Bets On The Father of Cersei's Current Pregnancy?

18 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

You know that even Nik asked the showrunners for clarification of his lines, and they just told him to shut up and play them. Every time he has the occasion, in interviews or on twitter, he ships Jaime with Brienne. He wants to play the real Jaime. I mean, who wouldn't?

Do you have a citation for this?  Not because I don't believe you, but because I would like to read it.

7 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

There weren't kettleblacks on the show, and Lancel is a golden lion like jaime. Bronn is a "dirty sellsword" who has nothing to provide Cersei with. 

Bronn can take a bath.  And he's a lot more capable of doing Cersei's dirty work than the Kettleblacks.  As i recall, they weren't real competent, and not very smart.  At least Bronn is pretty smart and witty, and I've heard women like that a LOT.

7 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

How do you like the idea of UnTyene and the Night King? 

That would be fantastic too!  Time to shake up Westeros, big time!!  

And it works, cuz she's already admitted she's "bad"!!!  So I'm guessing the Night King is into that, just like Bronn.

On 15/08/2017 at 2:00 PM, Cron said:

Frankengregor is a name sometimes used for the current version or condition of Gregor Clegane  Other names are also sometimes used, such as UnGregor (meaning Undead Gregor, as Cat, or Lady Stoneheart, is sometimes called UnCat)

So, I was contemplating the possibility that Cersei has been having sex with the current version of Gregor Clegane.

Or was it the reference to the Kettleblacks that confused you?  As i recall, in the books, the Kettleblacks were 3 brothers whom Cersei used as henchmen to do some of her dirty work, and in return, as I recall, she had sex with all 3 of them (at different times, so far as I know).  But the Kettleblacks were left out of the show, so I was speculating that perhaps UnGregor fills that role in the show, as a henchman of Cersei's whom she rewards with sex, and thus the baby may be Little UnGregor, Jr.

Mate, I know who Ser Gregor is. My "er, what" was in reference to this being one of the most ridiculous things I've read on this forum. And there's been some pretty whack stuff suggested. 

1 minute ago, Cron said:

Bronn can take a bath.  And he's a lot more capable of doing Cersei's dirty work than the Kettleblacks.  As i recall, they weren't real competent, and not very smart.  At least Bronn is pretty smart and witty, and I've heard women like that a LOT.

That would be fantastic too!  Time to shake up Westeros, big time!!  

And it works, cuz she's already admitted she's "bad"!!!  So I'm guessing the Night King is into that, just like Bronn.

Careful, the Night King isnt a bad guy. Jon just needs to remember to talk to him and reframe his mind to understand the White Walkers' point of view and then it will turn out that all this Great War is a misunderstanding and they just want to come south to cuddle puppies and have a right to vote. 

The problem is that Jon has a fixed mindset and thinks the negotiations have reached their limit of potential at Hardhome when in fact he needs to reframe his mindset and work towards a growth attitude so he chooses to put more effort into negotiating with the Night king instead of thinking he is right and trying to fight obstacles rather than embracing them. yup. Jon knows nothing about bullshit motivational psychology either. 

23 minutes ago, Cron said:

Yes!  YES!!!

I like this theory too!!  And I wouldn't put it past Cersei!!

What would Jaime say???

By the way, b/c you used the word "powerlifter," I 'm curious, are you a fan of Hafthor Bjornsson, who is currently playing Gregor? Cuz I am.  He finished second in the World's Strongest Man competition a couple of years ago, not sure how he did last year or this year (if it's been held this year).

I love World's Strongest Man competition.  Hafthor's a real monster, listed at 6'9" and 420 pounds at one point.  Perfect to play Gregor, and I think he does a fantastic job.

And I really don't think it's a stretch to imagine Cersei having sex with him.  I remember there was that scene between Cersei and Gregor when Gregor was training (a bit before Gregor killed Oberyn), and I thought there was definite chemistry between Cersei and Gregor.  He IS intensely loyal to the Lannisters, and has been for a long time, and since Jaime lost a hand, Cersei can't use him as a champion.

I think it would be wild beyond belief if Jaime finds  out he's not the father by walking in and catching Cersei and Gregor in the act.  I would say VERY few people would have seen that coming!

LMAO that's so funny.

Yes, I love the Strongmen!  Hafthor is not my favorite.............. but Iceland is filled with those big brutes ;) I actually like some of the guys not from Iceland too but many of them are from there.  Like Ari Gunarsson, Pall Logason, Stephan Solvi Petursson, etc.  Haffthor was a great pick because of his height as well as brawn.  Many of those powermen are short.. even under 6' tall.  I didn't realize or forgot his was 6'9.  That is an amazing height to be so muscley huge.  There is a cool video on youtube Giants of Iceland about the strongman phenomenon up there.  A real (but short) documentary.

