Bets On The Father of Cersei's Current Pregnancy?

On 8/14/2017 at 9:56 PM, Lurid Jester said:

No one. It's a bad case of gas. 

I immediately though Bloody Mary. Uterine cancer.

As for the prophecy, read it very carefully:

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you.

It only applies to their marriage. So four is not ruled out. The fourth child is the valonqar. It dies in utero, Becomes a wight and strangles her to death...

Otherwise, I have thought the hound will kill her after Cleganebowl...

14 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

but everyone is telling Jaime that he is not smart, Open a, Tyrion....these are subtle indications that he has to to process sooner or later. Plus, there is his relationship with Btienne, that has been several times juxtaposed with Cersei (even in the pruple wedding). And Cersei can't have slept with Euron, imI think. It would be a good twist if Euron and Cerseu had been together (since they are evil) but Jaime killing her for this reason doesn't contribute to his arc. They are just delaying the inevitable.

Well, don't get me wrong, a LOT of what you are saying resonates with me.

No doubt.

Not sure why you say Euron "can't" have slept with Cersei, though.  i don't see why not.  Far as I'm concerned, each character's timeline has become a total mess, and I HIGHLY doubt anyone running the show is now even attempting to keep track of each character's personal timeline.  So, I see no reason that after Euron's initial meeting with Cersei (publicly, and on the show), he could not have hung around KL for a day or two to rest and replenish supplies (which would make a lot of sense), had sex with Cersei, then took off to intercept Yara, Theon, Ellaria and the Sand Snakes.   It's not like we saw Euron walk out of that throne room, go straight to his ship and sail straight away.

And yeah, I think it's a regression for Jaime's character (just like Dany has regressed at times, and Sansa has regressed at times), but once again, tt seems like this is what we are being given, almost as if all his time with Brienne never happened at all.

Kind of a let down, cuz I would rather see Jaime progress rather than regress, but in any event I'm sure he's still gonna cross Cersei off anyway.

13 minutes ago, Cron said:

Well, don't get me wrong, a LOT of what you are saying resonates with me.

No doubt.

Not sure why you say Euron "can't" have slept with Cersei, though.  i don't see why not.  Far as I'm concerned, each character's timeline has become a total mess, and I HIGHLY doubt anyone running the show is now even attempting to keep track of each character's personal timeline.  So, I see no reason that after Euron's initial meeting with Cersei (publicly, and on the show), he could not have hung around KL for a day or two to rest and replenish supplies (which would make a lot of sense), had sex with Cersei, then took off to intercept Yara, Theon, Ellaria and the Sand Snakes.   It's not like we saw Euron walk out of that throne room, go straight to his ship and sail straight away.

I was thinking he just left after the Ellaria thing, but indeed, he could be there.

13 minutes ago, Cron said:

And yeah, I think it's a regression for Jaime's character (just like Dany has regressed at times, and Sansa has regressed at times), but once again, tt seems like this is what we are being given, almost as if all his time with Brienne never happened at all.

Kind of a let down, cuz I would rather see Jaime progress rather than regress, but in any event I'm sure he's still gonna cross Cersei off anyway.

Sadly, I have to agree with you, they have destroyed thes characters. And yes, it's like he had never met Brienne. You know that even Nik asked the showrunners for clarification of his lines, and they just told him to shut up and play them. Every time he has the occasion, in interviews or on twitter, he ships Jaime with Brienne. He wants to play the real Jaime. I mean, who wouldn't?

7 hours ago, hallam said:

I immediately though Bloody Mary. Uterine cancer.

As for the prophecy, read it very carefully:

It only applies to their marriage. So four is not ruled out. The fourth child is the valonqar. It dies in utero, Becomes a wight and strangles her to death...

Otherwise, I have thought the hound will kill her after Cleganebowl...

Not counting her current pregnancy, she's already had four.  

While trying to console Cat in season one, while Bran was in a coma, she talks about how she felt when she lost a son to sickness. 

I'm not sure Jaime could kill Cersei, even as much as I love the idea that they came into the world together, they stayed together in life, they will go out together (with Jaime holding her ankle preferably...). Not show Jaime anyway, he can't even seem to leave her let alone bump her off. I'm fairly sure she won't carry to term (it seems only full term babies are classed as children in GoT), fulfilling the 3 child prophecy, but I wonder if it is something she does to cause the loss (something avoidable, something Jaime warned her not to do, because he's totally going to go over protective dad mode for this one...) or something she takes... or you know... all that wine she has been drinking. 

Regardless, I think it would have to be REALLY personal to get Jaime angry enough for him to kill her, I think Jaime would more likely walk away and never look back than wipe her off the face of the Westerosiworld...

On 15/08/2017 at 3:20 AM, Wildling Queen said:

Could the younger sibling be Arya considering that she's a younger sibling of Sansa, the girl Cersei tortured for so long?

I wonder if it could be Arya with Jaime's face? Negates the two hands problem (and it's how she/we spot that it isn't Jaime), still the younger sibling and Cersei has always been top of her list regardless of the things she did to Sansa. We are getting the hint that Arya sliiiiiiiiiightly sadistic and having the woman who oversaw the murders of her family killed by her own is beautifully evil. 

Although that does mean Jaime will have to die. Which makes me sad, but he isn't book!Jaime so I think I could live with it........

Oh but as for the dad, I reckon it's Jaime...

This is a fun discussion, but I really hope that Jaime is the father. His obvious happiness at finally being open about his relationship with Cersei and being the father is one of the few sweet moments in the story.

...which, of course, means something horrible will happen.

On 8/15/2017 at 6:46 AM, storm.131 said:

I think Cersei giving birth to a dwarf would also tie in nicely with incest increasing the likelihood of particular genetic characteristics being passed on.

