Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Mother

Winterfell In Danger?

Recommended Posts

It is all leading to the Whites getting past the Wall and the first place to get hit is Winterfell.  Will all the other small houses run to Winterfell?  Will there be a battle for Winterfell?  Will everyone flee Winterfell?

One of these things has to happen.  A battle there or a mass evacuation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should the White Walkers/Wights get passed the wall, they will go south. Winterfell is in the direct line of fire, but they have strong walls. We might see a siege, etc. People will flock to Winterfell for protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the smaller lords will fall back to winterfell, where they send most of their grain, so winterfell can hold out on a prolonged siege.

at least, that is what sansa told us on screen...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes sense that winterfell will be where the WW go first, Im pretty sure there will be  a battle of Winterfell. Im not sure if winterfell will fall or it will stay standing but it certainly wont be a place where we see the WW defeated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always assumed the battle against the white walkers would take place at Winterfell. Like the main battle. Don't know why, just how I always saw it happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

It makes sense that winterfell will be where the WW go first, Im pretty sure there will be  a battle of Winterfell. Im not sure if winterfell will fall or it will stay standing but it certainly wont be a place where we see the WW defeated. 

Right so, if there is a siege there, people cannot escape unless the Walkers are defeated.  Therefore, there are only two options I see:

- The Walkers are destroyed at Winterfell (unlikely)
- Winterfell is abandoned and people flee South to get away before they get there (maybe based on Bran's Sight).

So, where will the North flee to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Right so, if there is a siege there, people cannot escape unless the Walkers are defeated.  Therefore, there are only two options I see:

- The Walkers are destroyed at Winterfell (unlikely)
- Winterfell is abandoned and people flee South to get away before they get there (maybe based on Bran's Sight).

So, where will the North flee to?

If they can help hold winterfell against the ww why would they want to escape?? Yes the WW  are killing innocents but they have a bigger goal/mission than to wait at winterfell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

If they can help hold winterfell against the ww why would they want to escape?? Yes the WW  are killing innocents but they have a bigger goal/mission than to wait at winterfell.

not sure what you mean.  If they attack WF they won't leave until everyone's dead and converted to their army.

If, say, Bran sees there is a huge host coming, he may tell them "we have to leave".  If they get stuck in there without the numbers, they will surely die.  And the Walkers have a significant host.... much more than what is at WF right now.

I totally see them all fleeing and heading South.  It makes perfect sense for people to seek out ISLANDS like Dragonstone or Tarth or the Iron Islands because the Walkers don't pass on water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

not sure what you mean.  If they attack WF they won't leave until everyone's dead and converted to their army.

What evidence do we have that they wont leave til everyones dead, we have seen them in open field against a couple of soliders etc but not against a well fortified building which is manned properly. The WW lead the army of the dead and if they are losing Id say that would move on or retreat. Why? well the WW clearly have a motive and stratergy even if we dont think. If we go back 8000 years ago they must have retreated/made peace or else the species would be extinct. 

Quote

If, say, Bran sees there is a huge host coming, he may tell them "we have to leave".  If they get stuck in there without the numbers, they will surely die.  And the Walkers have a significant host.... much more than what is at WF right now.

Winterfell was built by Brandon the builder as far as we know. He also built storms end and the wall, these were built with strong enchanted magic bound in, which stops blood magic and more importantly the WW. Winterfell is more important and significant than we think and I personally believe we will see the strength of it in season 8. Winterfell also carries the characteristics of being built over a volcano and you know what a volcano can produce, obsidian. 

Quote

I totally see them all fleeing and heading South.  It makes perfect sense for people to seek out ISLANDS like Dragonstone or Tarth or the Iron Islands because the Walkers don't pass on water.

I think Winterfell has a massive importance it would be stupid to desert something that is so significant. 

Also the crypts underneath Winterfell carry secrets and maybe items that will help defeat the WW, probably even relics or history of the last long night.

Lastly like all good castles are named they are actually a reference for something. So my guess would be Winterfell would be a metaphor for where the WWs brought winter and fell, or stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

What evidence do we have that they wont leave til everyones dead, we have seen them in open field against a couple of soliders etc but not against a well fortified building which is manned properly. The WW lead the army of the dead and if they are losing Id say that would move on or retreat. Why? well the WW clearly have a motive and stratergy even if we dont think. If we go back 8000 years ago they must have retreated/made peace or else the species would be extinct. 

