Video Games: A (Sonic 3D) Blast From The Past

KiDisaster

Just now, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

That's good enough for me, everything after Black Ops was just two different. If it is as similar as you say I think I'll be happy with it.

Well, what little bits I played of the more recent CoD games felt exactly the same as Blops to me too. They all feel exactly the same to me, so I'm probably not the best person to ask I guess :P 

You can grab the open beta and try it yourself this weekend though. On PC anyway, I think the console beta was a few weeks ago. 

2 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

Well, what little bits I played of the more recent CoD games felt exactly the same as Blops to me too. They all feel exactly the same to me, so I'm probably not the best person to ask I guess :P 

You can grab the open beta and try it yourself this weekend though. On PC anyway, I think the console beta was a few weeks ago. 

The other ones were made by a different studio methinks, I think the upcoming one was made by Activision. I'm going to wait for the console beta.

I didn’t realize the SNES classic came out yesterday.

I had a patient tell me “Well, you probably don’t play video games, but...” when explaining why she was at Target at 6 AM.

:lol: 

Moved on to a very hard play through as the Eastern Roman Empire in Attila. I'm clinging to the Asian continent in Turkey and Syria. Alexandria is secure, and Thessalonika rebuilding.

I will die to slow the Persian rampage.

On 9/30/2017 at 6:43 AM, Rhom said:

I didn’t realize the SNES classic came out yesterday.

I had a patient tell me “Well, you probably don’t play video games, but...” when explaining why she was at Target at 6 AM.

:lol: 

:rofl:  

I got pretty excited yesterday when my local GameStop was showing online they had some units in-stock. False alarm, they'd sold out first thing Friday morning just like everyone else. 

For the Total Warhammer  2 folk anyone know how to handle food as Skaven? I'm playing as Queek and I've not been positive since the start and can't keep up the wars enough to recoup it from battles given that whatever Africa is called in this has some pretty big provinces. My main stack is fine but with the leadership penalties my garrisons and scratch armies made of clanrats end up breaking fast even for the rat people 

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:59 AM, Ferrum Aeternum said:

:rofl:  

I got pretty excited yesterday when my local GameStop was showing online they had some units in-stock. False alarm, they'd sold out first thing Friday morning just like everyone else. 

I work a block from the Nintendo store and they're still impossible to get.

Haven't been following the thread for awhile... has anyone on here spent any time with Elite Dangerous?  I'm thinking of picking it up... 

I think the last time I checked in I was starting FFXV... but it fizzled out and never hooked me.  Haven't picked it back up (and probably won't).

9 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

Haven't been following the thread for awhile... has anyone on here spent any time with Elite Dangerous?  I'm thinking of picking it up... 

I think the last time I checked in I was starting FFXV... but it fizzled out and never hooked me.  Haven't picked it back up (and probably won't).

I'm thinking about diving back in now that the Thargoids have returned. I spent 30 hours with it on release and enjoyed it, but played SP only and didn't do any multiplayer stuff. It was fun but there was a distinct lack of variety. Two years on that seems to have changed quite a lot with a lot more variety in missions and objectives.

I'm havin fun - currenty playing ps4 version.  It has a steep learning curve - do the tutorials especially the labding/hyperspace ones.  Forget about combat until youve built up some cash and bought/upgraded a decent ship. 

i'm currently flying a cobra iii with 2 beam lasers and 2 missile launchers.  Did my first combat mission the other night, pulled a few pirates out of warp.

my plan is to get some imperial navy rank and then explore for a bit.  After that, more missions to develop navy rank, save up for Asp Explorer and do more exploring.

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

I'm thinking about diving back in now that the Thargoids have returned. I spent 30 hours with it on release and enjoyed it, but played SP only and didn't do any multiplayer stuff. It was fun but there was a distinct lack of variety. Two years on that seems to have changed quite a lot with a lot more variety in missions and objectives.

I picked up the PS4 version after work tonight after watching some video reviews and gameplay (not sure how the console version compares to PC)... since I've got no kids until Saturday.  This seems like my kind of game, albeit I may never make it to the upper echelons due to the grind involved.  Looks like a big learning curve and a lot of depth, but I'm up to the task with a punishing open world game.  I think I'll go online only and avoid the SP, unless I have problems with crowded docking and such with the other noobs online for the earlier missions... 30 minutes left on the update downloads but I'll report back with my thoughts once I've spent some time with it.

1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

I'm havin fun - currenty playing ps4 version.  It has a steep learning curve - do the tutorials especially the labding/hyperspace ones.  Forget about combat until youve built up some cash and bought/upgraded a decent ship. 

i'm currently flying a cobra iii with 2 beam lasers and 2 missile launchers.  Did my first combat mission the other night, pulled a few pirates out of warp.

my plan is to get some imperial navy rank and then explore for a bit.  After that, more missions to develop navy rank, save up for Asp Explorer and do more exploring.

Good to hear!  Maybe we'll cross paths someday! :) 

Ok so... so far I'm working through the training missions.  The piloting controls are a little awkward but I'm getting the hang of it.  Now I'm trying to dock with Azeban city.  So far I've:  crashed into the star... twice.  Crashed into the space station after numerous approach attempts and passing it up.  Hovered around Azeban city at great length trying to figure out where I'm supposed to dock/land once I figured out the target on my hud was bascially just pointing me to the base and city in general... but not my specific landing spot.  Time for some Youtube!  But this is great fun and I'm liking it! 

ETA: Turns out there weren't really any helpful videos for this particular task, but I finally got it and stuck the landing! :D  

I'm finding it incredibly depressing that the latest trailer for the new Wolfenstein game is being considered a controversial political statement. It's a video game about killing Nazis in long-running series about killing Nazis; an ad saying that the game is about killing Nazis should not be a controversial statement.

In my own gaming, I've been playing Divinity OS 2 in local co-op with my girlfriend, and we're just causing chaos rather than paying attention to the story at all. It's the polar opposite from how I usually play these games, and I don't think I'd enjoy doing it this way on my own, but as a co-op thing it's pretty damn fun.

Archived