Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foxberlin

Jaime's betrayal?

Recommended Posts

In their second scene Cersei wants Jaime to punish Bronn for lying to him about Tyrion. She calls this a betrayal. Some moments later Jaime is all shocked when Cersei warns him, Jaime, to never betray her again. But when did Jaime's betrayal happen, when he was only tricked into meeting Tyrion? Does she know about something Jaime did against her wish recently (such as nearly getting killed himself) or does she refer to past things (such as freeing Tyrion)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The betrayal is because he spoke to Tyrion and didn't kill him.  Cersei has gone bananas, and has sealed her fate.  Jaime will end up killing her as he did Aerys.  Maybe not the same way, but he will do it and then more than likely off himself.  Maybe poison, but Cersei will lose the child first.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cersei claimed Olenna betrayed her b/c she sided against Cersei after Cersei murdered her entire family. I think trying to find logic in Cersei's thought processes is pointless. Jaime made her mad b/c he talked to Tyrion and actually listened to him - so in Cersei brain - that's a betrayal.

I'm more annoyed at how colossally stupid Jaime is turning out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mother of Mini Dragons said:

Cersei claimed Olenna betrayed her b/c she sided against Cersei after Cersei murdered her entire family. I think trying to find logic in Cersei's thought processes is pointless. Jaime made her mad b/c he talked to Tyrion and actually listened to him - so in Cersei brain - that's a betrayal.

I'm more annoyed at how colossally stupid Jaime is turning out to be.

Agreed.  Book Jaime would have already taken her out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Agreed.  Book Jaime would have already taken her out. 

I'm about half way through AFFC and I have to disagree.  I think Jamie is much weaker in the books from his POV chapters and Cersei's.  Read through any of them and Cersei is just bitch slapping him left and right while he keeps coming back for more.  He may do things behind her back, like letting Tyrion go, but she is the alpha in that relationship.  I think he has looked stronger, albeit not my much, in the show.

The only thing Jamie can do to redeem himself in my eyes at this point, is kill Cersei.  I prefer him before he lost his hand.  He was more of an enemy then but at least he had his confidence. Imagine his humiliation if Ser Authur Dayne and Ser Barristan Selmy were around to see him today? He held them with such high regard in the books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaime didn't literally betray Cersei. That's just how she saw meeting with Tyrion. 

If they were serious about any of the shit they are doing, this could foreshadow a future betrayal. It's the same line Daenerys said to Missandei and they are going strong with the Cersei / Daenerys parallels. If Missandei were to be more than a doe eyed empowered translator and turn out to be a faceless man and betray Daenerys and then Jaime stabbed Cersei, that would work out nicely. 

But it won't, because this is fanfiction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Jaime didn't literally betray Cersei. That's just how she saw meeting with Tyrion. 

Yeah this is how I portrayed it. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

If they were serious about any of the shit they are doing, this could foreshadow a future betrayal. It's the same line Daenerys said to Missandei and they are going strong with the Cersei / Daenerys parallels. If Missandei were to be more than a doe eyed empowered translator and turn out to be a faceless man and betray Daenerys and then Jaime stabbed Cersei, that would work out nicely. 

Yeah that would work out very nicely. Id like to see that but yeah its not going to happen as you say they dont follow through.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

But it won't, because this is fanfiction. 

Fan ficition has taken over, its the ''book'' D&D use now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Yeah this is how I portrayed it. 

Yeah that would work out very nicely. Id like to see that but yeah its not going to happen as you say they dont follow through.

Fan ficition has taken over, its the ''book'' D&D use now.

D&D write scripts like Siri go to fanfiction.net/chadsummerchild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a bit confused too when Cersei said don't betray me again. Does this mean if Jaime even remotely does something that Cersei doesn't approve of, she'll make him pay somehow? I can see why Jaime's with her still after the pregnancy reveal, but does that mean Cersei will be the one to break up with Jaime and not the other way around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wondered about this when she said it. I couldn't believe that she thought this meeting was a betrayal, since Jaime was surprised by Tyrion.

i think she was talking about him releasing Tyrion after his conviction for Jeoffrey’s murder. And I think she considered that release a second betrayal when Tyrion killed Tywyn.

i do find it odd that both Cercei and Jaime are so broken up about Tywyn. He was a terrible father, he never had a kind word for either, and he was standing in the way of their aspirations. He was also planning to separate them permanently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This initially confused me too...but I just put it down to Cersei feeling he betrayed her by letting Tyrion go, and perhaps for making an arrangement with Dany behind her back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, House Rootbreaker said:

I'm about half way through AFFC and I have to disagree.  I think Jamie is much weaker in the books from his POV chapters and Cersei's.  Read through any of them and Cersei is just bitch slapping him left and right while he keeps coming back for more.  He may do things behind her back, like letting Tyrion go, but she is the alpha in that relationship.  I think he has looked stronger, albeit not my much, in the show.

The only thing Jamie can do to redeem himself in my eyes at this point, is kill Cersei.  I prefer him before he lost his hand.  He was more of an enemy then but at least he had his confidence. Imagine his humiliation if Ser Authur Dayne and Ser Barristan Selmy were around to see him today? He held them with such high regard in the books.

She has always hit him in the books but at the same time to them it was like fore play sometimes. The relationship was already twisted in more ways then incest so not sure how her slapping him applies. Jaime in the books actually seems to see her faults and back away where as this jaime just keeps coming back for more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cersai "feels" betrayed because she's the "Mad Queen". She's taken on that mantle because she's been brainwashed by Tywin to just kill anyone who opposes her. When Jaime told her that Olenna killed Joffrey, she didn't believe him- Jamie was there so he knows Olenna was telling the truth. Cersai is so caught up with her quest for the seven kingdoms that she doesn't want to be troubled with truths. She also doesn't care about Tyrion because he killed their mother and father. That was another part of the betrayal- not killing or bringing Tyrion to her for trial.

Having said all that, she's always scheming- my big question is- when they capture a soldier of the dead and bring it to her, how will she react and then how will she use it to gain some military advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/08/2017 at 2:39 PM, House Rootbreaker said:

I'm about half way through AFFC and I have to disagree.  I think Jamie is much weaker in the books from his POV chapters and Cersei's.  Read through any of them and Cersei is just bitch slapping him left and right while he keeps coming back for more.  He may do things behind her back, like letting Tyrion go, but she is the alpha in that relationship.  I think he has looked stronger, albeit not my much, in the show.

The only thing Jamie can do to redeem himself in my eyes at this point, is kill Cersei.  I prefer him before he lost his hand.  He was more of an enemy then but at least he had his confidence. Imagine his humiliation if Ser Authur Dayne and Ser Barristan Selmy were around to see him today? He held them with such high regard in the books.

I'd keep reading AFFC before you make a judgment because I guarantee by the end you won't feel show Jaime is the stronger version of the character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×