THE MOUNTAIN'S BABY!!!  It would probably come out with wings and two heads from what Qyburn did to save him!  She would just blame it on Jaime saying he gave her corrupt incest seed LOL

The Mountain That Rides.................................... whole new meaning!  :o

so sick hahahaahaa

3 hours ago, Anarres said:

Maybe a native speaker can expand on this, but the phrase 'the king and I' seems to me to potentially mean two different things.

I thought about this too.  The prophecy speaks of her question "the king and I"... so it doesn't preclude more children. 

But that baby is NOT going to make it out alive to the end.  It is going to die a horrible death unfortunately.  It's going to be used as a GORE scenario for us viewers... I can totally see it.  It will be meant to shock everyone AND drive Cersei into full wildfyre mode (again).

Unless she's lying to keep Jaime close....... :huh: that is NOT out of possibility.  And we see this all the time in TV and movies with lying pregnancies to achieve the woman's goals.  Cersei is NOT above it.  But after watching  the ep again and watching her, I think she might really be.  And it would be a great plot tool for the future.  Breaking her and Jaime apart forever and driving her raging mad.

19 hours ago, Cron said:

Well, don't get me wrong, a LOT of what you are saying resonates with me.

No doubt.

Not sure why you say Euron "can't" have slept with Cersei, though.  i don't see why not.

Because show Cersei and book Cersei are different; show Cersei has been written to be far more devoted to Jaime and she would not throw his love away like that. 

Getting pregnant with an illegitimate child of Euron's makes no sense for show Cersei either. 

"Find out the child is not Jaime's, but Euron's". Why would they write this into the show? For what purpose? To turn Jaime against her? What, in seven to eight months time? That would be exceptionally bad even for them. I highly doubt the show's timeline will run for eight or so more months, let alone further than that for this plot line to be of any value whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Careful, the Night King isnt a bad guy. Jon just needs to remember to talk to him and reframe his mind to understand the White Walkers' point of view and then it will turn out that all this Great War is a misunderstanding and they just want to come south to cuddle puppies and have a right to vote. 

HARRR!!! Snarky!!

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

The problem is that Jon has a fixed mindset and thinks the negotiations have reached their limit of potential at Hardhome when in fact he needs to reframe his mindset and work towards a growth attitude so he chooses to put more effort into negotiating with the Night king instead of thinking he is right and trying to fight obstacles rather than embracing them. yup. Jon knows nothing about bullshit motivational psychology either. 

Perhaps one of those books Sam grabbed will help Jon see the light of "Moral Relativism."  The WW have done bad things, but so have the Forces of Life, so who are they to judge the WW?????

2 hours ago, Illiterati said:

Do you have a citation for this?  Not because I don't believe you, but because I would like to read it.

It's here:

http://time.com/4773892/game-of-thrones-jaime-lannister-nikolaj-coster-waldau/

What does "protective" look like?

I guess I can be a pain in the butt. I have suggestions like an annoying actor and I have questions. I’ve just sensed this last season that this is their baby: 'Just say the words as they’re written, and shut up.' Which is absolutely fine. I respect that! And obviously, what they write is not bad, it’s really good. It was a very significant shift.

1 hour ago, Iron Mother said:

LMAO that's so funny.

Yes, I love the Strongmen!  Hafthor is not my favorite.............. but Iceland is filled with those big brutes ;) I actually like some of the guys not from Iceland too but many of them are from there.  Like Ari Gunarsson, Pall Logason, Stephan Solvi Petursson, etc.  Haffthor was a great pick because of his height as well as brawn.  Many of those powermen are short.. even under 6' tall.  I didn't realize or forgot his was 6'9.  That is an amazing height to be so muscley huge.  There is a cool video on youtube Giants of Iceland about the strongman phenomenon up there.  A real (but short) documentary.

Mariusz Pudzianowski. 5 time World Strongest Man, from Poland.  The Greatest of All Time.  I watched him compete many times, he was astounding, just a bull of a man, and I think he was only about 6' tall (weighed around 300 though, as I recall, and looked more like a bodybuilder than a powerlifter).  Yeah, the shorter guys get an advantage in some events (cuz of laws of leverage in physics), but the taller guys have some advantage in a few events, too.  Overall though, the shorter guys with better leverage do have the advantage, though, think.  Of course, "short" in that competition probably means 6'3" or 6'4"

Is that why you call yourself "Iron Mother," by the way, with "iron" being a reference to "pumping iron"?.

