Lodos Prophecy

Fexyr

So, last episode, when Sam is leaving the room the maesters were discussing some ''crazy prophecies''. One of them said: "Don't forget the prophet Lodos, who promised that the Drowned God would destroy Aegon, the Conqueror.".

So I was discussing with my husband that maybe Euron can be the Drowned God and Aegon can be Daenerys, or even Jon?                                                    

We know prophecies may mean nothing, especially this one that was presented to us so carelessly (and yet, why mention this one?), but what do you guys think? 

Actually, this line caught my attention but not really in relation to any character. I'm rather interested whether this prophecy will exist (or does it exist already??) in the books too.

Other than that I just think that poor Lodos didn't get it right.

13 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

Actually, this line caught my attention but not really in relation to any character. I'm rather interested whether this prophecy will exist (or does it exist already??) in the books too.

Other than that I just think that poor Lodos didn't get it right.

Lodos is a character in the books although I think it's mainly in the WOIAF book. Not sure about anything else. 

I admit the name catches my attention because of the anime from years ago, The Lodoss Wars.

16 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

Lodos is a character in the books although I think it's mainly in the WOIAF book. Not sure about anything else. 

I admit the name catches my attention because of the anime from years ago, The Lodoss Wars.

Interesting, thanks! :)

Maybe it was a nod to the book readers.

Spoiler

After all, all of Faegon's plans got messed up by a sea storm even before landing in Westeros, and his troops are scattered all over the place.

Dany's Dragon Fleet was hit pretty bad by Euron as well. It might depend on what the exact wording of the prophecy was, that guy was just mentioning the main point, as far as he understood it when reading it.

Archived