However, having just re-read the chapter when Cersei saw Maggy the Frog, I agree that all this will turn out to be menopause or a phantom pregnancy because Maggy's prophecy said she would have 3 children.  Since everything else she predicted has so far come true, it would be unlikely for her to end up having 4 children.

Excerpt the prophecy from Maggy says (taken from the Westeros wiki)

Cersei's queenship
A younger, more beautiful queen will be Cersei's undoing.

Cersei: When will I wed the prince?
Maggy: Never. You will wed the king.
Cersei: I will be queen, though?
Maggy: Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.[3]

Cersei's children
Cersei will outlast her children and die by the hands of "the valonqar".

Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

So, the prophecy specifically tells about children with THE KING.   If the king in question is Robert, then Cersei could have gone on to have other children with other men. 

My theory is that it is Jaime's & we saw he is happy to have a new child on the way. But Jaime & Cersei are going to fall out, how?

I think Cersei will have an abortion. D&D like to shock, we've had child murder a plenty but not a graphic abortion scene. My guess is the last ep this series we'll be treated to Qyburn graphically aborting the baby. Jaime will by then already have lost a lot of faith in Cersei & early next season will do the volanquer. 

Why would Cersei abort? Her 3 other children died horribly and traumatically, plus if she does actually see a wight & think it's the end of the world she might snap & decide she doesnt want to bring another child into the world just to lose it & go through that suffering again.

5 hours ago, Little Lady Mormont said:

I wonder if it could be Arya with Jaime's face? Negates the two hands problem (and it's how she/we spot that it isn't Jaime), still the younger sibling and Cersei has always been top of her list regardless of the things she did to Sansa.

That would be a titillating scene to see Cersei recognize Jaime's face before Arya kills her but she would notice that he still has his both hands left!

On 8/14/2017 at 2:13 PM, Cron said:

I don't bet, but if I did, I'd bet Jaime is NOT the father.

My guess: Euron.

And when Jaime finds out, he's gonna go full Valonqar.

She is bringing Ser Gregor to her bed at night.  Who could resist that huge sexy powerlifter -- even if he is quasi-undead.  Cersei has been into much worse.  The question is if his seed still works.  There are no Kettleblack brothers around, and I can't see her turning to Qyburn. 

4 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

So, the prophecy specifically tells about children with THE KING.   If the king in question is Robert, then Cersei could have gone on to have other children with other men. 

Maybe a native speaker can expand on this, but the phrase 'the king and I' seems to me to potentially mean two different things.

Either it's talking about the children the king will have, and the children she will have (not necessarily together) - or talking about the children "the king and I" will have, as in: Cersei and Robert's children. But as far as I know, Robert and Cersei only had the one child she mentions in the first season when talking to Lady Stark.

This leaves me wondering if Maggy was just full of it, or if I'm misunderstanding the calculation. It seems to me Cersei has either had one too many children (four in total), or two of them are missing (just one with Robert).

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I don't think Cersei would let Bronn touch her. 

Why not?  Don't you think Bronn's good enough for her? My goodness, he's no worse than Lancel and the 3 Kettleblack brothers, and Cersei had sex with ALL of them!

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

And I'm still convinced that Tyene is dead.  

This is a very sad thing.  A very, very sad thing.

I believe we should give Tyene the benefit of the doubt, unless and until it's proven she's dead, but even then, of course, it's always possible she may be resurrected.  And if she did die and get resurrected, I don't think Bronn would care, I think he would accept her for who and what she is, just like Dany is apparently going to do with Jon.

There should be no discrimination in Westeros against the undead, unless they are evil undead, I say.

7 minutes ago, Cron said:

Why not?  Don't you think Bronn's good enough for her? My goodness, he's no worse than Lancel and the 3 Kettleblack brothers, and Cersei had sex with ALL of them!

This is a very sad thing.  A very, very sad thing.

I believe we should give Tyene the benefit of the doubt, unless and until it's proven she's dead, but even then, of course, it's always possible she may be resurrected.  And if she did die and get resurrected, I don't think Bronn would care, I think he would accept her for who and what she is, just like Dany is apparently going to do with Jon.

There should be no discrimination in Westeros against the undead, unless they are evil undead, I say.

There weren't kettleblacks on the show, and Lancel is a golden lion like jaime. Bronn is a "dirty sellsword" who has nothing to provide Cersei with. 

How do you like the idea of UnTyene and the Night King? 

3 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

She is bringing Ser Gregor to her bed at night.  Who could resist that huge sexy powerlifter -- even if he is quasi-undead.  Cersei has been into much worse.  The question is if his seed still works.  There are no Kettleblack brothers around, and I can't see her turning to Qyburn. 

Yes!  YES!!!

I like this theory too!!  And I wouldn't put it past Cersei!!

What would Jaime say???

By the way, b/c you used the word "powerlifter," I 'm curious, are you a fan of Hafthor Bjornsson, who is currently playing Gregor? Cuz I am.  He finished second in the World's Strongest Man competition a couple of years ago, not sure how he did last year or this year (if it's been held this year).

I love World's Strongest Man competition.  Hafthor's a real monster, listed at 6'9" and 420 pounds at one point.  Perfect to play Gregor, and I think he does a fantastic job.

And I really don't think it's a stretch to imagine Cersei having sex with him.  I remember there was that scene between Cersei and Gregor when Gregor was training (a bit before Gregor killed Oberyn), and I thought there was definite chemistry between Cersei and Gregor.  He IS intensely loyal to the Lannisters, and has been for a long time, and since Jaime lost a hand, Cersei can't use him as a champion.

I think it would be wild beyond belief if Jaime finds  out he's not the father by walking in and catching Cersei and Gregor in the act.  I would say VERY few people would have seen that coming!

Archived