Winterfell was built by Brandon the builder as far as we know. He also built storms end and the wall, these were built with strong enchanted magic bound in, which stops blood magic and more importantly the WW. Winterfell is more important and significant than we think and I personally believe we will see the strength of it in season 8. Winterfell also carries the characteristics of being built over a volcano and you know what a volcano can produce, obsidian. 

I think Winterfell has a massive importance it would be stupid to desert something that is so significant. 

Also the crypts underneath Winterfell carry secrets and maybe items that will help defeat the WW, probably even relics or history of the last long night.

Lastly like all good castles are named they are actually a reference for something. So my guess would be Winterfell would be a metaphor for where the WWs brought winter and fell, or stopped.

All good points.  The show has not mentioned magic in Winterfell... and if the Dead kill the armies encamped outside, that would suck.  And could all the North fit inside it?  I'm just posing the question.  I just don't see the Dead Army walking by Winterfell because living beings are in there behind a wall.

I would think any army that is currently there could not overcome the Dead... so I was ASKING would it be a good idea to retreat.  Especially if Bran "sees" them and says "there are too many, we need to leave.

IF NOT, then you have a scenario where a "final battle" with the Dead happens at Winterfell.  Don't you think the show will mean for the Dead to make it more South than that?  Even into the Capitol maybe?  If the last battle is at Winterfell, then that leaves the FINAL end to the show a battle between the squabbling human alliances.  I would think the Dead Fight would be the more impactful one and be the last one not the one before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that Last Hearth is in the way first along with the people in the New Gift and whatnot. But Winterfell is probably where everyone will fall back on and thus where the attack will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

All good points.  The show has not mentioned magic in Winterfell... and if the Dead kill the armies encamped outside, that would suck.  And could all the North fit inside it?  I'm just posing the question.  I just don't see the Dead Army walking by Winterfell because living beings are in there behind a wall.

I dont know how many people could fit in Winterfell. It wasnt that I was trying to defend Winterfell to speak but more that its a place of significant importance. I just dont see the Army of the dead walking by or giving up, ecspecially if Bran and Jon are inside. I think we could understand alot more of what they are planning or going to do if we knew that the WW actually wanted. I have a few ideas of what the potentially want and represent.

5 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

I would think any army that is currently there could not overcome the Dead... so I was ASKING would it be a good idea to retreat.  Especially if Bran "sees" them and says "there are too many, we need to leave.

I think we will see people leave Winterfell but not desert it though.

5 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

IF NOT, then you have a scenario where a "final battle" with the Dead happens at Winterfell.  Don't you think the show will mean for the Dead to make it more South than that?  Even into the Capitol maybe?  If the last battle is at Winterfell, then that leaves the FINAL end to the show a battle between the squabbling human alliances.  I would think the Dead Fight would be the more impactful one and be the last one not the one before. 

I think we will have a better chance to speculate and presume when season 7 finished. I.e where the WW end up, what happens with the meet at dragonpit etc. I personally dont think they will make it as far the capital. Again what do the WW's want. As much as i hate to say it I think the squabbling humans in the game to win the Iron Throne will be the last thing and not the defeat of the WW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

What evidence do we have that they wont leave til everyones dead, we have seen them in open field against a couple of soliders etc but not against a well fortified building which is manned properly. The WW lead the army of the dead and if they are losing Id say that would move on or retreat. Why? well the WW clearly have a motive and stratergy even if we dont think. If we go back 8000 years ago they must have retreated/made peace or else the species would be extinct. 

Winterfell was built by Brandon the builder as far as we know. He also built storms end and the wall, these were built with strong enchanted magic bound in, which stops blood magic and more importantly the WW. Winterfell is more important and significant than we think and I personally believe we will see the strength of it in season 8. Winterfell also carries the characteristics of being built over a volcano and you know what a volcano can produce, obsidian. 

I think Winterfell has a massive importance it would be stupid to desert something that is so significant. 

Also the crypts underneath Winterfell carry secrets and maybe items that will help defeat the WW, probably even relics or history of the last long night.

Lastly like all good castles are named they are actually a reference for something. So my guess would be Winterfell would be a metaphor for where the WWs brought winter and fell, or stopped.