1 hour ago, Iron Mother said:

THE MOUNTAIN'S BABY!!!  It would probably come out with wings and two heads from what Qyburn did to save him!  She would just blame it on Jaime saying he gave her corrupt incest seed LOL

The Mountain That Rides.................................... whole new meaning!  :o

so sick hahahaahaa

HARR!!!

i can't top any of that.  Sorry!!

2 hours ago, NexivRed said:

Mate, I know who Ser Gregor is. My "er, what" was in reference to this being one of the most ridiculous things I've read on this forum. And there's been some pretty whack stuff suggested. 

Oh, okay.

Well, just remember, truth is stranger than fiction!!!

To the folks posting that Cersie dies upon childbirth, that is interesting in light of the fact that we know that Dany, Jon, and Tyrion, all had mothers who died giving birth to them.  I am not certain of any meaning but it does strike me as odd.  

Also --   Let's say she sleeps with her twin brother Jaime and she gives birth to a boy, and she dies in childbirth. Isn't the baby boy both her son and her half-brother?  I am not accustomed to thinking so deeply about incest so I am confused :-) 

Because then don't we have the answer to the valonqar prophecy????

Because show Cersei and book Cersei are different; show Cersei has been written to be far more devoted to Jaime and she would not throw his love away like that. 

Whoa, really? I don't get that vibe at all.  Why was she having sex with Lancel on the show, then?  To show how devoted she is to Jaime?  I don't think so.

Getting pregnant with an illegitimate child of Euron's makes no sense for show Cersei either. 

Well, sometimes pregnancies happen "by accident." Whether they make sense or not. Right?

"Find out the child is not Jaime's, but Euron's". Why would they write this into the show? For what purpose? To turn Jaime against her? What, in seven to eight months time? That would be exceptionally bad even for them. I highly doubt the show's timeline will run for eight or so more months, let alone further than that for this plot line to be of any value whatsoever. 

POTENTIAL SPOILERS:  With respect, have you read the books?  Do you know the prophecy of the Valonqar?

Well, I'm absolutely 100% convinced that jaime is the Valonqar and is destined to kill Cersei.

And yes, I'm aware that the Valonqar has not been mentioned in the show, but I strongly believe that won't matter if in fact Jaime is the Valonqar in the books, cuz we've been told that the final endings for the major characters will be the same in the books and the show (albeit, often, by different routes). So, if Jaime is the Valonqar in the books and is going to kill Cersei, I am absolutely convinced he will kill Cersei in the show, too, whether the word "Valonqar" is ever uttered in the show or not.

And that's the "purpose" of the big reveal that Jaime is not the father, and Euron is.  To give Jaime the "motive" he "needs" to cross Cersei off, probably as a crime of passion, despite the fact that all current indications are that he's her lap dog.

And that's my reasoning.

35 minutes ago, Cron said:

Mariusz Pudzianowski. 5 time World Strongest Man, from Poland.  The Greatest of All Time.  I watched him compete many times, he was astounding, just a bull of a man, and I think he was only about 6' tall (weighed around 300 though, as I recall, and looked more like a bodybuilder than a powerlifter).  Yeah, the shorter guys get an advantage in some events (cuz of laws of leverage in physics), but the taller guys have some advantage in a few events, too.  Overall though, the shorter guys with better leverage do have the advantage, though, think.  Of course, "short" in that competition probably means 6'3" or 6'4"

Is that why you call yourself "Iron Mother," by the way, with "iron" being a reference to "pumping iron"?.

HARR!!!

i can't top any of that.  Sorry!!

"Iron Mother" means a few different things but no not because of that.

as for the other thing, you won't find too many minds as twisted as mine :P

36 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

To the folks posting that Cersie dies upon childbirth, that is interesting in light of the fact that we know that Dany, Jon, and Tyrion, all had mothers who died giving birth to them.  I am not certain of any meaning but it does strike me as odd. 

Off topic maybe but is anyone else kind of shocked how many freaking women DIE in childbirth in the World of Ice and Fire?  I mean WTF! 

Or like Lysa with constant miscarriages and stillbirths, and then to end up with Sweet Robyn.  What the HELL is going on in Westeros!?!?!

Then on the other side, you have (it was only in the books) was it the Goodbrother House?  They were in the Iron Islands.............. she gave birth to 12 GIRLS and then had TRIPLETS SONS!!!!!

