Drogon and Jon

shawnpmcd

Yes, Drogon smelled Jon and that piqued Dany's interest.

Yes, Jon pet Drogon and that piqued Dany's intertest.

BUT, the key part was literally in Drogon's eyes as he looked at Jon.  He saw fire.....and ice!  We got two blinks.  You could clearly see the fire in both blinks, but the second blink there was also ice.

25 minutes ago, Fexyr said:

What do you mean by ice? Because it looked like the same to me.

I think it was Jon's reflection with the sea as a backdrop. I rewatched the scene, and it is striking because it is ice-blue within Drogon's fire-red eyes. I think it was deliberate :D

43 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Everyone talks about Drogon sensing something....... did Jon sense something??

Doubt it. He has no reason to, specifically regarding Targ blood. I guess he was just in awe but also since he's got his own beautiful beast at home - btw, where is Ghost, showrunners? All the budget spent on Field of Fire 2.0? Don't do Ghost like that. Anyway, that innate connection they're trying to portray from Dany to Jon, then Jon to Drogon is well-done. All about the looks in people's or dragon's eyes. Too bad Quentyn Martell didn't have a closer blood tie to the Targs.

37 minutes ago, shawnpmcd said:

It was awesome seeing the fire reflection in Drogon's eyes.....followed by ice!

It really didn't though.  Rewatch it and pause on that frame if you have to.  There was no fire or ice being reflected.   

The focus on the eye was to show us Drogon's pupil dilating. It went from narrow slit, to a blink, to a much more open pupil. 

Dilated pupils tend to mean the individual is calm and interested in what they are looking at. The pupil dilates in a subconscious effort to take in more of what they are looking at. 

14 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

It really didn't though.  Rewatch it and pause on that frame if you have to.  There was no fire or ice being reflected.   

The focus on the eye was to show us Drogon's pupil dilating. It went from narrow slit, to a blink, to a much more open pupil. 

Dilated pupils tend to mean the individual is calm and interested in what they are looking at. The pupil dilates in a subconscious effort to take in more of what they are looking at. 

There ABSOLUTELY was fire in his eyes.  Unsure on the "ice".  Look again:

4 minutes ago, shawnpmcd said:

There ABSOLUTELY was fire in his eyes.  Unsure on the "ice".  Look again:

Not Fire. It's the coloration of Drogon's eye, and likely any dragon's eyes, specifically along the edge of the iris.  

If there is fire at all it has nothing to do with Jon but because dragons are fire made flesh. 

Still, my original point stands. No reflection of fire or ice in relation to Drogon looking at Jon.  

7 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

I see blue and orange both before and after the blink, although after has a little more orange and a little less blue.

The blue is the reflection of the sky, and any orange/red is Drogon's iris. 

Maybe im taking my TV for granted because I admit watching it on my phone that the image isn't as clear. 

Archived