This post has a lot of good stuff.  I don't know how much of it the show can squeeze in at this late date but they surely could use Sam's scrolls and Bran's abilities to give us some of it in show.

They've mentioned that Bran the Builder built Winterfell so all we need is for Sam to dig around a little in the Winterfell Maester's library to find out something important about Winterfell (magic walls/hidden items/something special).

I also believe the way the show is unfolding hints at the final battle actually being fought in Winterfell just due to how few episodes are left and what they need to wrap up.  These things indicate they either stay and fight the "final" battle in Winterfell are they'd have already left it by now.  Sansa's whole speech about the North fleeing to hide at Winterfell is just foreshadowing imo.

We have 8 episodes left.  The wights get past the wall this season and make it to WF towards the end of next season is my best guess. I suppose they could have WF fall early in the season though and the AoD move further south for the final battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

As much as i hate to say it I think the squabbling humans in the game to win the Iron Throne will be the last thing and not the defeat of the WW.

Wow so you think the final climax will be the human drama?  I'm not sure.  The lurking Dead Army has been the threat from the very beginning.  Perhaps the Human V Dead thing will determine itself who rules in the end... and the squabbling ends because OF what the Walkers do.  I can't see a defeat of the Night King and then still people go back to squabbling and scheming over the Throne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Wow so you think the final climax will be the human drama?  I'm not sure.  The lurking Dead Army has been the threat from the very beginning.  Perhaps the Human V Dead thing will determine itself who rules in the end... and the squabbling ends because OF what the Walkers do.  I can't see a defeat of the Night King and then still people go back to squabbling and scheming over the Throne.

I personally cant see it happening in any other order. The North and South will not unite, Daenerys and Jon will have to fight the walkers with their forces. Cersei is going to sit back and let her enemies be destroyed thinking that is the best option. The only other option is that the North flee that far away the WW and AoD attack KL and kill cersei etc, then the North swoop in and kill the WW etc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I personally cant see it happening in any other order. The North and South will not unite, Daenerys and Jon will have to fight the walkers with their forces. Cersei is going to sit back and let her enemies be destroyed thinking that is the best option. The only other option is that the North flee that far away the WW and AoD attack KL and kill cersei etc, then the North swoop in and kill the WW etc. 

 

Well, the slow way they have been moving, it would take another 2 seasons for them to get to KL.....

What you said about her waiting for them to fight the WW and wait makes sense.  She would do that.  Hell she might attack  them WHILE the WW are fighting them and hope to destroy all of them (the living) not caring what happens next.  What a bitch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

This post has a lot of good stuff.  I don't know how much of it the show can squeeze in at this late date but they surely could use Sam's scrolls and Bran's abilities to give us some of it in show.

Yeah time is limited so things could be missed out.

11 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

They've mentioned that Bran the Builder built Winterfell so all we need is for Sam to dig around a little in the Winterfell Maester's library to find out something important about Winterfell (magic walls/hidden items/something special).

Definitely think Bran will find things/explanations in the crypts.

11 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

I also believe the way the show is unfolding hints at the final battle actually being fought in Winterfell just due to how few episodes are left and what they need to wrap up.  These things indicate they either stay and fight the "final" battle in Winterfell are they'd have already left it by now.  Sansa's whole speech about the North fleeing to hide at Winterfell is just foreshadowing imo.

I like the idea of, history has a habit of repeating itself, so if it does then they stopped the others at Winterfell and pushed them back from there.

This time I believe its different,they will fully defeat the WWs for good thus destroying the time loop cycle.

11 minutes ago, Lord Okra said:

We have 8 episodes left.  The wights get past the wall this season and make it to WF towards the end of next season is my best guess. I suppose they could have WF fall early in the season though and the AoD move further south for the final battle.

The WW and AoD will make it past the wall in the Finale of Season 7.

If there is a battle at Winterfell it will happen a few episodes into season 8.

Personally I believe the WW want to go to the Isle of Faces, so for that reason I dont think they will go as far as KL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Well, the slow way they have been moving, it would take another 2 seasons for them to get to KL.....

What you said about her waiting for them to fight the WW and wait makes sense.  She would do that.  Hell she might attack  them WHILE the WW are fighting them and hope to destroy all of them (the living) not caring what happens next.  What a bitch!

I think after season 7 Finale we will have a better idea to speculate about things :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×