Jorah's accent is starting to annoy me

anjulibai

10 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Never really thought about it until this season, but Jorah does not have a Northern Accent. He sounds strange next to other Northerners. Am I the only one annoyed by this? 

Plenty of different accents among the Northern characters,  Jorah has a better excuse then most.

On 8/14/2017 at 10:38 AM, S. OF HOUSE STARK said:

Hahahaha, yes. I suspended my annoyance and disbelief because his voice is like honey. :P

Maybe why that's why I like him so much.  Doesn't hurt he's very handsome.  I remember in the books he was made out to be a very unlikable person, but in the show I think he is mostly likable due to his devotion to Dany.  I think it was really Drogo and Jorah's love for her that first started to turn her from a scared, vulnerable little girl into a strong, self assured woman. 

I could listen to Ian Glen talk all day, and I do especially like the way he says Khaleesi.  He manages to imbue the title with so much adoration and respect.

As far as his accent, he was in Essos for a long time and lived among many different people.  People's pattern of speech often change in such circumstances.

Archived