Azor Ahai

Hibee87

This may have been covered, and I can't say im 100% sure on the exact prophecy but is it possible that THE HOUND is Azor Ahai? This thought came to me after last nights episode.

I recall something about being 'reborn' in fire (you could poetically say he was reborn in fire when the mountain burned his face)

The fact he didn't die when Arya left him suggests he still has a major role to play.

He saw the flames telling him to go north.

And lastly, which is pure speculation at the moment but may tie in is the upcoming battle north of the wall. IF, Thoros (im sure its him who has that fire sword) is killed and drops it. events may unfold and the hound is forced to pick this up - light bringer? 

I am probably totally wrong, but thought it may be worth discussing?

Beric Dondarrion has the flaming sword in the show. The prophecy states that he will be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. I don't see this as Sandor Clegane.  Jon may pick up Beric's flaming sword, and the darkness may flee before him.

Sandor is not the right character to fulfill this prophecy, and he hasn't had a pov chapter in the books...etc.

People sometimes think that Azor Ahai will be the same as the original (Nissa Nissa and all that) but  the story of the original Azor Ahai will not replay exactly as it did in legend (forging Lightbringer for example):

In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him."

Come again, pull a sword from the fire, that sword will be Lightbringer.  Much open to interpretation, but how would Sandor wake dragons from stone?  Only Daenerys has done that.  

No one knows for sure what will come of all this, but my money is not on Sandor.

8 minutes ago, DarkBastard said:

Beric Dondarrion has the flaming sword in the show. The prophecy states that he will be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. I don't see this as Sandor Clegane.  Jon may pick up Beric's flaming sword, and the darkness may flee before him.

Sandor is not the right character to fulfill this prophecy, and he hasn't had a pov chapter in the books...etc.

People sometimes think that Azor Ahai will be the same as the original (Nissa Nissa and all that) but  the story of the original Azor Ahai will not replay exactly as it did in legend (forging Lightbringer for example):

In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him."

Come again, pull a sword from the fire, that sword will be Lightbringer.  Much open to interpretation, but how would Sandor wake dragons from stone?  Only Daenerys has done that.  

No one knows for sure what will come of all this, but my money is not on Sandor.

Aww man, I thought I was onto somthing. Thanks for the explination though 

2 hours ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

Gendry is Azor Ahai as foreshadowed by the joke about Davos smuggling ham. Gendry is the ham. 

This is of course a joke.

I think gendry too.  He's a swordsmith.   He literally pulls burning swords from a fire on the daily....

2 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

And if it is true, then Azor Ahai has come and gone, and the red witches are chasing a ghost.

It just means the Azor Ahai/PtwP did his/her duty and forged Lightbringer to stand against the darkness.  

Just feels very Martin that the chosen one died before the series started. :)

1 hour ago, Illiterati said:

A major spoiler theory.

Mind sharing the theory?   without the spoilers?  I  thought I had read most of the lightbringer theories (Dawn, Knights Watch, Dragons, BlackFyre) but what you are saying does not seem to fit. 

Just now, Eddard Scissorhands said:

still lost

The theory is below, though I'm not sure why it would be called a spoiler unless someone knows something I don't know.  

Jon Snow is Lightbringer

Rhaegar was tPtwP/Azor Ahai

Lyanna was Nissa Nissa Reborn 

Just now, Lurid Jester said:

The theory is below, though I'm not sure why it would be called a spoiler unless someone knows something I don't know.  

Jon Snow is Lightbringer

Rhaegar was tPtwP/Azor Ahai

Lyanna was Nissa Nissa Reborn 

Oh like that. Oops I didn't realize. I agree. I was looking for some intricate clues in Season 1. I don't think this is a spoiler, since Lightbringer was never even addressed in the show. So fun speculation

Archived