Drogon and Jon confirms Tyrion's a Targ bastard?

Holly Macaroni

4 hours ago, Holly Macaroni said:

Well, the title's pretty much self explanatory.

I haven't thought of it until i saw someone in the forum complaining something on the lines of "so Jon pets Drogon..Big deal, Tyrion already did it".

Well, by now you probably know the theories.

Can this be a hint of Tyrion's Targaryen lineage?

I would like to remind everybody that Irri and Doreah both petted the dragons.  And that the dragons are generally intelligent beasts that recognize who is Daenerys's enemy and who isn't (they never attacked greyworm or Missandei or Jorah or Dario) who means well and who doesn't (Tyrion went there to unlock their chains). Most animals are like that, especially in need. They recognize help. 

Of course it's not past the show to disregard this and introduce St. tyrion of house Targaryen, the most moral man in the world, hand of the queen, drinker of wine, master of strategy, payer of debts and center of bromances in season 8. 

I'm in two minds how I feel about this. On the one hand I would love Tyrion to be a secret Targ, more so than Jon. There is something satisfying and sentimental for me about Tyrion never really having a place in his family being more than about his disability. And on the other I can't help but think two secret Targ reveals would be overkill. 

I never subscribed to the Tyrion as a Targ theory and I don't think this moves it forward.  @RhaenysB has it right about the animal's instincts.  I think the Jon dragon interaction is more to show that Jon is courageous, but because the audience knows he is a secret Targ it is getting a little overblown.

Tyrion's story is the opposite of Jon's.

Jon wants to be a Stark but always knew he couldn't be.

Tyrion wants to not be a Lannister but is in almost every sense his father's son.

It'd bum me out if these inverse stories had the same end. Jon will have to come to terms with not being Ned's son in the same way that Tyrion has always had to come to terms with being Tywin's son.

1 hour ago, Xander Baratheon said:

Same here. I also would not want that to be the reason for Tywin's anger towards Tyrion.

Especially because that would make no sense at all. If Tywin had any reason to doubt that's Tyrion is his,  he would have thrown him off a cliff in infancy. The one and only reason he kept him was that he is a Lannister. He may have been a dwarf and his birth may have killed Tywin's beloved wife, but he was his son and a Lannister. Why would Tywin knowingly bring up Aerys's dwarf bastard who "killed" his beloved wife? Even if Tyrion is somehow a Targaryen, there's no chance that Tywin even suspected that. 

8 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Especially because that would make no sense at all. If Tywin had any reason to doubt that's Tyrion is his,  he would have thrown him off a cliff in infancy. The one and only reason he kept him was that he is a Lannister. He may have been a dwarf and his birth may have killed Tywin's beloved wife, but he was his son and a Lannister. Why would Tywin knowingly bring up Aerys's dwarf bastard who "killed" his beloved wife? Even if Tyrion is somehow a Targaryen, there's no chance that Tywin even suspected that. 

Great point.

not all cuckolds are aware they are cuckolds.  I present to you King Robert Baratheon.

It would be like the GRRM I've seen so far to have Tywin meanly and insincerely tell Tyrion he's not Tywin's son, only for Tywin to be unaware that he's telling the exact truth.

• 4 weeks later...

The best part of Tyrion being a Targaryen bastard is it explains the brutal sack of KL.

Tywin Lannister lay in wait for years to pay back his wife's rape and the implicit threat to his existing children.

Ordering the Mountain to rape Elia and kill her children was his revenge on King Aerys of House Targaryen.

Archived