!!! Arya just wanted her to stand up more for Jon. She had plenty of opportunity to do so. First dude: we should have chose you picking him was a mistake" SHE should havr replied to him immediately: Thank you my Lord but you chose Jon for a reason. He's a good leader and you would not have chosen him if he wasn't. I am here leading in his absence becuase he trusts me to lead you as he would. 

Second dude:" he should be here with us in the North! " SHE should have said: "Jon is away making sure we have the best chance at survival he is doing what is best for our realm. He is not absent because he wishes to be" INSTEAD she said "He's doing what HE thinks is best." She should have spoken to show she was on board with him by speaking of and making show like a team effort. Instead if singleling him out.

I think what infuriated Arya was Sansa acting like she was only doing what she was doing for political reasons, was perfectly happy with Jon in charge, and didn't truly desire power, which is why Arya called her on it. 

I will say I don't mind that FM-trained Arya was so effortlessly led around the nose by LF, for a few reasons:

1. Arya left the FM early. Incomplete her training is.

2. Arya isn't used to dealing with anyone much smarter than she is and doesn't have any idea how dangerous LF is.

3. LF is a seasoned KL veteran and is accustomed to spies trying to tail him.

4. Arya is overconfident due to her recent successes with the Freys and therefore careless and sloppy.

I don't know how I feel about Arya anymore. She used to be one of my favorites but now I just don't really like the way her character went.

I don't think the claims that she could tell what Sansa was thinking/wanting due to her FM training works. Mainly because she didn't finish her training, she tends to let emotions and judgements cloud her decisions (pretty sure that's why she couldn't complete her training), and also she's not omnipotent. I actually don't believe Sansa responded to her "you like power" thing? 

Anyway, I'm not sure. I really liked Arya in the beginning of the show  but now the whole slightly sociopathic mini death god thing just...tries my patience

2 hours ago, Newstar said:

I will say I don't mind that FM-trained Arya was so effortlessly led around the nose by LF, for a few reasons:

1. Arya left the FM early. Incomplete her training is.

2. Arya isn't used to dealing with anyone much smarter than she is and doesn't have any idea how dangerous LF is.

3. LF is a seasoned KL veteran and is accustomed to spies trying to tail him.

4. Arya is overconfident due to her recent successes with the Freys and therefore careless and sloppy.

5. A boy has more courage than sense

28 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

She is smarter than the writers want you to think at the moment.  Wait for it.....

That's what I'm thinking as well.  This is just some drama before Arya and Sansa catch Littlefinger in his lies.  

Archived