What was written in Jon's letter?

aryana

What do you think was written in a message from the North that made Jon believe its content beyond doubt?

Well, of course Jon knows there is an Army of the Dead north of the wall and it's approaching, but still... with just a few words that could be in that 3 cm scroll? And he knew the army's there before he even left for Dragonstone.He explicitly says "Bran saw..." at that meeting, but how did Bran see it? Doesn't he question it?

What does it even say in the message? Supposedly it was written by a maester, something along "Your Grace! Your brother Bran and your sister Arya have returned to Winterfell and are both alive and well. Bran has visions in front of the veirwood tree and he saw an army of the dead approching Eastwatch. It's hard to explain. Come home."

Or maybe written by Sansa: "Dear Jon! Arya and Bran have returned to Winterfell! Can you believe this?! They are both alive and well and I was so happy to see them. I know you will be, too. But I must warn you, they are both quite changed from what we remember. Arya is very skilled with sword, she beat Brienne and she keeps talking about killing people, and Bran sits in front of the weirwood tree most of the days and has visions. Today he saw an army of the dead approaching Eastwatch and he told me to..." end of scroll. Small p.s. "It's hard to explain. Come home."

Or maybe by Bran himself: "There is an Army of the Dead approching Eastwatch. Believe me. I was formerly known as Bran, your brother, but I am The 3-eyed Raven now and I know everything. You know nothing, Jon Snow. P.S. Arya is here, too. Come home."

Archived