The looks

Deminelle

I posted earlier that I don't believe in Jon and Dany's romance. I've changed my mind.

When Jorah says he will fetch a dead man for Dany, she looks at him surprised but doesn't say anything. She's more taken by Jon's words when he says he will join Jorah. You can see Jorah witness how Dany does not verbally object to Jorah leaving but swallows a little startled right before telling Jon: "I haven't given you permission to leave." Jon returns the look.

The hints were there but I didn't want to believe them yet as more than physical attraction. 'At her heart' could mean just the breasts, nothing romantic. Jorah gets warmest welcome than he ever did from Dany, but she accepts him leaving better than Jon. That's what I saw in those scenes.

There hasn't been enough time to show it.  If this were not a shortened season I think we would see that...but for now we have to accept the nonverbal over the verbal.  Drogon accepting him has done more than anything for this.  He was downright playful with Jon, with others he is considerably more grumpy.

I just feel so bad for jorah. He has been friend zoned so hard it's painful. I actually want him and dany to have one night together just so the man can have a fond memory.

4 minutes ago, DarkBastard said:

There hasn't been enough time to show it.  If this were not a shortened season I think we would see that...but for now we have to accept the nonverbal over the verbal.  Drogon accepting him has done more than anything for this.  He was downright playful with Jon, with others he is considerably more grumpy.

Grumpy is one way to put it. Personally I wondered about that scene. Did dany fly drogon right next to jon to scare him or was drogon landing next to jon on his own

1 minute ago, snow is the man said:

I just feel so bad for jorah. He has been friend zoned so hard it's painful.

Eh, he made his intentions known, she shut him down, yet he keeps coming back - that's entirely on him.

2 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Grumpy is one way to put it. Personally I wondered about that scene. Did dany fly drogon right next to jon to scare him or was drogon landing next to jon on his own

My interpretation is that she intended to scare him, perhaps she even considered repeating her "successful" bend-the-knee-or-burn routine from the previous scene (though I doubt it). She was definitely taken aback by Drogon's acceptance of Jon (though it was a no-brainer for the audience of course).

4 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Dany wasn't speaking as Drogon landed and ran up to Jon, I have to think he did it on his own.  She may have wanted to land there to talk to him, but I believe Drogon's actions were supposed to be viewed as his own.  Dany looked surprised as well...they showed her reaction for a reason (in my opinion).

9 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

I just feel so bad for jorah. He has been friend zoned so hard it's painful. I actually want him and dany to have one night together just so the man can have a fond memory.

It would be awkward for Dany and Jorah to become more intimate. I don't think the show should/could bring any more new suitors for Dany.

Not being able to see Jon properly on Drogon made her worried.

8 minutes ago, DarkBastard said:

Dany wasn't speaking as Drogon landed and ran up to Jon, I have to think he did it on his own.

Hmm, she does not seem to use verbal commands (other than Dracarys) with Drogon though, does she?

32 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

It all seems so contrived and inorganic.  They haven't done a good job developing a relationship between them.

Their love affair would have to be unconsummated at this point to make the reunion more meaningful. 

49 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

I posted earlier that I don't believe in Jon and Dany's romance. I've changed my mind.

When Jorah says he will fetch a dead man for Dany, she looks at him surprised but doesn't say anything. She's more taken by Jon's words when he says he will join Jorah. You can see Jorah witness how Dany does not verbally object to Jorah leaving but swallows a little startled right before telling Jon: "I haven't given you permission to leave." Jon returns the look.

Emilia was fantastic that scene. It was clear as day what that look was conveying once she heard Jon was going on this suicide mission.

9 minutes ago, That Westeros Dude said:

yeah they are getting together, the TV show wants it to be romantic, but it should have been political. 

It makes a great deal of political sense for them to marry, but after her previous experiences in that area we all know Dany would prefer someone she loved and respected, and they have a deal in common.

2 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Emilia was fantastic that scene. It was clear as day what that look was conveying once she heard Jon was going on this suicide mission.

Yeah, I also think she was conveying approval of Jon's willingness to do that as King- like she could learn something from it.  But yes, in general I have thought Emilia and Kit are some of the weaker actors, but there is no doubt in my mind they have bought out the best in each other this season.  Some really good chemistry there.

29 minutes ago, DarkBastard said:

There hasn't been enough time to show it.  If this were not a shortened season I think we would see that...but for now we have to accept the nonverbal over the verbal.  

Unfortunately, that goes for the entire show.  While I sort of understand why D & D want to move on and appreciate the need to finish this story as we probably will never get that with GRRM, I don't understand why there is such a rush.  Just having a shortened 9th season for example would make a HUGE difference in terms of being able to show stuff like this.

15 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

Hmm, she does not seem to use verbal commands (other than Dracarys) with Drogon though, does she?

I don't know for sure, but if she has to tell him when to burn, wouldn't she have to tell him when to fly and land?  If it's a mental connection, why would she have to say Dracarys?

Archived