Bets On The Father of Cersei's Current Pregnancy?

12 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

Right, I just mean that in the show she's given birth four times, even though the show kept Cersie's three children with crowns of gold prophecy.  

The whole reason that scene exists, apparently, was to pad pages in the script for studio execs. 

I suspect that the difference between books and show here is that the show copped out rather than mention abortion. Incest, fine. Abortion...

9 hours ago, Wildling Queen said:

My sister (who I watch the show with every week) said as soon as it happened that Cersei isn't really pregnant, but I think the convo with Qyburn before they even knew Jaime was there indicates that it is. And totally agree that this will be the death of Cersei.

Bloody Mary had a hysterical pregnancy that was probably uterine cancer. I think that what it is saying is that Cersei does not have long to live, less than 9 months.

As for the Valonquar, Jamie and Tyrion are both a bit too obvious. The hound has been defined by the fact that he is the younger brother. Cleganebowl has to be about killing Cersei, why else kill unGregor?

Or if you want sick. Bad pussy sandsnake is dead right? They bring the wight back to KL. The infection spreads. All bodies in the vicinity start rising up. Including bad pussy who busts out of the jail and strangles Cersei.

Ok, I am really not up to speed with the state of Cersei pregnancy. I was wondering though, wasn't it prophesied that she would have three children with a king? By my count, she is at zero so far, as all of her children, as far as I am aware, were Jaime's. So either the clairvoyant girl was wrong or Jaime is destined to become a king.

24 minutes ago, Monster_Under_the_Bed said:

Ok, I am really not up to speed with the state of Cersei pregnancy. I was wondering though, wasn't it prophesied that she would have three children with a king? By my count, she is at zero so far, as all of her children, as far as I am aware, were Jaime's. So either the clairvoyant girl was wrong or Jaime is destined to become a king.

No. The prophecy is a bit tricky, but it's accurate. It said she would marry a King, and be a Queen, and they would have children—20 for him and 3 for her. That's exactly what happened—Robert had 20 bastards, and Cersei had 3 bastards, and they had 0 children together.

So Maggy's prophecy is still on track, and there's no way you can use it to predict that Jaime will become a king.

The only problem is that Maggy also said that the 3 children will all have gold crowns before they have gold burial shrouds, and I'm pretty sure the show cut the Sand Snakes' plan to crown Myrcella and instead just had them kill her.

5 hours ago, darmody said:

I actually don't know where "Larry" comes from. I follow the crowd on that one.

I just like the idea of using boring nicknames like Larry and Carol in place of the memorable Jaime and Cersei.

3 hours ago, Cron said:

Very interesting.

Guess I'll have to watch out for that around here.

There was a long-standing discussion about how show!Jaime often acts more like a befuddled but charming male sitcom character than like book!Jaime, and eventually it was decided that it's because he's not Jaime, he's playing Larry, and they just got the name wrong on the scripts. Think Cousin Larry from Perfect Strangers, Larry the neighbor from Three's Company, Larry the dad from Hello Larry, etc.

(Coupling fans called the US version of Steve "Larry" for the same reason. I don't think the name was borrowed, it's just that "Larry" is such a hapless-sitcom-guy name.)

And Cersei is Carol when she's Larry's 70s sitcom wife, and when she's a Lifetime Movie-of-the-Week victim, but she's Cheryl when she's a kids'-movie villain.

People have since attempted to stretch things to other characters, but, none of them have stuck, other than the obvious descriptive nicknames like Batfinger or Ser Friendzone.

2 hours ago, falcotron said:

The only problem is that Maggy also said that the 3 children will all have gold crowns before they have gold burial shrouds, and I'm pretty sure the show cut the Sand Snakes' plan to crown Myrcella and instead just had them kill her.

If you consider the old-fashioned use of the word 'crown' for head, then all 3 children had heads with golden hair, thus crowns of gold.

1 hour ago, lakin1013 said:

If you consider the old-fashioned use of the word 'crown' for head, then all 3 children had heads with golden hair, thus crowns of gold.

Yeah, but in the books it seems to refer specifically refer to their actual crownings. That way, Maggy is telling Cersei about a series of great tragedies in her life (the Purple Wedding, the Dornish Myrcella conspiracy) when it sounds like she's talking about something positive.

Your way works too, but it's just reiterating the same bastardy bad news from the previous part of the prophecy, so it doesn't work as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure your way is a retcon, not what the show intended. If they were planning to change the meaning in the show, they'd just leave that part of the prophecy out (as they did with the valonqar part). They just decided to change the Myrcella story after the prophecy had already been broadcast, so now it doesn't work (without a retcon that they didn't think of).

2 hours ago, falcotron said:

There was a long-standing discussion about how show!Jaime often acts more like a befuddled but charming male sitcom character than like book!Jaime, and eventually it was decided that it's because he's not Jaime, he's playing Larry, and they just got the name wrong on the scripts. Think Cousin Larry from Perfect Strangers, Larry the neighbor from Three's Company, Larry the dad from Hello Larry, etc.

(Coupling fans called the US version of Steve "Larry" for the same reason. I don't think the name was borrowed, it's just that "Larry" is such a hapless-sitcom-guy name.)