And the Maesters at times seem to have a lot of knowledge concerning childbirth then other times just completely ignorant.  Like, other than "Maester, I do not bleed now for 2 moons turn" how do these Maesters know??  And then like with Rhaegar's wife the Maester basically said she cannot have another child IT WILL KILL HER.  Or that they have no idea a child is stillborn until it literally comes forth.... things like that. 

From the CITADEL now we have seen more about Maesters and they don't seem to be anything special.  Though they act in for "doctors".  Young Ned with Lyanna was saying "Call the Maester!"  They are more like scientists and knowledge-keepers... I don't get how they sub for "doctors".  We saw Qyburn with his primordial equipment and that was the most I ever saw of a maester actually practicing medicine.

And a lot of other stuff I can't think of now.  Then at one point they were blaming Jon Arryn for having "weak seed" with Lysa but she was getting inseminated a lot, just having problems coming to term.

oh and by the way user Cron, my new favorite is Denmark's strongest man, and I believe he also won WSM either now or recently in the past Mikkel Leicht.  He's is quite the superbeast.  :wub: yummy and i love gingers (Tormund would be proud)

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e15/15534849_682916051890183_2585564337892491264_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQwOTY0MDY3NjM3MDcyNzkwNQ%3D%3D.2

23 minutes ago, Cron said:

Whoa, really? I don't get that vibe at all.  Why was she having sex with Lancel on the show, then?  To show how devoted she is to Jaime?  I don't think so.

Well, sometimes pregnancies happen "by accident." Whether they make sense or not. Right?

POTENTIAL SPOILERS:  With respect, have you read the books?  Do you know the prophecy of the Valonqar?

Well, I'm absolutely 100% convinced that jaime is the Valonqar and is destined to kill Cersei.

And yes, I'm aware that the Valonqar has not been mentioned in the show, but I strongly believe that won't matter if in fact Jaime is the Valonqar in the books, cuz we've been told that the final endings for the major characters will be the same in the books and the show (albeit, often, by different routes). So, if Jaime is the Valonqar in the books and is going to kill Cersei, I am absolutely convinced he will kill Cersei in the show, too, whether the word "Valonqar" is ever uttered in the show or not.

And that's the "purpose" of the big reveal that Jaime is not the father, and Euron is.  To give Jaime the "motive" he "needs" to cross Cersei off, probably as a crime of passion, despite the fact that all current indications are that he's her lap dog.

And that's my reasoning.

I'm convinced the "valonqar" will have nothing to do with the show.  It never made reference to it.... and there are too many people they would want to keep "available" to kill her without having to stick to that part of the prophesy.

Eurine impregnating her is maybe the MOST beyond fan fiction even thing I have heard so far.  I'm not spanking you or anything, it's just so totally out of context and just.... no.

I've said before, there will be an incredibly vivid and catastrophic event for her to lose the child that will break Jaime from her forever (which needs to happen anyway) and whether or not he kills her (which is totally and maybe probably possible) will have nothing to do with it.  Other than, if he becomes so enraged at her that he basically stabs her big pregnant belly in a wild rage and that would be shocking enough in itself.

1) that baby WILL NOT live
2) Cersei WILL NOT live
3) that baby WILL BE the source of their final ending as a love affair in one way or another

1 hour ago, lakin1013 said:

Also --   Let's say she sleeps with her twin brother Jaime and she gives birth to a boy, and she dies in childbirth. Isn't the baby boy both her son and her half-brother?  I am not accustomed to thinking so deeply about incest so I am confused :-) 

Because then don't we have the answer to the valonqar prophecy????

The baby would be her son and nephew. 

I like your reminder about the number of mothers who died. It shows how common it is.

20 minutes ago, nara said:

The baby would be her son and nephew. 

I like your reminder about the number of mothers who died. It shows how common it is.

New twist, she has triplets: one from The Mountain, one from Eurine and one from Jaime.  Science is not applicable in this show anyway.

The first two come out deformed and dead with the final one being The Mountain's baby.  Ser Gregor's spawn has strangled the other two in the womb -- and is so large it kills her upon exiting (just explodes out of her like ALIEN).  Jaime's has golden hair; a tail; wings like a bat; mis-matched eyes...... Eurine's has one eye missing, blue lips and a skull shaped like a Kraken..... The Mountain's child is an undead with glowing blue eyes like the Night King and screams "Elia Martell" before it dies in Qyburn's arms trying to choke him.

Archived