Azor Ahai

Hibee87

9 hours ago, Rohlin_the_Wretched said:

One problem though ... If Jon is Lightbringer ... why did he have to die?  Technically he was forged at birth in your theory and therefore would not need to die to use his blood to ignite a sword.  The death was significant, but your theory makes it mute, which is a paradox.  

Good question.  My best guess is that while maybe anyone can be made into a fire wight and given the ability to use their own blood to create a flaming sword... 

... how many of those Fire wights would also be able to bond with and ride a dragon?

Granted this really only works in the show.  I don't remember Berric wielding a flaming sword in his fight against the Hound in the books.  

24 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

Good question.  My best guess is that while maybe anyone can be made into a fire wight and given the ability to use their own blood to create a flaming sword... 

... how many of those Fire wights would also be able to bond with and ride a dragon?

Granted this really only works in the show.  I don't remember Berric wielding a flaming sword in his fight against the Hound in the books.  

Beric wielded a flaming sword in the books as well.

53 minutes ago, Eddard Scissorhands said:

Beric wielded a flaming sword in the books as well.

So he did.  It's been a while since I read clash of kings that I thought maybe it was added in the show.  

Clash of Kings - Arya VI

Unsmiling, Lord Beric laid the edge of his longsword against the palm of his left hand, and drew it slowly down. Blood ran dark from the gash he made, and washed over the steel. And then the sword took fire.

So we have a character who has already proclaimed himself as Lightbringer through the vow of the Nights Watch...

A Game of Thrones - Jon VI 

"Hear my words, and bear witness to my vow," they recited, their voices filling the twilit grove. "Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come." 

...Been murdered and raised from the dead with the possible ability to turn any sword he wields into a flaming sword, and who will in all likelihood ride into battle upon a dragon named after his father.  

Symbolically and metaphorically the Lightbringer "wielded" symbolically and metaphorically by the Azor Ahai. 

Im not 100% convinced about the Rhaegal as a proxy for Rhaegar.  That may be too much. :)

On 8/18/2017 at 0:57 PM, Moiraine Sedai said:

Daenerys is Azor Ahai.

The problem I see with this is that she was never actually reborn. She is impervious to flame. It never killed her.

Theon has been reborn in salt. He has been reborn as Reek while Winterfell burned. He would need to awake dragons from stone. "Dragonstone". It's where he is now. We'll see what happens. 

Another issue with this theory is Thoros can ignite his sword as well and Thoros has never died to my knowledge.  And in the episode Sunday, either D&D made a faux pas or Beric doesn't even need to cut himself.  In the last fight right before Dany shows up, he didn't swipe his hand, the flame just ignited.

Archived