And Cersei is Carol when she's Larry's 70s sitcom wife, and when she's a Lifetime Movie-of-the-Week victim, but she's Cheryl when she's a kids'-movie villain.

People have since attempted to stretch things to other characters, but, none of them have stuck, other than the obvious descriptive nicknames like Batfinger or Ser Friendzone.

HAR!!  Thanks for taking the time to write that all up, I enjoyed reading it.

Ser Friendzone simply MUST to be Jorah, right??

Batfinger?  Littlefinger, I suppose, but why Batfinger?

3 minutes ago, Cron said:

Ser Friendzone simply MUST to be Jorah, right??

Batfinger?  Littlefinger, I suppose, but why Batfinger?

Yes, although both of those are more from show-fandom than show-hater-book-snob-fandom like Larry and Carol/Cheryl.

The fans don't get the Littlefinger they need, they get the Littlefinger they deserve. Who occasionally starts speaking in broken sentences. For no reason. And who also uses a low, growly, mumble voice. Every few scenes. Not when it makes internal sense. Not when it's dramatic. Just pretty much at random. Because that's what I'm like. I'm Batman. I mean Christian Bale. I mean Aidan Gillen.

An idea just came into my mind... what if the valonqaar in the youngest of her sons that is going to be delivered (i.e. the brother of Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen)? The birth bleeds dry her, the born-dead baby is put on her body, and his hands falls on her neck while she dies?

What do you think about it?

1 hour ago, ERRI8013 said:

An idea just came into my mind... what if the valonqaar in the youngest of her sons that is going to be delivered (i.e. the brother of Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen)? The birth bleeds dry her, the born-dead baby is put on her body, and his hands falls on her neck while she dies?

I suggested eclampsia. It's a condition causing seizures during pregnancy.

9 hours ago, falcotron said:

Yes, although both of those are more from show-fandom than show-hater-book-snob-fandom like Larry and Carol/Cheryl.

The fans don't get the Littlefinger they need, they get the Littlefinger they deserve. Who occasionally starts speaking in broken sentences. For no reason. And who also uses a low, growly, mumble voice. Every few scenes. Not when it makes internal sense. Not when it's dramatic. Just pretty much at random. Because that's what I'm like. I'm Batman. I mean Christian Bale. I mean Aidan Gillen.

Great stuff!  Very funny.

And again, thanks for writing it up.

1 hour ago, Deminelle said:

I suggested eclampsia. It's a condition causing seizures during pregnancy.

Although I think it's Jaime, what you say is possible, and no more unlikely than many other theories which can include any character who has any older sibling.

If it can be Arya just b/c she has older siblings and Jon called her "little sis" (as I recall), then yeah, it can be just about any younger sibling, including Cersei's unborn baby.

3 minutes ago, Cron said:

Although I think it's Jaime, what you say is possible, and no more unlikely than many other theories which can include any character who has any older sibling.

If it can be Arya just b/c she has older siblings and Jon called her "little sis" (as I recall), then yeah, it can be just about any younger sibling, including Cersei's unborn baby.

You're right, but Arya is expected... Jaime too... even the Dwarf... I think the unborn would be a great surprise and something in the show at the level of the books (imho).

4 hours ago, ERRI8013 said:

The idea works and could be one way to end Cersei plus satisfy the prophecy.  BUT I really dislike Cersei and want her to experience a much more horrific death (yes, I am ashamed of my inner dark self :-).  

3 minutes ago, Eddard Scissorhands said:

She's been hanging around Qyburn and Ser Gregor a lot...Just saying.

Everyone says she's promiscuous in the books, which I haven't read, but based on her character on the show, I don't believe she'd go there.

12 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

11 hours ago, falcotron said:

Yeah, but in the books it seems to refer specifically refer to their actual crownings. That way, Maggy is telling Cersei about a series of great tragedies in her life (the Purple Wedding, the Dornish Myrcella conspiracy) when it sounds like she's talking about something positive.

Your way works too, but it's just reiterating the same bastardy bad news from the previous part of the prophecy, so it doesn't work as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure your way is a retcon, not what the show intended. If they were planning to change the meaning in the show, they'd just leave that part of the prophecy out (as they did with the valonqar part). They just decided to change the Myrcella story after the prophecy had already been broadcast, so now it doesn't work (without a retcon that they didn't think of).

Yeah, in the books I believe the prophecy was supposed to work in both ways with "gold will be their crowns" referring to both the color of their hair and the fact that they would all at least be attempted to be made king/queen.  But I think the addition of "and gold will be their shrouds" does refer to their bastardy in a way.  Because the "gold will be their crowns" referring to their hair shows that they are Lannisters and not Baratheons (who all have dark hair) but they would all die with the world believing them to have been Baratheons - hence the "and gold will be their shrouds" - the House Baratheon color. 

Also, in the show, while seemingly trying to offer sympathy/empathy about Bran's "fall" Cercei told Catelyn that her first child was a beautiful black haired baby boy who died (implying Robert as the father).  But then that was never mentioned or factored in anywhere again (that I remember).

Archived